Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:36:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fight to last men and tank  (Read 9268 times)
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: March 07, 2009, 02:04:58 pm »

As in name of topic
Allies
Doniedark
Hydroeir
Fr3k
Axis
Shmorkaandborka (smokaz)
EliteGrenadier
Paul1988

So what's in replay
-avre
-vet 3 nebel down
-axis mass AT
-brave sappers fighting with infantry
-lucky sniper
-kamikadze tiger
And more in replay, map Dawn

Replay link
http://www.speedyshare.com/150650193.html
Battle sga
http://www.speedyshare.com/169187749.html
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 02:44:53 pm »

Was a good game, would have won it if Smokaz didn't throw so many units away.
btw the nebel survived, don't think it was even in trouble at any given moment :p
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 02:46:56 pm by EliteGren » Logged

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 01:58:26 am »

Crap game, no support from teammates who wanted to sit back and be worn out by the artillery.. both paul and elitegrenadier played a way too defensive game and when I asked them for support they were slow and unresponsive, leaving my units in bad positions

btw I hope they nerf the calliope, what a noob unit. I "love" how it takes 4+ hits from a tiger when most other arty pieces go down in 2-3 shrek/zook booms or the hummel which is way slower is crippled by 3 tetrarch hits. You guys didnt even protect your arty pieces for most of the game, why bother when the calli can just limp away at its own leisure. Not even a single MG close to the howitzer, no need for storms you can just walk in there.. and if one arty piece gets chased off or destroyed you just replaced it

The calliope is way too forgiving.. if it gets caught in the open it should fucking die like the other arty units. The whole game made me puke, kthxbai

Also how you can argue that it was a GG when you guys had tons of shit left including a full health pershing + calliope..how utterly boring and unimaginative of you. I know you are good people but this was just lame as fuck, a painful game and replay

Im hungover and in a foul mood, i hope a piano drops on your head hydro
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 02:13:58 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BigDick
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 04:19:07 am »

Crap game, no support from teammates who wanted to sit back and be worn out by the artillery..

It was a game on dawn (arty noobs and blobs heaven) with two calliope included and with howi
what do you expect? they can shoot from their spawn

both paul and elitegrenadier played a way too defensive game and when I asked them for support they were slow and unresponsive, leaving my units in bad positions

as i saw it you suicided units
there were many save retreat areas where you could regroup and make a push with less casualties

btw I hope they nerf the calliope, what a noob unit. I "love" how it takes 4+ hits from a tiger when most other arty pieces go down in 2-3 shrek/zook booms or the hummel which is way slower is crippled by 3 tetrarch hits. You guys didnt even protect your arty pieces for most of the game, why bother when the calli can just limp away at its own leisure. Not even a single MG close to the howitzer, no need for storms you can just walk in there.. and if one arty piece gets chased off or destroyed you just replaced it

The calliope is way too forgiving.. if it gets caught in the open it should fucking die like the other arty units. The whole game made me puke, kthxbai

that is what i said often
the calliope is cheap in popcap, is fast with a great acceleration, has by far the best arty armor in the game, has a good range, with devastating effectiveness

it depends on the map but on maps like dawn everyone can kick your ass with a calliope

Also how you can argue that it was a GG when you guys had tons of shit left including a full health pershing + calliope..how utterly boring and unimaginative of you. I know you are good people but this was just lame as fuck, a painful game and replay

they killed the axis teams units with arty arty arty and especially your suicide units
that is why they had so much left

it is like bombing them until they make an attack move to easily rape their heavy armor

the best you could do was using your nebels to annoy them as well to throw away their units
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 05:11:49 am »

Crap game, no support from teammates who wanted to sit back and be worn out by the artillery.. both paul and elitegrenadier played a way too defensive game and when I asked them for support they were slow and unresponsive, leaving my units in bad positions

Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 05:16:26 am »

Oh no, piano strike incoming!
Even with our calliope you had chance to win, but of course you don'r remember game, when you had double nebel, stukas and hummel with big amount of paks
Calliope>defense
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 05:20:30 am »

Calliope = useless if you keep and eye on it to see where is going to fire, I´ve fought against vet 3 callies more than once... and that´s the only way.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 05:36:22 am »

Theres a huge difference between having a nebel and a calliope. In fact if you think the nebel is as good as the calliope you should go see a doctor, something is wrong with you.

The calliope makes all the other artillery look like a joke. Getting enough firepower to 1 shot it behind the allied lines is basically impossible against good players. And even when you do have enough to 1 shot it, some of the shots may miss and it might get away or be forced to retreat.

At this point the whole allied army is aware of your strike team, and its retreat or die. A single ranger squad however can take out a hummel with no chance of the hummel getting away, and the allied side has a multitude of drops behind enemy lines that easily can take out annoying axis arty. Just some examples:

Airborne
Tetrarch
Rangers in a halftrack (80 munitions for zooks)
105 howitzers (fucking nails a nebel in one shot)
Allied arty generally counters axis arty better than the other way around

All these options are fucking easymode compared to sneaking a storm squad through the entire allied army just to see the Calli take two rear shots and run away. Or dropping a ton of fausted schirms around it and hoping it has no support.

I have no problems with any other artillery in the game, I know and appreciate using arty when I play allies ingame. But the calliope is so far from being balanced that I just can't say GG to anyone using it. All the other artillery pieces have drawbacks but not the calliope.

Nebel - little damage, short range, very fragile
105s, howitzers - lots of damage, long range, medium fragile, IMMOBILE
Hummel - tons of damage, very slow, fragile
Priest - lots of damage, slow, fragile, 50 cal that supresses inf on top of it (it actually does!)
Stuka - little damage, fast, can take some punches

Calliope: Tons of damage, fast, can take a beating, smoke, medium range

If you look at this list you might note the same as me, that the Calliope has no fragility, downside or lack of mobility like the other arty has.

So somehow it needs to have less health or speed and its smoke ability fixed. That way you get one free out of jail card and can choose to retreat your calli. Why do the british 25 pounder have so little health or the priest when they are a lot less mobile than the calli? The fucking calliope needs to be put in line with the other artillery in the game.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 06:19:02 am by Smokaz » Logged
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 05:53:58 am »

without allied arty which these guys had too much off they would have lost hard end of story.
VariantThirteen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 07:10:21 am »

Yes, the Cally is really retarded, and yes, we've all known for fucking ever. The concept of Arty on a tank chassis is pretty much unbalancable as far as I'm concerned, unless they're prepared to make it have far less hp than any other tank.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 09:38:34 am »

Epic vet 3 nebelwerfer

Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 10:30:42 am »

calliope damage is only really effective against infantry, however, and stukas/nebels can do a comparable amount of damage to allied infantry caught in the open. that and they don't have the retarded angle of fire thing meaning that shots can be intercepted by intervening terrain, which always helps.

also, the calliope is fucking expensive compared to stuka/nebel - it's 600mp,450fu,10pop compared to 280 MP, 220 F, 8 pop stuka. that's considerably more than a priest, (not to mention the hefty PP investment). so for that, you would expect a decent unit.

if they had a calliope and a pershing, i can't imagine they had much else on the field (and tbh, the pershing is a waste of money and pop, much better off with a couple of shermans)

*ducks from inevitable bum rush*
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 10:36:52 am »

calliope damage is only really effective against infantry, however, and stukas/nebels can do a comparable amount of damage to allied infantry caught in the open. that and they don't have the retarded angle of fire thing meaning that shots can be intercepted by intervening terrain, which always helps.

also, the calliope is fucking expensive compared to stuka/nebel - it's 600mp,450fu,10pop compared to 280 MP, 220 F, 8 pop stuka. that's considerably more than a priest, (not to mention the hefty PP investment). so for that, you would expect a decent unit.

if they had a calliope and a pershing, i can't imagine they had much else on the field (and tbh, the pershing is a waste of money and pop, much better off with a couple of shermans)

*ducks from inevitable bum rush*

Now, with PE here, the calliope has more power.

There is hardly a vehicle the PE have that survives a well placed Calliope barrage.

Against Smokaz and Misten, my calliope killed 2 ATHT's, 2 Mortar HT's, 2 P4's, 2 Pak38's and a bunch of infantry. The vehicle is so powerful it's just not funny, it really isn't.

Nebels and stukkas don't even compare unless you blob. Check out the damage rate on stukkas versus infantry Tongue it's actually rated stronger versus tanks.....
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 10:40:08 am by MannfredvonRitter » Logged

Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 11:16:37 am »

I don't know I somehow think that calliope takes up for the Tiger Ace...
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 11:47:39 am »

Against Smokaz and Misten, my calliope killed 2 ATHT's, 2 Mortar HT's, 2 P4's, 2 Pak38's and a bunch of infantry. The vehicle is so powerful it's just not funny, it really isn't.
Stop playing noobs who can’t dodge Calis… Hmmm no wait…

The price is high enough on the Cali but it need to have its pop increased to at least 12 preferably 14.   
Igawa Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 11:55:30 am »

The price is high enough on the Cali but it need to have its pop increased to at least 12 preferably 14.   

My thoughts exactly Pauli....I always wondered why the calliope was 9 pop yet sooooo much more useful than any tank or self-propelled arty....Priest at 11 pop and hummel at 10. 9 is the same as a howie. And Calli >>>>>>> Howie
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 12:06:52 pm »

And why stug is 8 pop?
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 12:08:02 pm »

What has that got to do with the best on map artillery's pop cap Budz?

Pwanawan baby!
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 12:13:26 pm »

And why stug is 8 pop?
because a tetrarch can 5 shot it with the upgun.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 12:15:12 pm »

I don't know but it had to be said.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc