Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 08:52:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Piats and bazookas  (Read 4442 times)
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: February 28, 2009, 04:56:11 am »

85 to 80 is just crazy.
Sappers - Rangers.

I dunno on which conditions this was based, but its really bad.
I think piat should cost like 70. It sucks beyond relief, we all know why :p
And you have them on sappers, not on elite infantry.
At least if the cost was appropriate..
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 05:03:07 am »

Shultz, PIATs are to be used in blobs of 4 or more, versus enemy blobs. Not in 2 vs tanks Wink.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 05:19:48 am »

which is why he's saying they should be cheaper.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 05:43:14 am »

Well I think shrecks r too expesive at 110-150 MU for one but I don't think ill see them lowered just cos I can't get loads and spam them like the brits do already with PIAT even if they suck.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 05:54:04 am »

Shultz, PIATs are to be used in blobs of 4 or more, versus enemy blobs. Not in 2 vs tanks Wink.

Mytalin piat is considered an AT weapon first and foremost, despite its use of randomly shooting at infantry as well which is based on sheer luck as anything that has to do with piat is and it can be considered of somewhat as an AI role.
And despite what happens when you spam piats, schreks or panthers piats right now are overpriced as AT.
I dont think my basis is actually that off.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:00:41 am by Schultz » Logged
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 06:18:59 am »

Mytalin piat is considered an AT weapon first and foremost, despite its use of randomly shooting at infantry as well which is based on sheer luck as anything that has to do with piat is and it can be considered of somewhat as an AI role.
And despite what happens when you spam piats, schreks or panthers piats right now are overpriced as AT.

Shultzz, Mystalin actually holds a similar opinion as you do about PIATs.
Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 06:33:28 am »

shrek price lowered?
Seriously?
WTF are you on crack, cocaine or something?
They're the best manpacked AT and cost pennies already - if anything their price should go up, or their penetration values should be halved. But that's just my, completely biased, opinion which I don't  even have - I think shreks are fine in all honesty.

PIATs are based on pure random, but I don't think they're worse than zooks - actually much better than them. I think the PIAT price should be kept the same, but the sappers could cost a bit less - 10 15 MP.

My main problem would be with the commando PIAT - for something that's so much more vulnearable than a sapper PIAT and which can't even repair or cloak in cover... it's absolute shit. It should cost around half what it does now.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 07:20:25 am »

Shultzz, Mystalin actually holds a similar opinion as you do about PIATs.
Funny Miten, but i didnt see that.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 09:22:12 pm »

shrek price lowered?
Seriously?
WTF are you on crack, cocaine or something?
They're the best manpacked AT and cost pennies already - if anything their price should go up, or their penetration values should be halved. But that's just my, completely biased, opinion which I don't  even have - I think shreks are fine in all honesty.

PIATs are based on pure random, but I don't think they're worse than zooks - actually much better than them. I think the PIAT price should be kept the same, but the sappers could cost a bit less - 10 15 MP.

My main problem would be with the commando PIAT - for something that's so much more vulnearable than a sapper PIAT and which can't even repair or cloak in cover... it's absolute shit. It should cost around half what it does now.

I think the piat should decrease in cost, half its current cost. With availability used to prevent them being spammed as an AI weapon.

Bazookas and shrecks are fine at their current cost.

Why mess with tried and tested prices from EIR? Use the wehrmacht and americans as benchmarks to price other units to ensure consistency.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 10:33:48 pm »

Isn't it a little retarded that Equiping schreks on storms is 150 munitions per. I mean i know they cloak but currently i don't see any stormtroopers as Axis or Allies and i have a Blitz company. I can understand them being more expensive then grenadier schreks but 150 is a little over the top. Isn't that why availability is in place? To prevent unit spam.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 10:45:39 pm »

EiR:R Availability is meant to make spam harder to do, not prevent it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 11:01:51 pm »

brn4me, schreck on storms are way more dangerous than schrecks on a gren. the ambush capability is insane. Can't tell u how many times i've had a tank die to a volley of schrecks from hidden stormies
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 11:07:50 pm »

brn4me, schreck on storms are way more dangerous than schrecks on a gren. the ambush capability is insane. Can't tell u how many times i've had a tank die to a volley of schrecks from hidden stormies

Shreck stormies are deadly but they're an 'expert' weapon. They need high skill to get their value back...300 munitions and 300 manpower is quite a high cost for what can be easily be killed quickly by certain counters.
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 12:06:59 am »

Shreck stormies are deadly but they're an 'expert' weapon. They need high skill to get their value back...300 munitions and 300 manpower is quite a high cost for what can be easily be killed quickly by certain counters.

High skill to use doesn't mean it should be cheap.  Just look at snipers.  The most fragile unit in the game, no AT ability, and costs even more than storms with shreks.
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 12:47:00 am »

High skill to use doesn't mean it should be cheap.  Just look at snipers.  The most fragile unit in the game, no AT ability, and costs even more than storms with shreks.

Snipers were originally priced higher in pop, muni and mp to stop their spam. I wonder why now, with availability that's still the case. If it's necessary I mean.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 12:58:16 am »

I got around 40 kills with it most of my games... so I think that 200mu can be considered cheap.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc