Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:11:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Idea For Assualt Grenadiers  (Read 14016 times)
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: March 06, 2009, 09:33:47 pm »

Well basically i would like to propose a change to the PE Assault Grenadier to give the PE an effective hard counter to infantry.
 While i agree that MP44s as assault weapons are quit powerful but currently they are less effective due to there relatively week unit. To utilize this weapon other axis units require high health or cloke to be effective, but due to the assault grenadier lacking either of these i would like to propose that the assault grenadier be giving an option to purches the "sprint" ability.
 This would allow players to get in an effective range with minimal casualties due to faster movement speed. I doubt this will be overpowered as the sprint ability dose not remove suppression like fire-up and should enhance the capabilities of assault grenadiers.
if this was introduced it could easily be balanced out with a price change of the ability itself, maybe even a doctrine choice that expand the purches of this ability to other PE infantry or provides it for free.

Lt Apollo

sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 09:47:05 pm »

How does sprint work atm btw? I've seen PZGs sprinting, is it a vet unlock?

But yea sprinting assault PZGs would be scary, and also differentiate them from the other assault troops.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 09:49:21 pm »

PE infantry unlock Sprint at Vet2.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 09:51:29 pm »

I doubt this will be overpowered as the sprint ability dose not remove suppression like fire-up and should enhance the capabilities of assault grenadiers.

Sprint makes you take a lot less suppression, to the point that its nearly impossible to suppress a sprinting PG.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:20:28 pm »

I doubt this will be overpowered as the sprint ability dose not remove suppression like fire-up and should enhance the capabilities of assault grenadiers.

Sprint makes you take a lot less suppression, to the point that its nearly impossible to suppress a sprinting PG.

agreed. couple that with the fact that allied hmg's suppress so much slower than the wehr hmg.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 10:36:19 pm »

you think assualt grens would be scary you should see SMG rangers with fireup! lol

with sprint you cant pop it and escape a HMG there is a huge difrence. you can though get past it if you pop befor your sepressed. as you guys are refering to.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:38:39 pm by Lt_Apollo » Logged
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 10:59:48 pm »

you think assualt grens would be scary you should see SMG rangers with fireup! lol

with sprint you cant pop it and escape a HMG there is a huge difrence. you can though get past it if you pop befor your sepressed. as you guys are refering to.

Sprint reduces suppression by half, this combined with the speed bonus there is little chance of a PG being suppressed.

Rangers are doctrine units, you should be comparing them to stormtroopers with mp44s or FSJ with FG42s, not with basic units that you can get like 8 of without paying PP.

CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 11:09:48 pm »

Actually, in a way they are "Elite" troops, just except the fact they are not doctrinal. You can only get 4 of them before paying PP like any other Elite infantry like Rangers, Commandos, Airborne and so on and so forth.
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 11:48:22 pm »

my point exactly, they should be great assualt units and sprint just adds that assualt quility, its not like i am saying it for free but rather a purchasable ability to counter the fact it is not a doctrine unit. o ya i mean you cant BREAK supression with sprint like you can with fire-up. i know i have 3 vet 2 squads.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 11:50:18 pm by Lt_Apollo » Logged
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 12:30:34 am »

If they do get sprint they will become the cheapest fire-up-esque assault unit in the game though, so yea, gotta balance the cost if sprint does become a purchasable ability.
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 12:35:03 am »

But remember misten Sprint cant brake supresion, but it can make you supresion proof. plus the duration is lower than fire-up so i personaly beleave it balances out well for the unit cost. i think the ability should be around 40- 50 MU. if it proves to be overly powerfull it should be 75 max (should not cost as mutch as an MP40)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 12:37:57 am by Lt_Apollo » Logged
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 12:40:23 am »

75 mun way too expensive for a sprint heh. If it does get a cost, somehow I think a manpower cost will be better versus munitions, else the assault PZG becomes more expensive munitions wise.
Spin Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 01:02:35 am »

Assault Grenadiers are okay i think.  You have the option of getting 4 which makes them more survivable and Fallshimjager  are really the only true anti infantry.  They're still better than any CW infantry (but commandos which are doctrine specific) and you're meant to use assault grenadiers in pairs really.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 01:43:45 am »

but you are still talking about a unit every PE side can get, not one side like airborne or rangers. The reason why allies need fire-up is because the wehr hmg suppresses so quickly. I can't tell u how many times i've seen units run into my hmgs line of fire, get fired at and then be able to get out but if i do the same, most of the time i get suppressed, this is why the allies get fire-up.

Plus, spring in vcoh is an ability that you dont get until you buy what, 6 other abilities? so having it as a vet 2 ability isn't a bad thing, you're still basically buying it .
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 03:19:04 am »

Sprint at vet 2 is great, but it should be looked at as an additional veterancy thing so that vet 2 still gives comparably good bonuses to the PG infantry on top of sprint. Tying it to veterancy was one of the best solutions for PE abilities in EIR.

Back in vcoh you would put defensive veterancy on your mp44s and offensive on your g43s. The EIRR veterancy should reflect this, as they are used in the same way here. Mp44 veterancy needs to be defensive in nature as buffing their accuracy is pointless at the range they are the most effecient. They have a 90% accuracy at short range if I dont remember wrong.

Accuracy needs to be removed from assault grenadiers vet 2 as they dont need it. Give them something else tied to survavibility.

In my view PE inf veterancy should be like geared like this:

Pgs (unupgraded and g43) - Accuracy/Repair/RoF/health
Mp44s - Health, received accuracy (general), received supression, received accuracy (charging)
Fallschirms - received fire (in cover), accuracy, range (this is cool)
Tank busters - RoF, accuracy, received accuracy

Currently its a bit bland how a lot of infantry just gain more health at vet 3.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BigDick
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 04:34:49 am »

Sprint reduces suppression by half, this combined with the speed bonus there is little chance of a PG being suppressed.

Rangers are doctrine units, you should be comparing them to stormtroopers with mp44s or FSJ with FG42s, not with basic units that you can get like 8 of without paying PP.

give fallschirmjäger fireup because they are a doctrine unit too

true i mowed down 2 fallschirmjägersquads with one thomson ranger squad yesterday

and i even had not to use fireup for that

seriously all PE infantry is weak
weak in men per squad, weak in health, weak in resistance against fire or nades and thats why they suck

they have good upgrades (mp44, fg42, panzerschreck, g43...) comming on the most crappiest platform (called PE infantry) in the game
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 04:45:44 am by BigDick » Logged
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 08:59:48 am »

you see my point big, the assualt grens need somthing to turn them into a effective offensive unit becuse there health is so low. we only get 4 anyway and they are in no way a comparison to the undoctinal KCH (the best AI unit in the games, besides a HMG). realy having sprint as a vet 2 unlock dosnt work when so few PE units can survive to reach vet 2....

o ya i totaly agree with smokaz's vetrancy idea.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 09:01:54 am by Lt_Apollo » Logged
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 09:15:09 am »

give fallschirmjäger fireup because they are a doctrine unit too

true i mowed down 2 fallschirmjägersquads with one thomson ranger squad yesterday

and i even had not to use fireup for that

seriously all PE infantry is weak
weak in men per squad, weak in health, weak in resistance against fire or nades and thats why they suck

they have good upgrades (mp44, fg42, panzerschreck, g43...) comming on the most crappiest platform (called PE infantry) in the game

did thoses falls have FG42? that last few times i have seen them with my tommy gun rangers they have done very well..

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 10:07:13 am »

i personally dont use assault grens because if u charge into bren or riflenade tommies they die like flies. i use falls but u really have to watch out that they are in green cover..or they also die like flies

lt_apollo is right, PE needs to have something like a blob counter..in this case the assault grens

Mysthalin_Axis Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 10:27:02 am »

PE need an armor type change on their infantry, and some extra health per man, IMO.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc