Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:08:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MP40 Price @ 75 Munition = Reasonable?  (Read 17378 times)
Scyntos Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 09:30:18 am »

It might just be because the Muni bonuses aren't in yet or the doctorine abilities... but I have 8 volks in my company.. and frankly for the cost.. Volks out perform LMG grens by quite a bit. But I can hardly afford to equip those 8 volks. Alternatively.. my allied company..  7 out of 12 of my rifles have bars.. and considering if there's a volks blob.. the one bar will suppress them all.

I think the MP40 should probably be reduced to 65 muni. But then again.. this is based off the fact that we don't know any of the doctrine stuff.(Which is why balancing right now is a joke)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 09:49:48 am »

BARs don't suppress more than one target at a time, that was changed a long time ago.
That being said, yes you can still switch targets and suppress 2 - 3 squads but it's no longer guaranteed.
VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 09:54:14 am »

As a brit player, I -love- to see MP40 volks.  They disappear like ice cream out of the fridge with Tommies firing on them, especcially with the appropriate use of Brens or Riflenades. 

LMG42 is a lot more deadly to my tommies.

31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009, 10:17:18 am »

That being said, yes you can still switch targets and suppress 2 - 3 squads but it's no longer guaranteed.

2 targets is guaranteed most of the time if you know what you're doing. 3 Targets will take good micro and timing.
Scyntos Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 03:08:05 am »

BARs don't suppress more than one target at a time, that was changed a long time ago.

BARs do suppress more than one target at a time without switching targets; I see this quite frequently as I'm the one with the BAR. Might be a flaw in the system if it was supposedly changed a long time ago.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 03:09:24 am »

BAR's do suppress multiple units. It applies the modifiers to the weapon which in turn are directed at the targetted squad, but all suppression weapons have a AoE for their suppression values. So while squads nearby won't drop right away they will still get suppressed after a few seconds.

If it was changed for the mod, then I suggest it gets looked at again because it isn't working as intended, BAR's do suppress multiple squads. I just suppressed 3 Tank busters with SF
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 03:12:34 am by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 03:10:18 am »

Hmm I was convinced this was changed a while back Tongue.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 07:01:20 am »

Suppression is good if they aren't in cover or they are in close range, suppressing long range it's harder, suppressing green cover nearly impossible. Suppression isn't that good if your opponents use cover, grenadiers are harder to suppress, if they are at mid range and in yellow cover your rifles are gonna die before the pin. A part from suppression bar killing power is meh... while lmg is wut?! I would take a lmg over a bar every day.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 10:19:57 am »

No, you wouldn't when you buy the LMG on a gren squad your also buying new dance shoes. They don't stay put for long enough to be all that effective most of the time. But Lucky for you, you don't have to make the choice between BAR's or LMG's as they are mutually exclusive. Personally I like both weapons.

The MP40's aren't all that spectacular on the offense(fire on the move is garbage with them) but they are an improvement over the basic K98's.with availability the way it is it explains alot.  Personally I couldn't care about the Medium accuracy change. so i feel ripped off paying more munitions for it. But it does force a limit on my Munitions spending which is a good thing. Once Doctrine choices are introduced my opinion might change. which is why cost balancing doesn't seem too effective right now.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 01:07:47 pm »

Lmgs in Houses=pwnage which can't be stopped by normal infantry, huge effective range, solid unit which needs only one man to be effective with the lmg (not two weak cocksuckers) expecially if you put them in houses. A portable mg42 is what everyone needs.
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 02:20:59 pm »

While the Grenadier may be tough as nails and the LMG42 has decent damage output against Tommies, the weapon is inferior to the Grenadier Kar98k at longrange. Short and medium range are where it excels, which is what makes the LMG42 a defensive weapon. The BAR upgrade is far superior, but it comes on a weaker platform. The MP40 upgrade is in most situations inferior to the LMG42 because it requires all 5 members to be alive for the upgrade to have maximum effectiveness, while the LMG42 and BAR only require roughly 25% of the squad to exist for all the weapons to be in use.

So yes, even with the buff, Volks are not all that appealing. They're basically, 'ghetto KCH' as I recall someone saying. They're not mainline or versatile, but they can do a job if used well. Other things may do it much better, but they'll also cost more.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 01:02:47 am »

No, you wouldn't when you buy the LMG on a gren squad your also buying new dance shoes. They don't stay put for long enough to be all that effective most of the time.

Isn't the infantry running out of cover towards the enemy bug fixed in EiR? Unless it has re-occured again...
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 10:27:18 am »

There is no real way to fix that bug without massive coding overhauls by Relic. They mentioned they may work on it at some time in the future.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 10:38:35 am »

I believe it was fised in eir by disabling unit ai or something.
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 07:20:23 pm »

It was caused by infantry trying to dodge explosions like tank shots. That particular bit of AI is disabled in EIR iirc.

The coverseek AI could use work, though. DOW2's coverseek is easily much better, even on large squads.

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 10:29:08 am »

just tried them out and they are definetly not morth their cost

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2009, 11:25:18 am »

so thats it, you just said not worth the cost, You didn;t elaborate on the situation involved or what happened? Because i can tell you know Volks in cover standing still getting rushed by commando's who don't use smoke will win.(the smoke allows the to fire while invisible) I had a game where i watched 2 MP40 volks squads decimate 3 commando squads. It happens, but alot of people try rushing MP40's in like rangers or MP44's and they forget that they have an absolutely horrible fire on the move. Maybe you could explain why you don't think they are worth it or what happened, cause I'll bet you tried rushing somethng
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 11:26:11 am »

It's aloha we're talking about here, don't you think you're putting some too high standards?
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 01:25:17 pm »

There's this common misconception with commandos.

No, they DON'T fire when cloaked. They even uncloack to throw a nade, and can get shot up while trying to throw one.
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 02:54:09 pm »

There's this common misconception with commandos.

No, they DO fire when cloaked. They even stay cloaked to throw a nade, and can't get shot up while trying to throw one.

Fixed
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc