Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:19:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do allies suck?  (Read 28263 times)
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2009, 06:51:28 am »

I do, and they are so much more easier then allies, i dont even go blitz and its easy.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
BigDick
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2009, 08:09:28 am »

probably because there are way less good players on allied side
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2009, 08:12:09 am »

When I play on allies, there's actualy a proper challenge.
Then I went to play on axis, and it was a stomp each time - just way, way too easy.

roflmao Offline
Professional Buttkicker.

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2009, 08:34:44 am »

I'm not going to comment on the actual balance, but I think the main issue is that the axis (more notably wehrmacht) has everything the allies have, but better.

Strictly comparing Wehr with Amer (because I haven't had too many games with either PE or Brits), everything they have is simply better. Better tanks, better infantry, better handheld at, better support weapons, etc.

Now this might reflect itself in prices, making the game balanced, but its just not as much fun to control the faction that has all the sucky units Smiley.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2009, 08:46:57 am »

When I play on allies, there's actualy a proper challenge.
Then I went to play on axis, and it was a stomp each time - just way, way too easy.

dont stomp noobs then. ur stats say u such as allied and axis btw

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2009, 09:23:43 am »

my stats? Had one single loss with a nubbie on my side vs 31st and whoever else came in, think it was nevyen or whatever. All the draws are wins on the axis account.
6-1 or 5-1, sumthing like that in total, don't care much.
On my allies I was playing extensively with nubbies on my side versus good players, or equally skilled players matches. still a positive win ratio - frankly, seeing as all you do is either refuse games with good players or leave them as they start, stfu pl0x.
Stop calling me out and harrasing me on the launcher, it is getting pretty pathetic.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2009, 10:31:54 am »

Ok, aloha, if you at least wouldn´t smurf or gtfo everytime I join one of your games....

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2009, 10:52:23 am »

Ok, aloha, if you at least wouldn´t smurf or gtfo everytime I join one of your games....

or leave after  5 mins when he sees double quads, lol.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2009, 11:29:26 am »

As much as you guys may not like aloha and bigdick, having played them a few times recently, I find that they are more sporting than certain members which I have played recently, who instantly left when their first call in was totally annihilated or at sporadic moments throughout the game.

If they've really changed, give them a break. Persistently aggravating people is one way to break the community as well as reinforce negative responses.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2009, 11:32:39 am »

31st, look at who started flaming who, and you'll see why people aren't giving those two a break.

Frankly, they haven't changed, I can have draken and unknown attest that aloha lashed out at me in a 3v3 before either me or him actualy GOT on the field.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:35:12 am by Mysthalin » Logged
Monty Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2009, 11:52:51 am »

Taking into account the fact that it's plainly obvious that the US forces aren't as good, why not change a few stats to balance them? It doesn’t have to be major and it can still keep them distinct.

For example: reducing weapon deployment/pack up times would help to counter pak sniping of at and mgs/at getting so easily pawnd by stormies and mortars getting so easily countered. basically giving the allies an alternate, but distinct advantage over the more effective axis versions.

Just a thought…..

That said, i really don't think they do need to be better balanced, the real problem is that there doesn't tend to be as many higher ranking allies playing, meaning battles are so damn often stacked. I was level 4, but unashambly, I’m not that great, so I had no vets to speak of and I could rarely keep a unit alive for more than a battle or two, maybe if it were easier to keep units alive, that would help. I sure don't feel like I have a 'persistent company'.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2009, 12:21:33 pm »

As much as you guys may not like aloha and bigdick, having played them a few times recently, I find that they are more sporting than certain members which I have played recently, who instantly left when their first call in was totally annihilated or at sporadic moments throughout the game.

If they've really changed, give them a break. Persistently aggravating people is one way to break the community as well as reinforce negative responses.

They haven't changed if you hadn't noticed, that's what aloha and bigdick usually do dude, they're the aggravaters. Im sure that's a huge consensus around the community that they're two of the more annoying posters here.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
BigDick
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2009, 02:00:35 pm »

moar dramaz of the internetz

tym everyone who do not support your idiotic balancing suggestions is annoying for you...
the funniest thing is that you sucked on PE but always complained how "OP" they are....
allies don't suck i would admit that they are less cool but they are hust played differently

@draken stay on topic please
Two ragequit after 3 minutes because he got 3 offmaps and 1 onmap followed by quadrush (way to cheap in pop) onto his stuff in a reinforcement game

@mystalin
the one who complained was you like you always complaine before games...no not that map not this not that (depending what maps are more bad for light vehicles)
and after games you are starting endless whining "oh noez" they had 10 pak and 10 hmg each...my light vehicle spam got raped
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 02:05:32 pm by BigDick » Logged
mapleleafsnation Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2009, 02:04:22 pm »

As a new player I feel that an option to match people of rank 1 together in one game would be really nice.

Of course this could be abused my smurfs, but it would give a chance to people (from both sides) to learn the game without it becoming a chore.
thaelmann Offline
Donator

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2009, 03:22:04 pm »

imo you learn much more if you got some more experienced players on your team. given of course that the teams are more or less evenly matched.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:21:29 pm by thaelmann » Logged

mapleleafsnation Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2009, 06:08:13 pm »

imo you learn much more if you got some more experienced players on your time. given of course that the teams are more or less evenly matched.

You're more likely to lose people's interest before they improve. There's a lot of things that can be learned without being completely destroyed. You won't know every tricks in the book, that's a given, but you'll still learn the mechanics, and get into the community and game.

It's like in most sports (or activities for that matter) you don't put people up against the highest standards when they are learning something, there needs to be a learning curve that isn't too tough. Slightly more experienced opponent is alright, but experts is not. You're not learning, because you can make out the difference between most of your mistakes and most of your good moves.
thaelmann Offline
Donator

« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2009, 06:26:26 pm »

sorry i got that misspelled. it should say "team" and not "time". of course you're not supposed to get slaughtered in a game in which three good or even avarage players stomp some noobs. but the games from which i learned the most were those in which i had two more experienced players on my team who told me what to do and what not to do. if you go noobs only it's going to be trial and error and not even that will work as you probably won't face the strats that are commonly used.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2009, 05:17:13 am »

but the games from which i learned the most were those in which i had two more experienced players on my team who told me what to do and what not to do.

You meant you had a supreme commander ordering you to go here and there, not to disobey his orders and frequent bouts of fury as he reprimands your insubordination, threatening to court martial you, ultimately congratulating himself for carrying the army on to ultimate victory.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2009, 05:46:03 am »

Exactly.
thaelmann Offline
Donator

« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2009, 11:03:27 am »

You meant you had a supreme commander ordering you to go here and there, not to disobey his orders and frequent bouts of fury as he reprimands your insubordination, threatening to court martial you, ultimately congratulating himself for carrying the army on to ultimate victory.

well, fortunately there aren't many guys like this around. except 31stPzGren and Killer of course.  Grin most of the others chaps are quite nice and quite helpful actually.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc