Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:20:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre v0.0.4 Changelog  (Read 28973 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2009, 01:36:26 am »

i have a problem......... my vet assualt grens still cost 120 MU but the other fresh ones are only 110...... this sucks i must wait for my 3-60 xp and 1- vet 2 assult grens to die for this change to even affect me.....  Sad

this is something to do with how the launcher works compared to how the old website version works.

We will be looking into this when we go through the backend in a release or two..

DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2009, 01:38:04 am »

when we go through the backend in a release or two...

That's what she said!

(sorry I couldn't help myself)

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Sixpack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2009, 08:02:52 am »

Smokaz is right.   Americans has two units that are better than their wehr counterparts, the calliope and the rangers.  Calliope could really use a nerf to speed and armor and the rangers perhaps a small nerf.  But if you nerf those two units literally every single other unit Americans has is worse than its wehr counterpart.

MG42> 30 cal, wehr mortar> American mortar, pak> 57mm, P4> sherman, tiger/ace> pershing, the list goes on and on.

Allied Sniper > Axis Sniper
Riflemen > Volks (matter of opinion for some)

And a properly handled 57mm is a real pain, I d take them over paks (2 of them made a realy easy victory Smiley )

We will see how the changes play out, it is still all testing. Go get a bunch of games, post replays, explain setups and say what you feel is right and wrong. The Developers ARE trying to make an enjoyable game for all of us, whatever Faction and Doctrine.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2009, 12:14:13 pm »

omg, the americans have two units that are better than wehr so we must nerf them!!!

Of course not mentioning that the wehr have SEVERAL units that have NO counter-part on the american side. then there's these units that are better than their "counter part"

gren > rifle
w mortar > a mortar
w hmg > a hmg
pio > engie (pios can build bunkers and have 35 more health)
panter > m10 (both tank destroyers)
tiger > pershing
king tiger > pershing

i dont think i need to go on, but juts say.....

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 12:17:12 pm by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
perfil02 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2009, 12:28:35 pm »

panther is a tank, not a tank destroyer.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2009, 12:40:20 pm »

it is a tank destroyer, not in a sense of having no turret, but it's specialty is destroying tanks, thats why it's a tank destroyer, same as the m10
BigDick
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2009, 12:55:44 pm »

it is a tank destroyer, not in a sense of having no turret, but it's specialty is destroying tanks, thats why it's a tank destroyer, same as the m10

a tank destroyer has some weakness like almost no armor (M10, nashorn, marder...) to have maximum firepower on a chassis

a panther is a medium-heavy battle tank and would rape infantry more then a sherman when it would be some kind of realistic...

and it is a joke that you compare units with more than doubled price differences
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2009, 02:01:46 pm »

it doesn't matter. So it's a heavy tank destroyer. The Elefant is classified as a tank destroy and it's bigger than a panther, bigger than a Tiger I and as big as a Tiger II (King Tiger)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elefant

A tank destroyer is a tank or vehicle that speciaizes in destroying tanks.

I assure you, IRL the Wolverine would be great at taking out infantry as well, but this is a game and in CoH, the m10 and panther both specialize in taking out tanks but are so-so/bad at taking out infantry. You can also classifiy the Mauder as a tank destroyer, and the firefly.

price means nothing. When you want to talk out a tank in eir, as ameircans you use either the at gun or m10, not a sherman unless you have the upgun.

and as wehr, you bring out a panther or use ur pak, so they have the same use, even if one is 3 times better at it.
BigDick
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2009, 02:30:52 pm »

it doesn't matter. So it's a heavy tank destroyer. The Elefant is classified as a tank destroy and it's bigger than a panther, bigger than a Tiger I and as big as a Tiger II (King Tiger)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elefant

A tank destroyer is a tank or vehicle that speciaizes in destroying tanks.

show me the elephant of COH? you talked about the panther and a panther is a "Kampfpanzer" (battle tank) and no tankhunter

http://www.panzerlexikon.de/

you compared the m10 with a panther

that is rediculess

next time i say rangers >> pioneers

I assure you, IRL the Wolverine would be great at taking out infantry as well

the M10 wasnt even able to scratch the front armour of a TigerI, panther... (all german medium and heavy tanks)

" reichte die Durchschlagsleistung der Kanone nicht aus um die Front eines Panther oder Tiger zu durchbohren."

he was not able to penetrate tiger/panther frontal armor

and to penetrate other battle tanks armor (panzerIV H) it was send onto a suicide rush with his paper armor while the tankcrew was praying that almost every german tank do not one shot it over long distance
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2009, 02:45:53 pm »

http://www.easternfront.org/uploads/mrscruff/elephant07.jpg

It looks like a bloated marder with decent armor.. I like

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Smithy17 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2009, 02:52:47 pm »

you talked about the panther and a panther is a "Kampfpanzer" (battle tank) and no tankhunter
In eir the panther is used to destroy tanks and is ineffective against infantry, that is why he is calling it a tank destroyer.

Why? Do you use your pioneers as assault troops and light anti tank? Or maybe you use rangers to repair and build.

the M10 wasnt even able to scratch the front armour of a TigerI, panther... (all german medium and heavy tanks)
Note that he was talking about infantry not armour. Anyway what you just said reinforces his point that real life has nothing to do with it - in the context of eir both the m10 and the panther are used to kill tanks and aren't much good against infantry (which is what p4s and shermans are generally for).
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2009, 02:54:17 pm »

^^^ thank you smithy.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2009, 03:19:55 pm »

Flamethrower Pio < Ranger

WTF!! They are both assault units, and neither comes with AT by default. In fact, Pio AT (Goliath) costs the same as 2 zooks! And its not even multiple use!! Rangers also get fireup and elite armor!! RANGERS ARE OP BECAUSE THEY ASSAULT AND TAKE OUT VEHICLES BETTER!!!

And that is my impression of an Axis Tym.

On a more serious note, why should schreks be increased in price before testing them without that minor little bug that they had? You know the one I am talking about.

And why punish people for putting 2 in a squad? All it does is mean they start dropping schreks sooner.

MILCH Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2009, 03:42:19 pm »

Flamethrower Pio < Ranger

WTF!! They are both assault units, and neither comes with AT by default. In fact, Pio AT (Goliath) costs the same as 2 zooks! And its not even multiple use!! Rangers also get fireup and elite armor!! RANGERS ARE OP BECAUSE THEY ASSAULT AND TAKE OUT VEHICLES BETTER!!!

And that is my impression of an Axis Tym.

On a more serious note, why should schreks be increased in price before testing them without that minor little bug that they had? You know the one I am talking about.

And why punish people for putting 2 in a squad? All it does is mean they start dropping schreks sooner.

yes, and even when u have to retreat this 2 schreck squad, 220 ehh 250 mun is gone, simply gone!
BigDick
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2009, 03:46:54 pm »

In eir the panther is used to destroy tanks and is ineffective against infantry, that is why he is calling it a tank destroyer.

ok when we use EiR why the hell he compare a 590 fuel tank to a 170fuel tank? why shouldnt be a 590 fuel tank better then a 170fuel tank?

when he should compare at least 3xM10 = 510 Fuel to a Panther 590 fuel
and then we can ask again whats better 3xm10 or 1 panther

btw: i took out a tiger with an M10 yesterday (both full health+tiger got repaired by 2 pios) and now? M10 > tiger?

Why? Do you use your pioneers as assault troops and light anti tank? Or maybe you use rangers to repair and build.

actually Pios are equiped with mp40...
and what is an mp40? right an assault weapon

Note that he was talking about infantry not armour.

yeah...

M10
"Er besaß außerdem kein MG und war somit eventuellen Infanterieangriffen schutzlos ausgeliefert"

he had no mg and was fucked against infantry attacks

Panther
"
3 MG (Turm, Bug, Fla) 7,92 mm
1 MP 9 mm"

Anyway what you just said reinforces his point that real life has nothing to do with it - in the context of eir both the m10 and the panther are used to kill tanks and aren't much good against infantry (which is what p4s and shermans are generally for).

and the panther is like the m10 170 fuel? did you play a different game?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2009, 04:04:54 pm »

btw: i took out a tiger with an M10 yesterday (both full health+tiger got repaired by 2 pios) and now? M10 > tiger?

No, the tiger´s crew was retarded, it happens very often.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2009, 05:40:52 pm »

Enlighten us please.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2009, 05:44:08 pm »

Minor bug has been fixed and tested in house

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2009, 05:49:42 pm »

Allied Sniper > Axis Sniper
Riflemen > Volks (matter of opinion for some)

And a properly handled 57mm is a real pain, I d take them over paks (2 of them made a realy easy victory Smiley )

Riflemen vs. Volks is fairly equal. Riflemen get the short range, Volks get the long range...it really depends on positioning. The equation reverses with the relative upgrades (Rifles get long range, Volks get short range).

Technically, the Axis Sniper is better than the Allied one; the Axis Sniper's gun fires somewhat faster to compensate for larger squad sizes. However, the Allied sniper gets to work against lower-manpower units like Panzergrenadiers and Grenadiers. But, then again, against weapon crews, the Axis sniper will take them out faster because all weapon crews are three-man squads. And it's not as if the British have low-MP units (or, in fact, a reliable sniper-detection unit). But the same can be said about the Panzer Elite.

The Pak is better in every way than the 57mm. Period.

God help whoever you were playing against, and I'm an athiest.

And what was this bug, anyways?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2009, 06:15:33 pm »

Minor bug has been fixed and tested in house

ahm curious, what bug /
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc