Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 06:01:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calliope vet 3 Requirement  (Read 7370 times)
Scyntos Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: February 26, 2009, 12:24:03 pm »

I think perhaps we should evaluate the XP needed for a vet 3 calliope in comparison to other artillery. Now I understand that the calliope is a better artillery unit as far as spread, mobility is concerned.. etc etc. However... 500 XP when all other artillery caps at 375 XP or less seems a bit much to me and here's why..

1) In EiR when I played axis and you wanted a calliope dead... You could potentially suicide a tank or several tanks and kill a calliope no matter the danger involved while using Blitzkrieg ability. Vetted artillery was never safe. So when Blitz becomes available again.. does someone get to feel screwed/cheated when a non-pp costing tiger or panther rolls across field, pops Blitz and decimates their vet unit that costs them a huge number of games played and 6 pp?

2) With the addition of FSJs into EiR:R... if the axis want your artillery dead... there's not a hell of a lot you can do about it. FSJs with fausts are just like dropping RRs on a hummel... it's almost a guaranteed death.

3) The Howitzer, 25 LBer, and Nebelwerfer in my opinion have more survivability than a calliope since you can retreat the crew and maintain the vet if it's in trouble.

It's my proposal that we increase the other artillery's XP needed or we decrease the XP slightly needed for a calliope. Seeing as how we're not getting 10% xp gain on units for a win anymore.
bfhogues Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 12:33:50 pm »

MOAR CALLIES.
-vet is for clowns

Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 12:52:15 pm »

You av to remeber that allies av all the arty and the Calliope has a bigger chance of not been destroyed than a hummel has. Hummels get damaged by every kind of fire from small arms to AT not to mention its slow as a snail when running away. Atleast the Calliope has better armor protection and faster at getting away than the hummel.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 01:07:57 pm »

You av to remeber that allies av all the arty and the Calliope has a bigger chance of not been destroyed than a hummel has. Hummels get damaged by every kind of fire from small arms to AT not to mention its slow as a snail when running away. Atleast the Calliope has better armor protection and faster at getting away than the hummel.
Fail, Hummels are immune to small arms fire, can crush infantry. BTW Hummel isn't underpowered, you need to cover it like another axis artillery(something what you forgot and my stuart was killing your alone hummel). Allie calli when it hits something, haven't 100% effective, it will kill some squads, hummel, have bigger chance to hit and kill and range, when calli must get closer to target.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 01:10:09 pm »

in a way, i'd have to agree, especially if you put it on par with the priest, which IMO is a much more deadly artillery platform than the calliope.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 01:42:23 pm »

1) In EiR when I played axis and you wanted a calliope dead... You could potentially suicide a tank or several tanks and kill a calliope no matter the danger involved while using Blitzkrieg ability. Vetted artillery was never safe. So when Blitz becomes available again.. does someone get to feel screwed/cheated when a non-pp costing tiger or panther rolls across field, pops Blitz and decimates their vet unit that costs them a huge number of games played and 6 pp?
Ehm, any decent Calliope player knows how to defend his Calliope. And you are already whining about an Ability, that's not even implemented yet, let alone it's not sure how it's going to be in EiRR.
And don't tell me that a Tiger or Panther is going to go for your Calliope only. Because that won't turn out well. And if they push with full force then it doesn't matter anyway, because then they decide the game.

2) With the addition of FSJs into EiR:R... if the axis want your artillery dead... there's not a hell of a lot you can do about it. FSJs with fausts are just like dropping RRs on a hummel... it's almost a guaranteed death.
You telling me that fausts are comparable to RRs? No. 2 Uses on a rather fragile unit(4 men) with 1min cooldown (i think) = 6 airborne with 2 RRs and a reload time of about 5 -10 seconds?
Your logic fails here. And if they'd do, they would maybe able to kill a priest(rear armor) but not a calliope because that thing can take a beating.

3) The Howitzer, 25 LBer, and Nebelwerfer in my opinion have more survivability than a calliope since you can retreat the crew and maintain the vet if it's in trouble.
That's true, due to the new retreat system, but then again these units are more fragile.

It's my proposal that we increase the other artillery's XP needed or we decrease the XP slightly needed for a calliope. Seeing as how we're not getting 10% xp gain on units for a win anymore.
Stay as it is please. It was a pain in the ass to have thousands of Vet 3 Calliopes in EiR. Those things are über enough. You never see a Vet 3 nebel.

CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 01:46:24 pm »

Stay as it is please. It was a pain in the ass to have thousands of Vet 3 Calliopes in EiR. Those things are über enough. You never see a Vet 3 nebel.

Wrong. I personaly witness seeing that Leafedge already has a Vet 3 Nebelwefer.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 01:48:17 pm »

Wrong. I personaly witness seeing that Leafedge already has a Vet 3 Nebelwefer.

Yeah sorry, i meant to say "saw" as i was referring to EiR.
Scyntos Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 02:06:50 pm »

Ehm, any decent Calliope player knows how to defend his Calliope. And you are already whining about an Ability, that's not even implemented yet, let alone it's not sure how it's going to be in EiRR.
And don't tell me that a Tiger or Panther is going to go for your Calliope only. Because that won't turn out well. And if they push with full force then it doesn't matter anyway, because then they decide the game.
I've played both sides for many many months now. I know how to defend and kill a calliope. And I will tell you that people will suicide tanks to kill a calliope. I sacrificed a panther to kill a priest in a game. This game is about obtaining vet without losing your own.. if you have to sacrifice a unit to do so.. you will. No one cares about winning or losing at the moment.. it has no effect on your experience loss/gain.
You telling me that fausts are comparable to RRs? No. 2 Uses on a rather fragile unit(4 men) with 1min cooldown (i think) = 6 airborne with 2 RRs and a reload time of about 5 -10 seconds?
Your logic fails here. And if they'd do, they would maybe able to kill a priest(rear armor) but not a calliope because that thing can take a beating.
I'm not saying fausts are comparable to anything.. I'm saying that given an appropriate number of FSJs... a calliope... will not survive fausts. I've seen this happen... People do drop more than two FSJs with fausts.. someone who knows what they're doing knows that FSJs don't have fire up and will make sure they can one shot the tank... 4 Fausts will kill a calliope.

That's true, due to the new retreat system, but then again these units are more fragile.
Yes.. they are more fragile.. but really not by much. I had a nebel land on my calliope 3 times the last game I played.. damaged or destroyed engine everytime.

This isn't just about calliopes... all Artillery vet needs to be taken a look at. The last game I played I ended up with 26 inf, 1 tank, 3 light vehicle kills on my callie. And before you say that it's because the callie is overpowered... we dominated that game and it was easy to sit there barraging the shit out of the opposing team. But here is my actual point... the callie only gained 53 vet. Not all games will a callie be as destructive... with that in mind.. if 53 xp per game was average.. 10 games and it would be vet 3. But i've played 6 already with mine and still a mere 133xp which is 34xp away from vet 2. How many games should you have to play with a calliope and have it survive to be vet 3?

I'm not whining saying that I should have a vet 3 callie.. I'm just saying the average usefulness of a calliope has gone down since EiR and with that.. so should the xp requirement.. or alternatively raise the rest of them.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 03:09:03 pm »

I think that the calli vet is pretty high, but think of this once you get your calli to vet 2 it has its cool down decreased which should make the road to vet 3 a little easier. I'm curious as to how they came up with the numbers, vet 1 50XP was not difficult to get, then vet 2 167, I've had mine for 4 games with vet 1 and am still only at 115XP. But its so easy to have your calli fire, and as soon as its done get the heck out of there, you can outrun just about anything and with the smoke, you need very determined axis to get it. So since it's a lot easier for it to evade, means it lives longer.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 03:25:56 pm »

If you mean have a mortar nearby to use smoke shells, then thats a waste of smoke barrage. If you mean the Pop smoke ability on American tanks then thats a waste of munitions, It doesn't actually do anything except consume munitions

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 03:39:17 pm »

I dont think the callies need any kind of buff or reduction in vet, its currently the hardest arty piece to counter with the most dangerous type of delivery method.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 03:59:16 pm »

using smoke is very useful. I once put smoke on a building where i couldn't protect it from a sniper once and the sniper didn't hit the hmg inside once. It reduces all incoming accuracy

http://www.coh-stats.com/basics/smoke.html

Smoke reduces accuracy of many weapons, most of them projectiles, weapons such as the grenade, artillery or flamethrowers are not affected by smoke.

The size of a smoke cloude is 8x8x8, most likely a cube instead of a sphere

All projectiles that needs to go through a smoke cloud is affected, units does not have to be inside the smoke to receive cover bonuses, and launching smoke on enemy weapons works just as well.

Commando Smoke

Commando Smoke is unique, it only affects things inside of the smoke, make one step outside and your bonus is gone.

Commando Smoke lasts 14 seconds.

a lot of weapons will go down to 25-10% accuracy with smoke, its awesome.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 04:06:08 pm »

It's not just arty vet. It's general Vet that got toned down, together with experience gained. It takes longer and is harder to vet stuff. Good change in my opinion.
Scyntos Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 04:19:46 pm »

Well my calliope is dead now.. because for some unknown reason everyone in my game dropped but the opposing team all got to stay in theirs with no opposition and killed it and of course the game counted. Way to go. Yet another reason why the vet should be toned down. Because in this instance crews instantly retreat when someone drops... tanks.. ie.. Calliopes sit there and have a seizure.

Seriously.. what a waste of my fucking time.
Igawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 04:24:22 pm »

HAHAHA, this topic makes me laugh. Does nobody remember the old EIR leaderboard? There were always at LEAST 5 calliopes on there. At one point there was one with 1k exp, and several with 700+

There is no other unit which can earn it's cost back as quickly in the whole game.

All of you guys complaining that the calliope is 'too hard to defend' or 'too hard to vet up' should go try out the KT, and marvel at how few kills it gets per game. And how hard it is to keep alive to vet 3. And how expensive it is. And how it rapes your pop cap.

And now they even get dual rocket racks as standard. AND you can buy pershings at the same time!

Honestly...
Scyntos Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 04:29:09 pm »

This isn't a comparison of how horrible KTs are.
Calliopes do not have Double rocket packs as a standard.
Old EiR =/= EiR:R.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 04:32:12 pm »

HAHAHA, this topic makes me laugh. Does nobody remember the old EIR leaderboard? There were always at LEAST 5 calliopes on there. At one point there was one with 1k exp, and several with 700+

There is no other unit which can earn it's cost back as quickly in the whole game.

All of you guys complaining that the calliope is 'too hard to defend' or 'too hard to vet up' should go try out the KT, and marvel at how few kills it gets per game. And how hard it is to keep alive to vet 3. And how expensive it is. And how it rapes your pop cap.

And now they even get dual rocket racks as standard. AND you can buy pershings at the same time!

Honestly...

thats what i was thinking... i was debating inf or armor when i did mine and choose infantry because of my love fest with rangers.. but, i would love to have a calli instead of my howi.. shoot, move hide...   have a jeep or eng hanging out with it to scout to see if somebody is coming for it etc..   lol.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 04:35:58 pm »

So the most durable, mobile and dangerous artillery is too hard for you too keep alive? Seriously? Do you just fail?

Scyntos Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 04:42:14 pm »

So the most durable, mobile and dangerous artillery is too hard for you too keep alive? Seriously? Do you just fail?

Are you just an idiot? Where in all my fucking posts am I complaining about keeping it alive? It has nothing to do with keeping it alive.. if it dies it fucking dies. This is about the veterancy required to make it to vet 3 whilst keeping it alive.

If you guys are just going to be dumbasses stay the fuck out of my thread. So tired of this. Learn to read.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc