Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:35:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: v0.0.2 Changelog  (Read 25644 times)
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 10:48:34 am »

Gliders can't crush infantry? I can see how that can kind of be a problem in EiR, but the reason it was changed was because blobbers where whining about their blobs being crushed because they don't know how to not blob. It was a good anti-blob, but appearantly relic now supports blobs?

-MP40s now 75mun!?! Wtf?
-Volks availability from 10 to 8
-Grens availability from 10 to 8
-PIV skirts now 90mun from 50mun

There goes my Wehr company and I never got to try it against Brits because the updater is screwy. The MP40s were against rifle spam, airborne spam, and to support my pak. MP40s kept them from just rushing in whenever they felt like it. So...  little discussion about the price and equality? MP40s = Lmgs? Really? The main reason people got MP40s because they were cheaper and were rightfully cheaper because they are close range and are on volks, which die easily. Fix the price and keep them 50mun, they are not against balance or OP at 50mun. Although at 75mun, they are crap.

The availibily is a meh because I always had a mix of volks and grens so no biggy.

I never bought skirts for PIVs because they never survived, but now I won't get them for a different reason... to expensive(definently with the now expensive MP40s).

Thanks Relic, for listening to all the children who play Americans. Who scream OP and crap because they blob and don't understand how normally more experienced players, Axis, normally know how to play better than them. Its just like WoW, all the kids want to play hero! So there are normally more kids on the "good" side than the "bad" side and with that comes alot of whining. Thats why I played horde, because they are generally better players and know what teamwork is. Thats why horde wins all the time, until nerfs(because of the kids screaming OP!!!).

Please don't get me wrong though, there are some good players on the "good" side, but the ratios between adults and kids are different. I also don't consider myself very good at EiR, but a decent player. Just now worse of a player because my company got nerfed.

This is my signature, this is where I put all these little tidbits that show my character or just random things I found funny. Well you know what?
EFF YOU!!!!1
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009, 10:57:54 am »

dude, you're fussing about 90 muni skirts on p4's? do u know how much skirts cost on m8's before these changes? 125 mp and 110 mu, so, compared to 50 muni and now, you really needn't whine. Hell, still m8's skirts are 100 muni, so compared to 90, they're basically saying skirts on an m8 is more "deadly" than skirts on a p4.

I kind of agree about the mp40's, maybe 60/65 but putting them on price with bars, but at the same time, a lot of people spam mp40 volks  so i guess i can understand what they're trying to do here.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Fingertrapped
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 11:13:04 am »

Skirts change was ok, maybe 75 would have been more in line but skirts are DAMN good for what they do, its not like you can buy panzershrek immunity on your sherman for 75 munitions. And it is all but immunity on the P4/PIV/Panther if you ask me. Stugs/Stuhs should still get cheap skirts though as these tanks still get raped by inf at, albeit a bit slower.

Mp40 price = Bar price just isnt right at all. Not unless you include the mp40 buffs from beta, which raises their accuracy by 0.2 or something.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009, 11:16:46 am »

personally, i think skirts, especially on panthers should be pretty high seeing as it almost makes infantry at useless, especially stickies, bazookas never penetrate from front armor if a tank has skirts. RR's still work but  u dont see a lot of airborne anymore cuz its limited.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2009, 11:17:53 am »

Quote from: Tymathee link=topic=8055.msg142316#msg142316

I kind of agree about the mp40's, maybe 60/65 but putting them on price with bars, but at the same time, a lot of people spam mp40 volks  so i guess i can understand what they're trying to do here.

have you tried them with the new changes? they got a definite boost, and are much more on par with bars, but thats not what they were priced against.

personally, i think skirts, especially on panthers should be pretty high seeing as it almost makes infantry at useless, especially stickies.

Skirts were at 50 BECAUSE in EIR they were restricted to vet 2, we were going to do that here as well, but never put it in, hence their price still being 50.  Since they are not going to have the vet restriction, they went up in price.

Bubblesatan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 11:41:35 am »

I quote salan, 0.45 accuracy at medium range made them far better than what they used to be. I am nearly sure they will win at close range vs barred rifles. Glad you implemented beta changes from the patch.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2009, 12:24:24 pm »

I quote salan, 0.45 accuracy at medium range made them far better than what they used to be. I am nearly sure they will win at close range vs barred rifles. Glad you implemented beta changes from the patch.

quite right sir,

MP40 med. accuracy is now 0.45, and that makes volks mean sonsabitchs.

A price hike was in order because the accuracy was doubled. 75munis is fine.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2009, 12:54:31 pm »

dude, you're fussing about 90 muni skirts on p4's? do u know how much skirts cost on m8's before these changes? 125 mp and 110 mu, so, compared to 50 muni and now, you really needn't whine. Hell, still m8's skirts are 100 muni, so compared to 90, they're basically saying skirts on an m8 is more "deadly" than skirts on a p4.

Where in the post did I fuss about PIV skirts? I said that I have never gotten them and the up in price of BOTH MP40 and skirts has made it to where I don't believe I will ever think about getting skirts unless I have a vet 3 PIV which I won't probably won't pay for vet 2 so it doesn't matter if it has the potential to become vet 3. Thats not a fuss, thats a fact.

None of what I have said is set in stone for Relic changes and EiRR changes happen. Maybe all of this is for the best, but it means my company that I had made in EiR for the last legs of its life can't come into EiRR because of these changes. My main anti-infantry was MP40s and Lmgs working together, but now I might aswell spam lmgs. So these changes = spam of lmg squads, more often, because you might aswell get them. I never have spammed, but now I might have to for the rest of my company to work. Accuracy is doubled on MP40s so price is good? Maybe, but I'd rather pay 50mun for the regular MP40 volks because they worked just fine and were cheap enough to cover my paks, I would still have munitions left over for my core infantry or whatever else I felt like at the time.

So no, I'm not whining, I'm just stating my opinion and how it affects me in the negative or in the positive.

The positive I would say is for my British Commandos getting a couple of buffs and such.

But there is also a major negative: A glider made with this new technology that can't touch infantry. Which means blobbing is getting even more of its counters taken away. PE blob/spam? Glider in on it and kill em' with commandos. Blob counter. Now? Glider in on them, they don't get touched. IF the commandos can get out, which it doesn't matter if they do, they die almost instantly. Glider crush is anti-blob, which was a good ability versus the PE because they blob all the friggin' time. BUT, there was a way to not get effed up by gliders, don't blob. Oh wow! Now glider crush isn't so devastating! Who would of thunk it, an easy way for glider crush to not hurt so bad! But, did PE players want to learn to not blob? No. So they bitched to Relic and now glider crush is gone. Whats next? Tanks not being able to run over infantry... again?

Again, not whining, stating an opinion and a fact about countering it. Well... maybe the last [edit]few[/edit] sentences were whining. Tongue
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 01:07:32 pm by Flashpoint Gold » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2009, 01:00:43 pm »

Being someone who played EIR for a very long time one of the biggest problems with an ongoing balance situation in a persistent game is that a lot of the changes will kill your current build.

I apologize for this but there is nothign we can do ... At times you will even need to remove actual units due to price changes, this sucks, but it is essential to maintain a progressive system that we are still balancing.
Lionel-Richie
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2009, 04:26:05 pm »

Relic probably also changed it since Gliders were being used as missiles instead of a "behind enemy lines" troop deploy-er.
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2009, 06:40:57 pm »

I fell strange saying this but I fully agree with Timmy. The 50muni skirts were OP. Though I think we might need different prices on skirts depending on the tanks. Something like:

StuG: 70
StuH: 80
P4: 90
Panther: 100
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2009, 09:54:55 pm »

I fell strange saying this but I fully agree with Timmy. The 50muni skirts were OP. Though I think we might need different prices on skirts depending on the tanks. Something like:

StuG: 70
StuH: 80
P4: 90
Panther: 100

This was about the pricing back before they moved to Vet unlocks, don't be surprised if you see something like this in the near future.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2009, 08:51:19 am »

Relic probably also changed it since Gliders were being used as missiles instead of a "behind enemy lines" troop deploy-er.

It only really hurt if people blobbed, which is why it was anti-blob.
Spendius Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2009, 10:40:34 am »

Glider crush is not a feature in retail, it's an exploit. You pay for a commando squad, you're not supposed to get an instant, unavoidable, free strafing run.

I'd be really happy if gliders didn't crush in EIRR.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2009, 10:47:08 am »

Anything on the storm trooper suppression recovery?

2.500 no mention of it being reverted that I noticed:

- Axis Stormtrooper Suppression Recovery now matches that of a Grenadier squad, previously they had recovered from suppression roughly 4-5x slower.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 11:40:31 am by EscforrealityTLS » Logged

Pwanawan baby!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2009, 10:53:30 am »

Glider crush is not a feature in retail, it's an exploit. You pay for a commando squad, you're not supposed to get an instant, unavoidable, free strafing run.

I'd be really happy if gliders didn't crush in EIRR.

its almost impossible to do so with 30 second deploy time and how weak it is, more than likely, u dont want anything to be able to fire at it at all.
Flashpoint Gold Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2009, 10:56:30 am »

Yeah, people don't like glider crush because they can't take losing infantry to getting run over by something. If I drove a humvee straight at you, my purpose of driving it is to drop troops off to fight you, I am not allowed to hit you because you don't like the fact of not being able to shoot me as I get out? All because your dead from being stupid enough to stand there and not move?

Glider crush was not an exploit, it was only called one by the blobbing community because they didn't like having to micro. Relic put it in there because they thought it might be interesting, cool, and a little bit more realistic to have the glider to be able to kill troops if it hit them. I don't know there real intentions, but they knew it was in there and they put it in there for whatever their reason was.

I am normally a Wher player. If my troops got hit by a glider and most of them died, I would be mad. Then I would face palm myself for being stupid enough to not move them or kept them unblobbed. Thats because I know better that to bitch about something that was the fault of the person who got glider crushed.
Lionel-Richie
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2009, 11:00:04 am »

Relic put it in there because they thought it might be interesting, cool, and a little bit more realistic to have the glider to be able to kill troops if it hit them

I'm pretty sure it's not realistic to have laser-guided gliders swooping down and crushing globs of infantry (or even smaller squads) with pin-point accuracy.

Those things were unreliable in finding their designated landing zones in fields.
Spendius Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2009, 11:13:32 am »

This is not the correct forum to discuss whether glider crush was an exploit or not in retail version, although I'm pretty sure the developpers didn't intend the glider to be used to blow up a pak gun.

I agree that with the added 30+ seconds deployement time glider crush would be much less of an issue in EIRR compared to retail, especially if a kind of drift similar to para drop is introduced. Then it would be only luck, which is a part of COH.
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2009, 11:34:02 am »

especially if a kind of drift similar to para drop is introduced.

A glider drifts and crashes into a house or forest.
GG commandos...

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc