Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 06:57:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Treadbreaker  (Read 36681 times)
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: February 15, 2009, 06:23:36 am »

Whats the cooldown on this bad boy because it seems way too common?

Also we need the self destruct of vehicles function back in but I am sure you're aware of it.

Atm I can't help but wonder why PE would use any other AT since the treadbreaker can not only take a tank out of action but even ties up pop in an often uselessly placed unit.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 08:47:40 am »

hahaha, yeah, its even better than killing them right now :p.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 09:06:34 am »

someone told me 5 mins but it seems alot faster then that.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 09:25:21 am »

Having sex is sometimes shorter than you think, same thing applyes for waiting for a train (Takes loooong time)
Times runs fast/slow and is not in your favor, live with it

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 09:26:41 am »

ya, the game designers put that tool on the wrong tank.. should have put it on the greyhound.. the german 37mm was complete garbage, door knocker anyone? lol.

puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 09:28:27 am »

3 light AT hts per PE company.   Hence the common usage Smiley

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
MistenTHA Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 10:09:28 am »

The 1 PE game i managed to play earlier today had 1 AT-HT get off 0 treadbreakers (bugged, lost the ability), the 2nd got off 3 treadbreakers and the 3rd got off 1 treadbreaker.

All immobilised allied tanks subsequently died. Unfortunately between the PE flak 88 truck not-retreating bug (tying up 18 pop cap) and 88s built too close to the allied side of the map and being captured, it wasn't as gamebreaking as it could have been :p
nated0g Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 12:34:25 pm »

The ability is pretty broken. Compared to the really long repair rate its nasty.

Fair play to axis to thinking of it. But it makes it very difficult to make any sort of armoured attack at the moment.
And its not like the Axis arent brimming with AT everywhere at the moment anyways.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 12:49:03 pm »

Maybe up the cost of it, but that's how stickies are for axis. No one would maoveur his tank into a rifle group.

Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 12:53:01 pm »

I'm sure you are aware that the area denial of an at-ht is significantly higher than that of a rifle squad due to its range, speed, and inability to be suppressed or kited.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that the effect on allied armour of an At-HT being on the field is almost completely different to the effect on axis armour of their being a rifle squad on the field.
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 12:54:55 pm »

Agreed Baine, but stickies are relatively short range on a somewhat fragile unit, with a limit per use, instead of simply a cooldown.  Which in the case of treadbreaker seems to be too short.

Either limiting the times it can be used, or increasing the cooldown on treadbreaker seems appropriate.

I'd always be for a longer cooldown as opposed to limiting usage, since the former rewards a player for keeping a unit with low availability alive, and the latter makes the unit less useful once it has performed its function.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 01:31:24 pm »

You can always limit the treadbreaker effect.
I don't see what positive purpose you could have having an insta wtfpwn tank button in the game for limmited uses.

Also for reference matters, see the effect of the mobile 17 pounder and button up on OMG. Ring a bell ?
DiBBs Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 01:46:03 pm »

button up is one of the most dangerous things the brits can do to a tank, its almost like tread breaker except button up wears off after a while, but you can use it much more frequently since you can equip every tommy with brens.

[/rant]
Mobile 17 pounder is not good for EiR, emplacements make gameplay DIFFERENT. EiR isnt OMG.

Haaving a mobile 17 pounder is just like the 57mm and creates no new gameplay for the mod at all.
Doesn't anybody wonder at all why Relic didn't make 17 pounder mobile.

its called different gameplay options.
[/endrant]
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 02:10:11 pm »

This is definitely something that will be addressed in the near future I'm sure.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 02:17:34 pm »

Haaving a mobile 17 pounder is just like the 57mm and creates no new gameplay for the mod at all.
Doesn't anybody wonder at all why Relic didn't make 17 pounder mobile.

its called different gameplay options.
[/endrant]

It's called "Retail DEVs having their heads up their butts"

OMG's concepts of Brit emplacements are great. To have Brit AT gun be called on and used without an emplacement/ make an emplacement later is just what needs to be done.

Idc if OMG is taboo, I obviously like EiR better and have friends here, but this is something EiR should copy if possible.

(same with the treadbreaker precentage of effectiveness which is another OMG concept)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 02:53:14 pm by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

o4b Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 02:25:02 pm »

OMG's concepts of Brit emplacements are great. To have Brit AT gun be called on and used without an emplacement/ make an emplacement later is just what needs to be done.

Agree 100%

Also, I don't know what needs to be done with treadbreaker (higher cost, lower penetration, single/dual use, longer cooldown, probably some more out there) but as is it is op.

Quote from: EvilNRG
Pakman 1 : Hey look a slow  / dmg  vehicle is coming Pakman 2: snipe him while he is trying to escape. Pakman 3 hmm the English tea taste nice from what we got from the last staghound
DiBBs Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 02:25:51 pm »

no, relic knew what they were doing, they don't have the heads up their butts just because you don't agree with them.

They made British emplacements for a well thought out reason. It was to change the aspect of gameplay from a highly mobile state to a low mobile state that makes people think about tactics more.
Absolution Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 02:26:21 pm »

Disagree 100%.

A 17 lber that can move around like a 57mm is going to be absolutely broken unless you make it impossibly expensive, and then the British will whine that their AT is too expensive.

Tweak the current system, please, don't change it entirely.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 02:48:58 pm »

Dibbs, im not getting into how retail brits break every basic rule CoH has. When the vCoH DEV team left, the new OF DEV team came in with thumbs up their butts, they made a poorly designed faction. That is why in the retail beta, emplacements have been hit with the nerf bat hard. An army that can build it's base in the middle of a map control based RTS is broken.

Look if you dont believe that a mobile 17pnder will work go play a few OMG games. It is virtually the exact same thing as EiR in almost every aspect.

If it works there (and it works great), then it will work here.
I can think of a boat load of changes to make it balanced apart from a cost hike including RoF reduction till it is in an emplacement, slower movement speed while mobile, fragile crew, the point is it should be able to be used en route to an emplacement to some extent.

Edit- pardon me for derailing topic. I wont off post again
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 02:50:29 pm by Groundfire » Logged
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 03:29:32 pm »

If you know the enemy has an ATHT, either send in more tanks than he has ATHT's, or chase it off first with an AT gun...3 shots and the thing is dead...the only thing it can effectively kill is brens or quads really, so it will take forever to get vet.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc