Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 05:35:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre v0.0.5 Changelog  (Read 13627 times)
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2009, 06:05:49 am »

that is how you played in EiR with your raidborne airbornes...only single unit type that can handle everything...play moorhuhn if you don't want tactics and strategy in a game....

It hilarious listening to those kind of accusations from someone who rolled with nothing but unsupressable veteran zeal/intensity grens which had absolutely no drawback, unlike radborne which became useless 2 minutes after the drop.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2009, 06:17:30 am »

OH, you guys make me laugh, that's nothing compared to some of the imbalanceness of the past XD

The game today is miles ahead in balance than what EIR was before, even before EIR had doctrines
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2009, 06:28:47 am »

The game today is miles ahead in balance than what EIR was before, even before EIR had doctrines

This is true.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2009, 06:33:26 am »

Also remember, this is one change log of many, and for every change on that list, we can make more and revert changes
BigDick
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2009, 07:02:48 am »

that is how you played in EiR with your raidborne airbornes...only single unit type that can handle everything...play moorhuhn if you don't want tactics and strategy in a game....

It hilarious listening to those kind of accusations from someone who rolled with nothing but unsupressable veteran zeal/intensity grens which had absolutely no drawback, unlike radborne which became useless 2 minutes after the drop.

unfortunately i played 60% of the time defensive and 39% of the time blitz, and i gave a shit about vet  Roll Eyes

and actually when you want really use zeal u have to give a shit about vet so there will be no zeal veteran units because you let them fight to death

i used grens and lmgs thats true..and always when i saw thos airborne fuckers in opponent team i changed some shreks into moar lgms  Shocked
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:05:08 am by BigDick » Logged
pernik Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2009, 07:08:10 am »

nearly every allied has a howie or a callie in his company because nobody play AB anymore because callies and howies are fucking cost effective
that's not true, i proudly play Airborne Tongue love 'em...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:21:56 am by pernik » Logged

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2009, 07:53:56 am »

Damn..... DuckofDoom... you have just proven you utterly suck with the brits with that big post there.. ask Lai if you need advice with them.

FF + CCT < Panther ? lolz.....

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2009, 10:43:37 am »

Ok, dont be such a gay axis fanboy. A firefly will beat a panther if it starts firing from max range, but when does a GOOD wehr player ever let his panter go head on into a firefly? Never.

Which tank is faster, a firefly or a panther? A panther. That means, that a panther WILL most likely dictate the terms of engagement, and NOT the firefly. And a vet 3 panther does out range a firefly (not sure about vet 0, probably not). In addition, I have to micro 2 units to keep up with a panther (ct and the ff), where the panther is only 1 unit. Also, panther has heavy crush which means that it can drive over hedges and face rape a firefly. And finally, any kind of anti tank support for the panther results in a dead firefly, even if its on the defensive, where anti tank support for the firefly does not necessarily mean that panther is going to die.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:45:51 am by DuckOfDoom » Logged
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2009, 10:48:19 am »

I dunno, PIAT/17lbr support can really put a hurtin on a Panther. The 17lbr is more situational, but it will wreck a Panther in 4 shots.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2009, 11:40:24 am »

I think we're over the anther issue, Anyone who thinks the current cost is justified is clearly a squirrel(yeah i went with squirrel) As for the nebel, it didn't need changing but it happened. The change is small but it's small changes that turn into a another squad eventually. So it's legitimacy could be debated.

I don't use brits but PIAT's have always been fairly effective in EiRR.

The airborne changes are nice, considering i play airborne. Just gotta work 600 more manpower out of my company.
Which brings up my response to the claim that no one plays airborne. I've got Airborne and commando's and I like to think I'm pretty effective with their use. I can eliminate enemy artillery quite easily with them and in the late game i'm not restricted by 45+ sec. call in timers because anything airborne is always 30 seconds. the only time i'd pick Artillery over my AB right now is for urban fighting as drift can put you more then screen apart when you factor in paths around buildings and the like.

Not gonna lie... seeing AC's get nerfed is satisfying, but i think a population increase would have been a more appropriate response. hummel fuel reduction is cool, allows PE to actually field more light vehicles with a hummel now

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2009, 12:10:24 pm »

Ok, dont be such a gay axis fanboy. A firefly will beat a panther if it starts firing from max range, but when does a GOOD wehr player ever let his panter go head on into a firefly? Never.

And since when a GOOD brit player doesnt have AI with his firefly, that luckily can also button tanks.

Which tank is faster, a firefly or a panther? A panther. That means, that a panther WILL most likely dictate the terms of engagement, and NOT the firefly.

And which one has more range? last time I checked something with the range of nearly an 88 has more chances to dictate the terms of engagement..

And a vet 3 panther does out range a firefly (not sure about vet 0, probably not).

What about vet 3 FF + vet 3 CCT then? and only PE panthers get the range buff.

In addition, I have to micro 2 units to keep up with a panther (ct and the ff), where the panther is only 1 unit.

kthxbye.

Also, panther has heavy crush which means that it can drive over hedges and face rape a firefly.

Same, use your AI as AT, thats the fun of the brits.

And finally, any kind of anti tank support for the panther results in a dead firefly, even if its on the defensive, where anti tank support for the firefly does not necessarily mean that panther is going to die.

panzerjager1943  already answered that.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2009, 12:19:01 pm »

the fuel reduction sux for me though, i've got a vet 3 hummel...so i'm stuck with it until someone kills it (which wont happen!)

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2009, 01:48:52 pm »

How is it going to fight the firefly, then? Firefly will always shoot first unless it's a vet 3 PE panther.

Which tank is faster, a firefly or a panther? A panther. That means, that a panther WILL most likely dictate the terms of engagement, and NOT the firefly.

A panther is 4% faster than a firefly. Congratulations on your blazing speed record.

And a vet 3 panther does out range a firefly (not sure about vet 0, probably not).

Yes, a vet 3 panther does outrange a firefly. A vet 3 panther is also I believe a 3 PP unit. Would you like an extra 10 range on your firefly for 3 PPs? Because I'm sure if those were supplied they'd not be worth the cost.

In addition, I have to micro 2 units to keep up with a panther (ct and the ff), where the panther is only 1 unit. Also, panther has heavy crush which means that it can drive over hedges and face rape a firefly. And finally, any kind of anti tank support for the panther results in a dead firefly, even if its on the defensive, where anti tank support for the firefly does not necessarily mean that panther is going to die.

Okay, so you make a biased statement about "anti tank support" (which honestly has little to nothing to do with the issue you're discussing, and further has absolutely no truth to it - both tanks are vulnerable to anti-tank weapons), then whine about needing a command tank? Furthermore, you're basing your entire argument over a VET THREE PANTHER against a VET ZERO FIREFLY. Panther has more range, sure, but it's also accumulated FIVE HUNDRED FUCKING XP! And even with its range advantage, it can't spot for itself, unlike a firefly, so even then there is a balance between a vet 0 unit and a vet 3 unit of similar cost.

You will note a normal firefly outranges a normal panther by 7.5 units (meters in terms of game distance, I believe). At vet 2 for the PE Panther you can add a command tank and STILL outrange the Panther by 2 and a half units. At vet 3 the PE Panther beats your command tank'd Firefly by 7.5 units, the exact advantage your Firefly starts with automatically. I don't see how turnabout isn't fair play, although I would look a bit at reducing the range of the Panther closer to 60 so it can't snipe AT guns.

I'd also take a look at the Wehr panther's vet a bit, as well as the Wehrmacht heavy tanks. For things that cost so much more, you aren't getting proportionately more benefit based against the money you're paying. Getting 150 HP on a tiger for 2 PP or 150 HP on a Panther for 1 PP is definitely not equivalent.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:26:21 pm by Malevolence » Logged

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2009, 04:31:22 pm »

Another point about the nebel: The gayest bug/feature happens when a squad member gets stuck in the fiery pit of doom the nebel creates, the ENTIRE squad takes damage and not that one individual member. So, if johnny the retard decides to crawl around in circles in the crater filled with burning napalm and doesnt have the simple courtesy to die straight away (which happens an awful lot with environmental damage for some reason), EVERY squad member will be reduced to 10%-5% health (which in turn either puts them out of action completely (by retreating, since a 5% squad will just get 1 -shotted), or just temporarily (if a triage is around)), which doesnt even make any fucking sense whatsoever, even by cohs video game logic. Even during shoot outs with other squads, members of those squads take individual damage, so why would nebel suddenly cause group damage like that? My guess is that aoe/enviromental damage properties are handled differently by cohs engine, because the same shit happens with flame nades and the flamethrower explosions.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2009, 05:28:58 pm »

Uh, it doesn't do that.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2009, 06:41:40 pm »

My panther eats fireflies for breakfast. Grin
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2009, 07:06:09 pm »

Your vet 3 PE panther <3.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2009, 06:42:43 am »

Uh, it doesn't do that.

Unfortunately, it does. I can understand why axis players would be skeptical about this, but you almost never see the full impact of the nebelwerfer because of the fog of war.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:44:17 am by DuckOfDoom » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2009, 12:22:28 pm »

Uh, it doesn't do that.

Unfortunately, it does. I can understand why axis players would be skeptical about this, but you almost never see the full impact of the nebelwerfer because of the fog of war.

it most definitely does because many many MANY times I have nebel rockets land 5 feet from troops that i know they can't see, and a rocket or two allllllways lands near a sniper if they nebel the general area, it's really annoying, and I don't know why they have them work like that. it makes no sense why a cloaked sniper 20 feet away from a rifle squad magically has a nebel rocket land near him.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2009, 12:25:00 pm »

it most definitely does because many many MANY times I have nebel rockets land 5 feet from troops that i know they can't see, and a rocket or two allllllways lands near a sniper if they nebel the general area, it's really annoying, and I don't know why they have them work like that. it makes no sense why a cloaked sniper 20 feet away from a rifle squad magically has a nebel rocket land near him.

Better than a random arty shell that usually ends up killing axis snipers.
It's like heatseeking missiles.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc