Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:59:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wars and Rewards for Winning  (Read 3809 times)
RaptorCommander Offline
EIR Regular

« on: March 01, 2009, 11:42:10 pm »

I propose that if/when wars are introduced a medal system should also be introduced. Similar to Day of Defeat (Half life 2 mod). So if you complete achievements you would receive medals and a associated small bonus (e.g. some PP).

Example medals could be (depending on programing issues):

1. Turned the Tide    (your battle victory stops the allied attack phase of a war)

2. Victorious army     (You participated in a voctorous war)

3. Assassination                 (Killed five vet 3 Captains)

4. Tiger Killer      (Killed three vet 3 Tiger Aces)

5. For the Father Land   (Win a 3v3 as axis when your two fellow axis players die while all 3 allies remain on field)

6. Knights Cross   (Earn all axis medals)

The bonus would then be implemented at the start of the next war. And could include:

1. Initial PP bonus

2. Initial free vetted unit(s) (in terms of gaining Esperance)

3. Resource bonus (1.01*manpower)

I feel that this kind of system would benefit long-time/experienced/good players but draw the focus away from winning individual battles. To the performance on the field (killing vet 3 units) and the overall campaign. So players are encouraged to help new players and foster each others skills (I am NOT saying that the EIR community is currently unhelpful). It wopuld help avoid the temptation to stack games for bonus resources or extra PP earned if you win a battle, if advatages to winning battles was introduced. Which I believe was a problem in original EIR. It would also give people things to aim for and add a new layer to the playing experience.

Also having axis and allied or even PE/wehr/CM/US specific medals would encourage people to try all sides over times and thus change factions between wars.

What do you think?
Scyntos Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 11:52:57 pm »

Windows Live.. Coming Soon to EiR:R. That's all I'm seeing here.

I really don't think people care about dinky awards.. they're going to stack, grief, smurf no matter what system is used.. and they'll do all this while encouraging people to get better at EiR:R and to continue playing it.

I heard or read someone say something about bringing back the mentor system.. that is probably about the best thing I've heard as far as training is concerned.

Peiper71 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 12:00:04 am »

Though I know that for most experienced players most of the awards and the wars themselves just become tinsel. They are usually far more interested in their hard-stats for better or worse.

It should be remembered though that the persistant war idea is one of the selling points of this mod. Indeed it hooked me in, long before I got addicted to the playstyle of this mod. Sure, some will always care about it more than others, but I'd be sad to see it overlooked.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 12:25:19 am »

While persistency is indeed a portion of this mod I think there more pressing matter on the table, and honestly i wouldn't care about any of these. or anything similar. I'd be happy with a Stats breakdown of Unit type purchased and how many of what they killed. But i know thats also hard and there are more pressing things on the agenda. Everyone always likes seeing their units on the leaderboard so i think getting that back up and running would be cool.Again more pressing things though.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Fingertrapped
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 01:57:03 am »

Add small iron crosses to the forum profiles as well.. that will make us look good
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 01:59:19 am »

Let's just say that the Profile page has a medal box for a reason.  Tongue

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 02:10:49 am »

people play too much Steam games nowadays Achivements lifts up to their heads! TF2 ftw...? IMPOSSIBLE!

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc