Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 05:27:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback [Where has it gone?]  (Read 5221 times)
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« on: March 19, 2009, 06:22:50 am »

Ok, the topic says it all

I rarely see any posting about feedback, The post "Venue" was greate it map the map much better,  but we need more of those

I think the community should get a grip and somehow make posting feedback better.
I cant balance the map my self.

Rewards? PP?
I don't know what you guys have to do but you can't ignore this much longer.
Unk0wn may Relax on Hawaii but I am not done and i need feedback on the maps.
Even if it: "its great" because then i can make it final.

The modification is not better than the maps its been played on.
It feels like the mapping part has just been forgotten how important it is.

Remember the first days of eir with no maps?!
And Remember how much the maps improved the game...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 06:36:56 am by Duckordie » Logged

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 06:30:46 am »

Ok, the tropic says it all
lol... and then:
Unk0wn may Relax on Hawaii but I am not done and i need feedback on the maps.

Ok, now seriously:
people can't give feedback if they don't know what specifically is problematic. We just need a better mapping community with mappers helping mappers and we, the mappers, also do the balance. I figure if OMG and EiR both moved their mapping to Gamereplays things would be better.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 06:34:57 am »

The problem with feedback, is people generally don't have time to give any. Might I suggest in the future; watch replays that are on your map and see where people go, where they don't go; if units get stuck ect and try to fix the problems you see.

While player feedback is great; generally it's laced with biased and other nonsense. If you watch people play your map; it should give you a better understand of where it should be fixed.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 06:40:59 am »

I do underatand that, but I cant read their minds

If vent:

"Ooooh!! The fucking hedge!! my tank just get stuck in it"

While in replay i see a stuart trying to crush a 20feet tall hedge and go: "lol what a noob"

I need their minds, whats makes them have a problem
Its those "oooh I hate that...." that I whana change

Ex: I hate rtc due if you start in bottom, and its R+ you NEVER gona be first to get in town..

While in that replay of Rtc i just see 4 people fighting, you might see and go "oooh i found a bug, theres a dead tree, I remove that"
But that wont change the balance
BigDick
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 10:03:12 am »

i actually agree, the maps are very important to EiRR and give a big additional value to that mod

we have so many nice maps in EiRR now and maybe some maps could need some changes but the mappers need input for that

i actually like the most of the new maps ghost town is a lovely map or viking grave too

so maybe after a game everyone should post in a map thread what was wrong and the mapper has to filter out the complains
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 10:37:45 am »

Duck - Venue is almost perfect now. If you make a new thread in the mapping forum about which of your maps that still need feedback I will make sure at least me and some other people will go there and make some comments.

Also - a smart way to get some comments could be like, its monday and you are working one some map, so you put "working on venue, pm me for input if you want" in your ventrilo comment field.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 12:17:46 pm »

i apologize duck, I love your maps and from now on ill take the time out to post my opinions on your map, I think to most people it's simply "more important" to argue over how OP or UP units are then to talk about what the love or hate about maps. Hopefully this thread will bring the importance of feedback for mappers to peoples attention.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 12:38:11 pm »

Lack of feedback + continuous playing of your map = good map.

People just can't be bothered to give feedback most of the time. You got to face the facts. I was a mapper so I know how it feels not to have feedback on the map hence I passed you some feedback for your 'Venue' map.

If you want more insightful feedback, perhaps you can share with the players your map concept... why you designed the map in that manner so people will give relevant feedback and not "oh rivers are boring, they slow down movement" etc etc etc.

Map balance decisions should lie with the mapper, not the players. I can only say that I have taken some really bad feedback for my map previously which I should have ignored.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 01:13:45 pm »

Speaking of which.. I'd like Engagement to be put in the launcher. I think it would do really well in EiRR.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc