Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 05:23:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE] Vamp HT  (Read 2868 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: March 30, 2009, 02:26:30 am »

I'm just curious as to how this works out for people who use it. First off to those that don't use it or know how to use it, this is how it works (correct me if I'm wrong or off). It's got a big LOS and infantry detection. When you lock it down it gets a large infantry AWARENESS. This works like the PE's tank awareness in vcoh. They show up as little dots on your mini map.

But the question is, do you think it could use a little buff, maybe increase the los a little bit (like 10%) or the infantry unit awareness. Or maybe we can get infantry as dots and emplacements/vehicles as triangles. Because right now if there is a blob moving towards you which so happens a bit with these bits, it's just BARELY enough time to move. Now I'm not sure if the problem is just the brits current state, or if its the VHT that needs some love. Or maybe it's the fact that as PE you don't have an MG to back up your mortar so the threat of a blob becomes a much bigger threat then normal. Opinions?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 02:46:20 am »

its pretty easy to tell emplacements and infantry, especially if you go to the tactical map, it'll tell you exactly what it is and where it is. I like having a vamp when I play with hummel's, they think they're safe and then fire rains on 'em Cheesy

but personally...would be nice if it cloaked or something, it's kinda easy to kill. I think it should also get shared vet because there's no way it can obtain vet by itself. It can't shoot and it has med crush, which means it can run over infantry.

ditto the kettengrad and muni ht.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 02:53:54 am »

It has light crush, and it has "crush humans = false". Same for the muni halftrack. Ketten has absolutely no crush, like the jeep and bike.

Most things with medium crush do have "crush humans = true". The only exception I have noticed is the Marder.
BigDick
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 04:56:00 am »

Vamp HT is imho a vaste of ressources sitting there and doing nothing except dieing when an enemy push comes in
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 03:36:11 pm »

Maybe give it a Smoke barrage as someone suggested in the Petition to give the PE Mortar Halftrack smoke rounds?

Or make give it a little bit more LOS like suggested etc etc

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 03:51:41 pm »

OK glad I'm not the only one that thinks it needs increase in LOS. It has enough LOS in the minimap to give you like an extra two seconds to get your stuff out. And honestly it usually isn't really enough time (especially with paits ability to shoot over stuff) . Though right now it's hard to argue about anything since we can't play =(
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 05:11:00 pm »

It's awareness doesn't seem as high as it should be. thats probably just a misconception. If you view the tac map it will display what it is in the FoW and in Vcoh it displays cloaked snipers but in EiR it seems not to. I had a sniper picking off my guys and when i deployed my vamp he only showed when he fired.  I think the Vamp should get a movement reduction when deployed not a "Movement 0" that way it might actually survive when it detects that blob coming. Not to mention most maps you can hide it behind shot blockers but the brits go "Oi, fuck ye asshole!" and fire PIATs over shot blockers

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 05:36:05 pm »

PE needs to fight man for man, as a result I find little use for support vehicles in a competitive sense, they hardly ever justify even their 3 pop. If you use a vamp and muni HT you're down 6 pop, in all times but the end game that can be disastrous, even then you need an allied HMG to counter your lack of AI resulting from the support vehicle.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 05:46:55 pm »

Having too many suport vehicles fielded will result in defeat. but having 1 out there, Namely the Vamp is good, it allows you to organize a defense before and engagement and not during. The Munitions HT is by and large useless. it doesn;t visually show it affecting tanks and such so i can;t tell if it does, but even still 25% on infantry is good but the Muni HT tends to die first as most areas are covered in AT arcs of fire
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 02:51:08 am »

make it hear you the allied vent channel  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc