Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2024, 01:38:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [All] Mortar Comparisons  (Read 9694 times)
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 02:01:51 pm »

yes, less mp on american motar please, thanks. Smiley

no NOT less cost on allied arty units, they have enough, srsly.
when doctrines come out, the spamming will begin again -.-

again a rediculous post mgallun..."hey devs, change this and this and this (ally) unit, thank youu!  (no personal attack, lol)
and they change it  Shocked

lol.. go fly a kite dude.

ok, there are 3 differences between us. no 4

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 02:04:22 pm »

yes, less mp on american motar please, thanks. Smiley

no NOT less cost on allied arty units, they have enough, srsly.
when doctrines come out, the spamming will begin again -.-

again a rediculous post mgallun..."hey devs, change this and this and this (ally) unit, thank youu!  (no personal attack, lol)
and they change it  Shocked

lol.. go fly a kite dude.

ok, there are 3 differences between us. no 4

what?

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 06:41:45 am »

Stop trolling.... :p.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 07:32:34 am »

Brit mortar needs to be vulnerable to counter mortar, atm it's immune. There is no way to counter it, short of a shreck rush.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 08:58:41 am »

wehr mortar was uncounterable before this, short of a calliope or a crocodile bumrush, as well. Wink

narref Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 09:10:06 am »

Brit mortar has +range +resistance +damage and +rate of fire.
but wher mortar has ... well..  + price    Roll Eyes
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 09:14:36 am »

the brits are OP right now, with their emplacements and UberPiats(revertz pl0x), but it's really rather funny it's mostly wehrmacht complaining about the brits, when all they did was the exact same what the brits are doing right now.

"Self-healing support weapons that only need a little bit of time to heal! OP!"

Thought it was called "vet 1" for axis?
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 09:24:28 am »

Stop trolling.... :p.

who? me?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 09:50:57 am »

you and aloha, stop smoking that crap lol...

The difference is that the Wher relies on support teams mostly to win... allies use them just to support their infantry.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2009, 12:11:17 pm »

you and aloha, stop smoking that crap lol...

The difference is that the Wher relies on support teams mostly to win... allies use them just to support their infantry.

nooooooooooo its fun!
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2009, 12:14:58 pm »

What the mortar pit change did, was remove the wehr's domination in a stalemate that did not involve heavy arty(mostly in an early-game situation).

Naturally, wehr players are extremely unhappy with it.

Mortar emp needs to take more damage, tho ^^.

this is definitely one of the things we are looking at.

EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2009, 03:31:01 pm »

Well yeah, wehr use support to win but wehr support weapons don't compare. Mortar pit outranges and out survives all other mortars. All other support weapons insta rebuild and thus have near unlimited life, close range incindary barrage should kill it, as should a direct nebel hit like with any support weapon platform.

I think it's unfair to compare simply say, wehr mortar to american or brit to mortar HT. Wehr rely mostly upon the mortar to counter American support weapons/HMG's. Americans have many heavy artillery options and also have fireup on a few units, which combined with grenades will defeat a HMG. The only Wehrmacht unit which can do the same by itself would be storm troopers and there is quite a chance the bundle nade fails and they get cut down, higher than a nukeapple anyways.

Mortar HT is mobile and has no setup time so one can't expect it to have the same range/utility, that's stupid, but with that said, it should be able to counter the mortar pit, at least if you pay the price and get incindiary rounds, whose sole purpose is to destroy buildings or burn units out of buildings.

Ultimately, the fair thing is so that under average conditions, the mortar pit is able to be moved to avoid counter mortar fire as effectively as the wehr/american mortar. That means it has higher survivability (it's bigger and easier to hit) but not so high that it can sit there indefinitely.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 04:16:18 pm »

What the mortar pit change did, was remove the wehr's domination in a stalemate that did not involve heavy arty(mostly in an early-game situation).

Naturally, wehr players are extremely unhappy with it.

Mortar emp needs to take more damage, tho ^^.

this is definitely one of the things we are looking at.

and look at its range. it should be between ami and wehr mortar range
TheDeadlyShoe Offline
Weapon of Math Destruction
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 04:19:06 pm »

...the stationary emplacement should have less range than the mobile mortar?  Huh
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 04:23:27 pm »

well, u cant countermorater them
and it should definately not have a higher range than the axis mortar. there is too much allied arty (which is much better than any axis arty)
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 04:26:17 pm »

It needs a long range.

The issue is, should emplacements be easily protected by a counter mortar or should the brits have to 'work at it' with their mortar like others. I'm inclined to say that once doctrines are in, only the RCA should get the long range, whilst in other factions other options exist for dealing with these issues.

If you give the british mortar the range to counter all other mortars you risk emplacements being counterable ONLY by heavy artillery and that's not a positive thing. If you give it less, you risk them being easily countered.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 05:22:44 pm »

Needs more Supercharge.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 07:55:28 pm »

It needs a long range.

The issue is, should emplacements be easily protected by a counter mortar or should the brits have to 'work at it' with their mortar like others. I'm inclined to say that once doctrines are in, only the RCA should get the long range, whilst in other factions other options exist for dealing with these issues.

If you give the british mortar the range to counter all other mortars you risk emplacements being counterable ONLY by heavy artillery and that's not a positive thing. If you give it less, you risk them being easily countered.

You mean kinda like the mortar halftrack?

Please tell me how the mortar halftrack is not overpowered despite being essentially immune to countermortar and can one shot other support weapons(other than emplacements).

But all of a sudden a stationary mortar pit that takes 30 seconds to unpack is overpowered.

Well yeah, wehr use support to win but wehr support weapons don't compare. Mortar pit outranges and out survives all other mortars. All other support weapons insta rebuild and thus have near unlimited life, close range incindary barrage should kill it, as should a direct nebel hit like with any support weapon platform.

Being able to one shot an emplacement with an incendiary shell was what made them useless in the first place, and now you want to bring it back?
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2009, 08:54:39 pm »

It needs a long range.

Please tell me how the mortar halftrack is not overpowered despite being essentially immune to countermortar and can one shot other support weapons(other than emplacements).

But all of a sudden a stationary mortar pit that takes 30 seconds to unpack is overpowered.

Being able to one shot an emplacement with an incendiary shell was what made them useless in the first place, and now you want to bring it back?

Again you took what i said out of context and acted like a complete and utter asshole, as you always do, insulting me without doing it directly. But by the way you write things putting me to a point where I wish you great harm.

You like how what was a discussion and not a debate/argument suddenly turns into one with your trolling once again? Now the flaming begins, you should try being polite for once.

"if you give it less you risk them being easily countered"

Essentially the british mortar has the longest range AND in addition has the best survivability with self heal and immunity to counter mortars.

Shit doesn't take rocket science.

Mortar pit Changes (As they should be):
10 sec setup
5 second packup
2x health normal mortar
70 Range

VICTORY look I just balanced it. Now it can counter mortar the wehr mortar at most ranges, has decent survivability and can quickly packup and move if it needs to, to avoid counter mortar. On the same token the brits can't be unmovable, but can still reasonably well fight back and with their artillery also they have reasonable counters.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 09:35:17 pm »

It needs a long range.

Again you took what i said out of context and acted like a complete and utter asshole, as you always do, insulting me without doing it directly. But by the way you write things putting me to a point where I wish you great harm.

You like how what was a discussion and not a debate/argument suddenly turns into one with your trolling once again? Now the flaming begins, you should try being polite for once.

"if you give it less you risk them being easily countered"

Essentially the british mortar has the longest range AND in addition has the best survivability with self heal and immunity to counter mortars.

Shit doesn't take rocket science.

Mortar pit Changes (As they should be):
10 sec setup
5 second packup
2x health normal mortar
70 Range

VICTORY look I just balanced it. Now it can counter mortar the wehr mortar at most ranges, has decent survivability and can quickly packup and move if it needs to, to avoid counter mortar. On the same token the brits can't be unmovable, but can still reasonably well fight back and with their artillery also they have reasonable counters.

Thats pretty hilarious given how many times you've called me a loser, an idiot, how I have no life, etc.  And you have the audacity to claim to be insulted when I point out your axis bias?

No what you made is not an emplacement.   At this point there is no point pretending they are emplacments and may as well just make them regular weapon crew.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc