Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:12:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calliope vet 3 Requirement  (Read 7362 times)
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 04:43:32 pm »

LMFAO

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 04:49:17 pm »

If it stays alive, it should be easy to vet. Shit its easier than just about anything else to vet up.

Igawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 04:49:48 pm »

Plays the same to me man.

In the last 3 games I've played i've seen a vet 2 calliope in each one, and they had just as many kills as ever, and none of them died.

In terms of cost per damage dealt, the calliope is still king of the hill. Yeah sure there's a few more ways for it to die (not that i can think of any...i'm sure there's a few though), but big deal....it's still the best arty avaliable.

Priest loses to it because howitzer shells are more likely to do huge damage in a relatively random area with a good time between hits (giving troops a decent chance to escape), while calliope does moderate damage over the whole area...meaning you might not annihilate a lot of squads, but by god you're going to take 2-3 guys off those grens, crippling their combat effectiveness by 50% and making them retreat.

Best thing axis has in comparison is hummel, maybe stuka. However, they're both more fragile than the calliope and in the case of the hummel, slower. Oh, and they're easier to dodge...hummel, for reasons above, and the stuka cause it's rockets take an eon to hit the target.

I've developed a whole branch of tactics JUST to minimize the damage from calliopes on my men. Nothing else has earned this distinction besides raid assault airborne, and they're gone now.

If the vet on calliopes is going to be changed then vet seriously needs to be looked at on everything else, cause calliopes simply have THAT much of an impact on on the game. Making it easier to get vet (which makes them a good amount more dangerous) is just a dumb idea.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 06:50:20 pm »

HAHAHA, this topic makes me laugh. Does nobody remember the old EIR leaderboard? There were always at LEAST 5 calliopes on there. At one point there was one with 1k exp, and several with 700+

There is no other unit which can earn it's cost back as quickly in the whole game.

All of you guys complaining that the calliope is 'too hard to defend' or 'too hard to vet up' should go try out the KT, and marvel at how few kills it gets per game. And how hard it is to keep alive to vet 3. And how expensive it is. And how it rapes your pop cap.

And now they even get dual rocket racks as standard. AND you can buy pershings at the same time!

Honestly...

Uh, so you've "developed" a bunch of tactics to dodge calliope shots but you didn't know that the current calliopes most certainly do not have dual rocket racks?   Its the standard retail calliope with no modifications atm.

And lol pershings, what a waste of, well, everything.  For a tiny bit more cost my ace will roll right over your pershing.  In old EIR if those calliopes played against a competent team, they would've died.   MI+rocket barrage spells instant death the second a calliope with DRR fires.  Its a miracle that they survive that long, probably has more to do with every defensive player picking fatherland defense.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 06:56:26 pm by gamesguy2 » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 10:13:21 pm »

Tym, Smoke is great, IF it's the Mortar smoke or any smoke in the game EXCEPT the sherman smoke it's great. The sherman smoke upgrade is actually really useless, it does nothing because it used to make Shermans nigh invulnerable while they fired with normal accuracy. If your trying to Mortar smoke a tank good luck, it's delivery system is far to slow

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 10:40:34 pm »

Oh how I miss MI + Rocket Arty.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 10:52:58 am »

HAHAHA, this topic makes me laugh. Does nobody remember the old EIR leaderboard? There were always at LEAST 5 calliopes on there. At one point there was one with 1k exp, and several with 700+

There is no other unit which can earn it's cost back as quickly in the whole game.

All of you guys complaining that the calliope is 'too hard to defend' or 'too hard to vet up' should go try out the KT, and marvel at how few kills it gets per game. And how hard it is to keep alive to vet 3. And how expensive it is. And how it rapes your pop cap.

And now they even get dual rocket racks as standard. AND you can buy pershings at the same time!

Honestly...

Uh, so you've "developed" a bunch of tactics to dodge calliope shots but you didn't know that the current calliopes most certainly do not have dual rocket racks?   Its the standard retail calliope with no modifications atm.

And lol pershings, what a waste of, well, everything.  For a tiny bit more cost my ace will roll right over your pershing.  In old EIR if those calliopes played against a competent team, they would've died.   MI+rocket barrage spells instant death the second a calliope with DRR fires.  Its a miracle that they survive that long, probably has more to do with every defensive player picking fatherland defense.

Well but we are in EiRR now, there's no offmaps (yet) and that thing is damn hard to kill. So why would you make it easier to Vet?

Tell me how to Vet a Officer. That guy can't kill anything besides a sniper and weapon crews in the ass, gaining 1 exp for each of them. That should be upped...

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2009, 11:01:18 am »

HA HA yeah he really should get a portion of exp gained from supervised unit or something
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2009, 10:54:52 pm »

OK just got my calli up to vet 2... was not hard at all. And even in games that were lost didn't come TOO close to dieing, though I could thank saints pershing for taking a clown car of schrecks a better target. Also, the smoke is far too useful to not buy, I use it just about every game luring units into AT guns or just making a clean getaway.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc