Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 03:44:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Idea For Assualt Grenadiers  (Read 14007 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2009, 01:06:46 am »

The point is, they do not need sprint.

You just aren't doing it right, either by avoiding enemy fire as best as possible, or by using some other unit to soak up the damage.

Even Rangers lose if they run across open ground at LMG Grens...

MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2009, 01:11:50 am »

G43's in heavy cover rape HMG's, use the IHT to get to the cover then attack.

You can't hold ground as PE. You can attack and then attack some more. That is what PE are all about. With many IHT's you can overcome MG's and HMG's. Calliopes on the other hand hurt Sad

Although I find it...bad that Wehrmacht can get the IHT as it is so characteristic of the PE it just seems wrong to give other factions equipment which so closely mimics other factions.....

Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2009, 01:20:42 am »

i know how to use my men... stating that i dont is kinda insulting. i know you dont need the sprint AmPm but it would be a NICE upgrade to incress the UNITs preformance. NOT fix noobish mistakes AS IT CAN NOT.

DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2009, 01:30:35 am »

Well and then there is that whole group zeal thing that I hope comes out in a doctrine choice.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2009, 01:31:10 am »

I'm sorry, I am assuming that if you already know how to use your PE to its fullest then your w/l ratio would be in the positive, or at least 50/50.

My men fight from IHTs, and when the IHTs die they fight on foot.
BigDick
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2009, 04:34:06 am »

I'm sorry, I am assuming that if you already know how to use your PE to its fullest then your w/l ratio would be in the positive, or at least 50/50.

that only works as long as there are no at guns on the field...

otherwise they will fight from foot only  Cheesy
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2009, 04:56:11 am »

that only works as long as there are no at guns on the field...

otherwise they will fight from foot only  Cheesy

Indeed lol.
I like fighting against pe, each side pushes the other one in constant waves of attacking. Untill theyre pushed back for good.
Getting a mortar halftrack means nothing rather than you have to push to kill it.
Dont assume your enemy will stay stationary so you can use halftracks to full effect.
I think its reinforcements that change the game for them.
Stormies and p4, mg42, pak38, sniper are a necessity.

I like my pe company but its just that what you said it is fragile. Getting ground means nothing for them, as they can be pushed back with the blink of an eye.
In a game where locking down territory and consolidating forces, pe struggle. But still i refuse to see that their own role is of guerrilas, hit hard - fall back.
It doesnt work, not against good players. And not without a wehrmacht teamate to watch your back.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2009, 07:32:17 am »

PE has a few soft spots that could use tweaking, but in generally they are nice to play. It definitely takes a different mental approach to it. Having a wehr ally goes a long way to holding ground but alot of PE counters are counters in the extreme which makes them near useless on other things. the P4 IST for example, or the Marder(granted even it blows on other tanks) I think we're going to see totally different styles of play when doctrines are introduced, or when they change the Platoon sizes from 8 min to 25 maximum. Isn't PE slated to get an unlock that allows 6-25? because thats a huge bonus to versatility

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2009, 07:47:24 am »

The infantry halftrack helps the mp44s alot yes, but another problem with assault grenadiers compared to retail is that people were almost exclusively giving assault grenadiers defensive vet in retail something which EIR has broken up by giving them a mix. Basically a basic PE flexibility thing was taken away from them. If people want assault grenaders to be as powerful in EIR as they are in retail (instead of significantly weaker) they need to be given defensively orientated veterancy.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2009, 08:28:43 am »

And access to group zeal, by far the most important upgrade at improving their combat performace(next to the extra man, as in EiR the man is a purchase not global) I think alot of PE's infantry problems stem from not having access things like selectable veterancy, group zeal, and veteran sergeants. not that vet sgts. is really a required thing but ti certainly made life easier into the late stage PE game. maybe it could be a doctrine thing in EiR?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2009, 09:20:02 am »

It'll be in the game either through doctrines or advantages.
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2009, 09:43:27 am »

I think we're going to see totally different styles of play when doctrines are introduced, or when they change the Platoon sizes from 8 min to 25 maximum. Isn't PE slated to get an unlock that allows 6-25? because thats a huge bonus to versatility

At the moment, there is no minimum pop cap. You can call in a 1 pop kettenkrad by itself if you so desire.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2009, 09:48:24 am »

Why would they change that? A min pop cap is not necessary, all you need to do is let people know that it comes with a time penalty. I see no reason to reintroduce it.

Pwanawan baby!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2009, 10:47:20 am »

I think we're going to see totally different styles of play when doctrines are introduced, or when they change the Platoon sizes from 8 min to 25 maximum. Isn't PE slated to get an unlock that allows 6-25? because thats a huge bonus to versatility

At the moment, there is no minimum pop cap. You can call in a 1 pop kettenkrad by itself if you so desire.

This opened up a whole new metagame for R+ mode, players just starting with a jeep or motorcycle to find out what their opponent is bringing, then bringing in the perfect counter. Smiley

That being said, I very much doubt it will be reintroduced, there's no reason to. The time penalty makes 8 - 12 pop platoons still very much desirable.
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2009, 01:01:31 pm »

LOL this thread has gotten so of topic.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2009, 04:20:22 pm »

PE has a few soft spots that could use tweaking, but in generally they are nice to play. It definitely takes a different mental approach to it. Having a wehr ally goes a long way to holding ground but alot of PE counters are counters in the extreme which makes them near useless on other things. the P4 IST for example, or the Marder(granted even it blows on other tanks) I think we're going to see totally different styles of play when doctrines are introduced, or when they change the Platoon sizes from 8 min to 25 maximum. Isn't PE slated to get an unlock that allows 6-25? because thats a huge bonus to versatility

Realize that those unlocks were all created a while ago.  Expect them to be changed.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2009, 04:49:58 pm »

I expect them to change. Do you guys think you'll have any things to post related to new changes/proposals anytime soon?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2009, 05:18:22 pm »

Schultz: Their role is not Guerrilla fighting, you aren't striking at their support or logistics, thats more of a Stormie role.

PE are more like Cavalry, good at offense, fast moving, able to strike and move. Poor at holding ground. They work fine in EIRR as long as you remember that you are ALWAYS attacking.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc