Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:35:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sherman Mine Flail  (Read 12279 times)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« on: March 02, 2009, 08:53:49 am »

more ideas incoming:

i know now why brits dont have enough AT:
the 17 pounder range has been nerfed. you got to make that like old, make it like a uprade, earn it when they gain vet or make it choose between big damage or big range.

and now about this thing:

we all know its useless.. i dont like things being useless, so i just came with the idea to sort of give it his functionality back. XP and VET has a great meaning in EIR.
in vCOH when you killed a unit, it showed +10 XP above the corpse, next the bar around the 1 rose.
all we got to do, is leth the middle number show the VET of the unit you got selected right now, plus the amount XP he needs to raise to the next VET. in this way, you will be able to quickly see what vet your unit is, how much XP he gained and cant change your desicion to retreat him or not, we migt even can set the manpower points, munition point and fuel points to show the total amount XP your unit has, how much he gained this game, and how much more he needs to VET up, youll also be able to spot right away when you need to buy PP to vet2/3 your units.

id say that if the modders can get THAT to work, it would just be  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 05:45:38 am by LeoPhone » Logged
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 10:17:24 am »

something else i discovered in last game:
ive lost 2 shermans and a M8 to some teller mines. one of my shermans was even everything i had left. now you can buy crabflails for your shermam, but you never got that on, becouse your sherman is slower that way. you only use it if youre 99% sure thers a mine, IT IS JUST USELESS
give it mine detection so that when it spots a mine, you can start it up and blow it. might need to increase the price for that, but right now it doesnt do anything.

and no, you dont always got mine detector engis walking beside your sherman, and you cant evade all the mines he drops, even when youre some uber pro.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 10:45:15 am »

something else i discovered in last game:
ive lost 2 shermans and a M8 to some teller mines. one of my shermans was even everything i had left. now you can buy crabflails for your shermam, but you never got that on, becouse your sherman is slower that way. you only use it if youre 99% sure thers a mine, IT IS JUST USELESS
give it mine detection so that when it spots a mine, you can start it up and blow it. might need to increase the price for that, but right now it doesnt do anything.

and no, you dont always got mine detector engis walking beside your sherman, and you cant evade all the mines he drops, even when youre some uber pro.

The slower movement is the only downside. Should stay. There's some people that use them.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 10:58:48 am »

I think buffing the sherman speed to a extra +10% OVER the normal speed because of the obvious extra acceleration from the mineflails (as apparent in this picture) which of course pushes the vehicle past the usual constraints makes 100% perfect sense. The aerodynamic features of the crab flail is its most priced feature as a support tool.

Rotation speed of crab equipped tanks should also get a buff to encourage people to swing their crabs swiftly in case of mines to the left or the right of the tank. It will not in any way encourage people to mincemeat axis infantry like shish kebab at all. There are no problems with this, let us add mineflails on the m10 as wel! (on both sides, for twice the acceleration bonus, make it two slots costing 15 munitions each, i mean its not like its a weapon ).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:34:50 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 12:14:32 pm »

youre right smokaz, the sherman should go faster in reality, and its better too, becosue you can now attack an enemy with extra speed, and at that time the sherman is fragile to mines, but ofcourse you cant have crabflail on all the time becouse it would be rangers with constant fire up.
conclusion:
the crabflail must increase the shermans speed, be used like fire up(works for some seconds then automatic stops again). sherman must have kind of mine detection when its engaged so you can quickly drive over a mine when you see it.
prive might must go up a bit too.
finaly the crabflail will be used in a lot of ways! and that what it deserved, becouse it was such a great tool in WW2
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 12:18:46 pm »

youre right smokaz, the sherman should go faster in reality, and its better too, becosue you can now attack an enemy with extra speed, and at that time the sherman is fragile to mines, but ofcourse you cant have crabflail on all the time becouse it would be rangers with constant fire up.
conclusion:
the crabflail must increase the shermans speed, be used like fire up(works for some seconds then automatic stops again). sherman must have kind of mine detection when its engaged so you can quickly drive over a mine when you see it.
prive might must go up a bit too.
finaly the crabflail will be used in a lot of ways! and that what it deserved, becouse it was such a great tool in WW2

SmokaZ uses Sarcasm on LeoPhone.

It's supereffective!

LeoPhone dies.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 12:28:16 pm »

Hmmm, I'm total sure what to make of this..... hmmmm.

It's time like this we need someone to post a facepalm.

Pwanawan baby!
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 12:33:44 pm »

Just for you

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 12:49:54 pm »

explain this please?
EliteGrens Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 01:40:54 pm »

lol poor leo
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 02:57:37 pm »

lol, and it got stickied too....  Wink

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 02:58:10 pm »

Lol...

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Scyntos Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 03:02:13 pm »

Lmao
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 03:04:11 pm »

i lol'd...

For Leo Wink
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 03:09:34 pm by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 03:14:31 pm »

lol i really dont get it,
what smokaz said was totaly right and i argree with him, exept about the M10s ofcourse  Lips sealed

cant you explain where the hell youre talking about.
cant you just say what you think about my conclusion Huh
Scyntos Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 03:18:18 pm »

Because the Mine Flail in no way is aerodynamic or increases the speed of the Sherman. When running the Mine Flail the tank converted roughly 40% of it's horsepower to spinning that Mine Flail. It's a wonder that it's still fairly fast in CoH.

So basically Smokaz made a fool out of you.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 03:22:06 pm »

I'm curious which mod stickied it, lol...
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 03:26:55 pm »

Woops!  Thanks for catching that.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 03:49:51 pm »

lol tactical face palm. epic win!

Mod Action: What does my signature say about quoting images? -Kolath
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 04:56:56 pm by Kolath » Logged
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 03:57:44 pm »

I think buffing the sherman speed to a extra +10% OVER the normal speed because of the obvious extra acceleration from the mineflails (as apparent in this picture) which of course pushes the vehicle past the usual constraints makes 100% perfect sense. The aerodynamic features of the crab flail is its most priced feature as a support tool.

Rotation speed of crab equipped tanks should also get a buff to encourage people to swing their crabs swiftly in case of mines to the left or the right of the tank. It will not in any way encourage people to mincemeat axis infantry like shish kebab at all. There are no problems with this, let us add mineflails on the m10 as wel! (on both sides, for twice the acceleration bonus, make it two slots costing 15 munitions each, i mean its not like its a weapon ).

maybe the sherman just got an extra engine for the crabflail? maybe its just one big wheel with balls on it?
maybe that doesnt care no shit, and had the sherman a nitrox tank and will my conclusion still be very good for the game hmm?

Mod Action: What does my signature say about quoting images? -Kolath
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 04:57:46 pm by Kolath » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc