Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:34:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger Ace FTL  (Read 11324 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: March 11, 2009, 03:27:50 pm »

Tiger ace.

What? 900 manpower? 700 fuel?

Gets less kills than a scout car.

If you cant use a tiger ace, if you are not willing to commit to a single attack.. You should get a p4 or a stuh.. at least then you wont lose sleep over the prospect of losing your "super unit".

I love pauli hes my bro, but just look at this.

Attachment: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=489091

All you tiger lovers out there.. remember who also loved tigers

Poem

He refused to fight
without line of sight
But the tiger's safe
so he sleeps sound at night

RIP vet 2 hetzer who died for the fatherland while the tiger ace slipped away back to mommy
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 03:29:27 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 03:29:40 pm »

Rofl.

Ya, I see a lot of people suffering from the 'zOMG I can't risk losing my tiger ace' syndrome which means that usually my P4 gets far more kills than that monster tank.
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 03:32:20 pm »

No matter what kind of unit it is... It's only as good as the player using it.
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 03:33:57 pm »

He refused to fight
without line of sight
But the tiger's safe
so he sleeps sound at night
Cookie^2 and milk for creativity.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 03:46:00 pm »

once i played with killer344 his tiger ace had  3 inf kills after the game and my had about 40 inf kills
he said "i could beat 3 of these newbs alone..."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:41:13 pm by aloha622 » Logged

BigDick
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 04:46:10 pm »

heavy tanks like tiger ace is some kind of a matter apart

you cannot loose every game a tiger ace because its 4pp and it is primary target of your opponents

i saw many tiger aces buttoned and raped, especially with vet on it

but generally vet (more then vet1) and PP units like tiger ace makes you loosing games
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 05:16:13 pm »

If you DAMN tiger lovers cant shoot a couple of crappy tommies without line of sight from 2 screens away, get a fucking bike in your company or snipers or storms or SOMETHING to spot for it.. or be a man send it in there early game when there is not so many AT or tank disabling units and rape what you can then retreat it.. looking at so many noobs saving this piece of shit unit to the last minutes and then running off the field just makes me SAD PANDA. I should start a damn tiger ace company just to show you scrubs how to USE and how to LOSE it with style, allowing you to win _games_.

You can field two p4s for the price of a tiger ace and they are infinitely better at supporting your other units and dont cause such a damn stress when they are under attack.. 1 firefly will kill all axis tanks unless you can get close to it anyways, a relief for british players because all their other at has huge disadvantages if fought properly.

To make a Ace pay for its fuel you need to down about 2 fireflies or 30 rifle guys for its manpower.. and thats just to break even. Also the tiger boys LOVE to get a repair bunker and a couple of pio squads up.. Its just hilarious to see that they are putting 21 pop (pio and repair bunker + ace) into a tank which a single rifle squad with a sticky and a 57 MM (9 pop) can just stop from doing anything, specially with vet when the poor noob behind the wheel bites his off his own tongue when it takes a piat hit.

Elitegren used to love the ace too, we had several talks about it were I was arguing how terrible it was against people who knew how to scare off tanks.. after a while he dropped it from his company and guess what, he was surprised how much better his company turned out, how many more supporting tanks, pumas and armor he could get for the price of one big slob of a tank. Only brits have a tiny bit of problem to deal with it but Once the brits have 57mm reinforcements it becomes pointless to have the ace around, and god save you if they have both a firefly which outranges you, a 57 who outshoots you and a button squad that disables you at the same time..

Using big pop units like the panther (hello i suck at anti inf) and the tigers (except the king tiger which everyone at least understands is supposed to die) plays RIGHT into the allied hands because they can field at combinations for MUCH less pop that counters your tanks for pop allowing your infantry and support weapons to be overrun by their inf.

Stuh's, p4s, hetzers etc.. are pop effective and will allow you to field enough support for them to be useful. They also dont take shit from infantry with skirts purchased as well as the hetzer being able to hide, something the tigers do not get.  And once the tigers get disabled because they are unsupported against the more versatile allied infantry they WILL receive rear shots or close shots from piats etc.

Also before you moan more about PP costs on units, why dont you and aloha tell me how much unused PP you got in those axis companies of yours.  I bet you guys have at least 30 pps doing nothing, just like everyone else.

One thing that also annoys me as well other than tigers and their pet owners (the tigers seem to own the human, not the other way around) is how axis will get raped the next war down to  100-200 territories (with a hundred vet 3 tiger aces sitting safe in the garage) until all the good players jump fences to switch the sides because people care less about actually winning games than retaining their vet. Im going to be überhappy when REAL incentives to win games appear and people no longer can wank around repair bunkers. Its been a huge hole waiting to be filled the fact that the games themselves have no bearing on overall "happening" in the fictive world where these battles are taking place. 

I hope the previously EIR 10% xp loss on all of your units gets increased to 25% and the winners of a game gets a 10% boost in their overall xp because then people will actually play to win a game most of the time and not just hoard vet like some iron cross fanatic rubbing one out over a guy saying in bad germanglish "tiger reporting for duty"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 05:47:12 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 06:41:46 pm »

i killed 2 vet 3 aces this war...a couple of vet 2s and plenty of 1s. They are scary units...but only if you caught without AT. Otherwise most people dont use their "shock" value and just baby them to death. They are IMO the best "I WIN Button" in game in the right situations especially in 2v2s. Its a unit that needs support too but also an aggressive player that can exploit its shock and then reestablish his line.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 07:03:14 pm »

Well think about this, the TA is supposed to be such a great unit, and look at how much smokaz down plays it, then take a look at it from a US armor players side, with the pershing... pershing is about a million times worse, but at least US armor has it's all mighty calli to fall back on, you guys just have an even slower tank KT to fall back on =P

But there have been a few games where TA have done their fair share of the fighting, and kudos to the what is it? Maybe 4 or 5 players that actually use their TA to its potential.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
KittyKat Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 07:20:57 pm »

(wrong account sorry)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 07:40:34 pm »

its always kinda funny to see kt's and aces come into the game when the game is nearly lost i once played a 3v3 and 2 of the guys had an ace and the other a tiger....obviously NO communication. If they had pulled at least one of those out early, they'd have won.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 07:41:02 pm »

I lol'd.

Since PP the babying of units has climaxed to extremes, I have to admit, I find it amusing.

Especially the repair bunker 10 pio squad of repairing doom that you occasionally see.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 08:26:03 pm »

I cried so many times where the Ace would have been the cause of a decisive engagement. in the favour of axis but it never committed. It never even went below half health. I can understand not losing them but Super units are there and have High priority so that their health soaks a ton of damage and medium tanks and infantry can do something.

I also watched that damn teller mine all game waiting to seee it fuck up a tank and all i got to see die was a Half track! gay, lol

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
gamesguy1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 09:44:03 pm »

I've been saying this for a while, making win/loss matter so little, or not at all like it is right now, just means people will not care about winning and just vet whore and pp whore.

DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 11:01:07 pm »

I've been saying this for a while, making win/loss matter so little, or not at all like it is right now, just means people will not care about winning and just vet whore and pp whore.

The war is coming.  It is in the works.  You will care about winning and less about individual units.  Just have fun with this current build and try to break as much stuff as possiable to help us balance units.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 11:07:46 pm »

That was a fun game huh...tiger aces are scared of 17 pounders I heard.   

Anyways brn I know about that teller, smokaz told me after he was watching it the whole time we were playing to see if my units would fall right on it but it never happened Smiley

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 11:42:23 pm »

Played a game where a player rushed their TA into a bren squad, and a tommy squad with a schreck and Jacks AT gun, needless to say, axis this is NOT how you use a TA! We must of killed it in under 30 seconds.
AlcapwneD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 11:58:43 pm »

rofl solo a tiger ace, 2 piats 1 tet and the tiger was tammed! + button.

CompanyofNubz - Allies
TheGenerals - Axis
Alcapwned - Axis

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 12:08:15 am »

button is kinda OP...especailly against PE ht's cuz you can slow it down and dmg it at the same time
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 12:11:27 am »

button is kinda OP...especailly against PE ht's cuz you can slow it down and dmg it at the same time

just focus fire on the squad buttoning with whatever you have next to the unit, they will go down really quick. which is sometimes hard if there is a blob with 3 brens...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc