Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:45:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bren button > treadbraking treadbraker  (Read 16380 times)
BigDick
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 09:03:44 am »

Button duration might be too long when people are using more than one button squad. I wish there was a way to make button not work immediatly after the tank is released from first button, etc. Its really nasty when people are stacking several buttons on the same tank with a armor reinforcement pack giving brits 57mms.

Brits get the stronges reinforcements in the game with armour 2xAT57mm 2xsherman

as PE you need to decide between tanks (you not even has tanks like cromwells) means 2xpanzer4 of blitz or  2 AT guns of defensive

combined with buttoning (and on top firefly) the armor reinforcements >> all axis tanks

i think the cooldown for this ability is to short and buttoning last to long

It's the same thing that Allies whined about concerning the Treadbreaker.
When there's a Heavy Tank or whatever (preferably vetted) they will keep him buttoned and finish him off, and the Axis player can't do anything, the tank is lost in most cases.

So get us the treadbreaker back in any form. Give it 10 minutes cooldown or whatever.

indeed we saw many axis heavy tanks dieing in no time without any chances to survive because of bren buttoning
and keep in mind a bren tommy squad is not useless, the bren is the lmg with highest damage output in the game

MP44

atleast mp44 of PE sucks because it is expensive as hell and since the crapy armor type of pe grens (much more damage to "rifle"nades and flames) and the low health per man, your mp44 expensive 4 men squad dies in notime
and you don't even have a chance to get vet on this small squads when you fight blobs

Its entirely doable to overcome the british blob, even with PE. Just now recently I had a game against Pak88. I sent in a kettenkrad to confirm that he was gonna blob tommies. Before this game I had given the issue of how to overcome a tommy blob with normal units some thought.

uhm pak88 is a very bad player and he don't even know how to blob
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 09:13:28 am »

uhm pak88 is a very bad player and he don't even know how to blob

I take that you've beaten him many times, even though you avoid me, smokaz and many other allied players on purpose? Tongue
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 09:17:58 am »

I'm with Akra on the MP44s. If there's more than a Tommy or two you probably won't get any benefit, but it's your best bet, and if you're lucky it'll force the buttoning squad to shift targets.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 09:21:41 am »

I personally enjoy very close games or games against better opponents more than anything else, and Pak will at least play anyone anywhere.. can you say the same? I love seeing you guys with your win/loss stats go up against total newbies who are not even on ventrilo.. when Im sitting on venue fighting draken/schultz or killer/anyone.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2009, 09:32:30 am »

lol 1st time anyone ever said i was a bad player lol heck i spend just as many game being avoided as i have been called a good player lol.

But yeah ill add that without bren button tiger aces would be queens of the battlefields. Bren squads are vunerable to mortar, focus fire and other junk. What you notice is that most people dont focus on brens but other units like AT guns and any anti-armor. Even if its one bren buttoning most people will go for what holds the AT. Big mistake, and even i can say make this mistake often too. Pretty hard to figure out which bren at times is doing the buttoning during all the panic.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2009, 09:49:11 am »

the problem is that u cant beat a 3 tommie blob which is supported by LTs, a captain and an ATGun even while its buttoning a tank.. thats stupid

treadbraker should just be treadbraking and even then its quite expensive compared to brens which are usually used as antiInf weapons..and are quite effective

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2009, 11:17:29 am »

I don't know about you guys but I do know that with 2 squads of bren you can blockade 1 tank together for 40 seconds. Enough time to drag that 57 of yours or your allys 57 to hammer your tank into bad shape, if it manages to escape.

I've had one solution to bren buttoning and it has been running over brits with the Jagdpanther but that only worked in VCoH since they were slow in enemy territory xD

Anyhow. Treadbreaker's an expensive sticky nowadays I presume? The whole platform can't even hit its target and has hard time versus everything due to its inaccurate fire and low damage if it manages to hit the target.
After treadbreak shot the vehicle is like...eh like a waste of pop cap? Dunno.
Bren infantry at least still can move around and cap territory while the treadbreaker sits back and waits the ability recharge while sipping coffee and watch when the territory gets capped.
If the cost of the thing would be dropped it would be fair however 95 for almost 1 use ability...

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2009, 11:18:36 am »

mortars, especially the half track really fuck with brit blobs

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2009, 11:49:35 am »

Supervised mortar is good fro blobs. Supervised MG42, ok so I'm loving the officer too much. But a Mortar makes a nice juciy target for blobs, It's a pity they can't see the Goliath in cover... BOOM! then it's raining LT fingers and toes.

MP44 wielding units are certainly no counter for CW units. especially commando's once they pop that smoke on you they continue to shoot you and you can't fire back. I woudl agree that button is a bitch. but you can try and kite it. And everyone pretty much assume that the brits will follow your tank. so you can have MG42's setup or mines/goliaths. Besides if he chases and gets suppressed my an HMG you either force him to Heroic charge you, or Heroic charge away. Either way it's putting HC on cooldown. Which while isn't the best solution you can still focus the LT and then suppress the blob all over again.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 11:53:29 am by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 11:58:02 am »

probably heresy, but more often than not i've seen tanks just drive away from a button. even light vehicles, which take heavy damage in the process, are fast enough to just drive away and un-button themselves. IIRC, buttoned tanks can still shoot, it's only their sight range that is reduced

i'm guessing your getting fucked over when you drive into a trap, then get buttoned, but thats hardly Button being OP

besides, currently, what do you expect brits to use, if not relying on their main infantry? their tanks get owned by axis equivalents. their support weapons are static and shortranged, so tommy 'blob' (@aloha; you fling this around as if it's only allied players that do this) is really the only viable british strategy at the moment, and can be easily countered by any sort of indirect fire (or heavy tank for that matter, PIATs should be the last thing a tank commander is afraid of).

my $0.02 on the matter anyway
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:00:18 pm by Khorney » Logged
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 01:07:47 pm »

They want Brits to only use emplacements.  Literally.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
wildfire444 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 01:38:58 pm »

so let's nerf the g43 because most PE players seem to like targeting retreating vetted lieutenants and slowing them for an obscenely long time... and americans/brits don't have something that can slow infantry down!!!!

not tym
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2009, 01:40:22 pm »

G43 has already been nerfed in this mod. They do much less damage or something compared in vCoH.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 01:49:42 pm »

Who needs G43 slow to kill vetted LTs? G43 slow is to kill vet Cpts, they are much tougher.

Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 01:50:30 pm »

notice this comes from brit players lol. ok well it is my opinion that the buttion ability currently removes one of the last hard counters to britsh blobs, tanks. ok so lets say i am fighting an american rifle blob now, there overwelliming my position and i cant get my arty to fire (cooldown) i just drive my IST there and ignor the threat of stikies (if i get stikied i just lock my tank down) this stops most normal american infentry blobs even rangers (not RRs)

now lets say i am fighting a brittish blob.  lets assume they have LTs and button. o ya i have terror renforcements

1. i cant use my tank to counter them (bren and PIAT combo)

2. i cant use my assualt grens (horrid armour and health)

3. i cant use my g43 (only stops 1 squad plus has low dmg and accracy)

4. i cant use my MG42 (rifle nades)

5. i can use my vet 2 hummle (but i will most likly miss)

6. i can try to use my grenadiers with dua LMGS (will still die to rifle nades and will be focused fired)

so total i am left with 2 soft counters to a british blob and will without overwhelming support be forced to retreat or die. now i have no problem with brittish blobs but buttion just feels to strong in comparision to its american and PE counter parts (The now pointless tredbraker, and the stikie).

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 01:50:38 pm »

Who needs G43 slow to kill vetted LTs? G43 slow is to kill vet Cpts, they are much tougher.

I loled!

Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 02:06:04 pm »

You can use your tanks.  Kite with them, stay at long range.  Bait and draw the bren Tommies forwards into a kill zone.  You can use your mg42, heroic charge doesn't last forever and the blob gets exhausted afterwards.  Riflesnade/piats are pretty random so you just need to go with the rolls.  If I can hit an axis blob with a 25 pounder, you should be able to hit a blob with a more accurate Hummel.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 02:13:38 pm »

You can use your tanks.  Kite with them, stay at long range.  Bait and draw the bren Tommies forwards into a kill zone.  You can use your mg42, heroic charge doesn't last forever and the blob gets exhausted afterwards.  Riflesnade/piats are pretty random so you just need to go with the rolls.  If I can hit an axis blob with a 25 pounder, you should be able to hit a blob with a more accurate Hummel.

Do you play PE/Wehr by chance?
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 02:14:25 pm »

notice this comes from brit players lol. ok well it is my opinion that the buttion ability currently removes one of the last hard counters to britsh blobs, tanks. ok so lets say i am fighting an american rifle blob now, there overwelliming my position and i cant get my arty to fire (cooldown) i just drive my IST there and ignor the threat of stikies (if i get stikied i just lock my tank down) this stops most normal american infentry blobs even rangers (not RRs)

now lets say i am fighting a brittish blob.  lets assume they have LTs and button. o ya i have terror renforcements

1. i cant use my tank to counter them (bren and PIAT combo)

2. i cant use my assualt grens (horrid armour and health)

3. i cant use my g43 (only stops 1 squad plus has low dmg and accracy)

4. i cant use my MG42 (rifle nades)

5. i can use my vet 2 hummle (but i will most likly miss)

6. i can try to use my grenadiers with dua LMGS (will still die to rifle nades and will be focused fired)

so total i am left with 2 soft counters to a british blob and will without overwhelming support be forced to retreat or die. now i have no problem with brittish blobs but buttion just feels to strong in comparision to its american and PE counter parts (The now pointless tredbraker, and the stikie).

why not use a tank and mg 42 a g43 and a mortar?

stop trying to fight 40 pop with 10
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2009, 02:15:48 pm »

Do you play PE/Wehr by chance?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 02:17:22 pm by Mukip » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc