Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:46:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how a pro, bashed a average-skilled and a newb(me) by pop-kill  (Read 14104 times)
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2009, 10:35:18 pm »

No to retreating tank crew, or we'd see way too many vet tanks.
Piotrskivich Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2009, 10:52:47 pm »

Just have the crew walk off the map, then it's only safe to abandon in your own lines.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2009, 11:25:16 pm »

Just have the crew walk off the map, then it's only safe to abandon in your own lines.

With a 2 minute timer to abandon vehicle I could maybe go for it.

Otherwise no.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2009, 04:15:27 am »

I think it would be like 20 second timer till crew fully abandons the tank. Then the tank will explode in 10 seconds. Which will give the chance for enemy to destroy it and gain XP from it. If they fail to destroy it in that time they don't get any. The crew should simply run offmap. Usually tanks had 5 man Crew. Officer, Driver, Gunner, Loader, Radioman (also using the Hull MG) I suppose its the officer in P4s and Panthers who operates the Turret ontop but I don't know. Usually the whole crew should just abandon it together since everyone had their own escape hatch. So its pretty much like dropping Volks squad from a Half-track.

Tank crew shouldn't get High HP since there should be a way to exterminate them too. The tank should go disabled when the crew abandons it. I don't see a huge problem with it.

The commander should have officer skin. Rest of the crew has normal Volksgrenadier like Skins...because I don't think there aren't any suitable "Tank crew" skins because normally its a Gren skin operating the top MG on the Axis tanks and a Rifleman operating turret gun in American side.  British should have officer skins when they leave the tank. Ltd Skins on everyone and maybe Cpt skin on commander? It would make most sense but that's just me.

I don't see any problem in Speed boosts. When you drive a Car a lot you eventually know how to make it drive faster ya? Not by much but still a little bit faster. Who knows what the driver does when the tank is in garage he might update the engine by himself with stolen equipments. Usually vetted crews got quality engines and tanks too. Gunners get more accurate as they learn how to use the gun , Officers become more used with sighting and loaders become faster etc. Radioman would be the only one who gains no experience XD

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2009, 04:29:27 am »

The commander should have officer skin. Rest of the crew has normal Volksgrenadier like Skins...because I don't think there aren't any suitable "Tank crew" skins because normally its a Gren skin operating the top MG on the Axis tanks and a Rifleman operating turret gun in American side.  British should have officer skins when they leave the tank. Ltd Skins on everyone and maybe Cpt skin on commander? It would make most sense but that's just me.

There is actually Crew men skins created by some very talented skinners i the COH community (my next skin pack will include them) so we won't have trouble making them look believable, trust me Wink

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2009, 06:16:51 am »

Man...tell me.

WHY

WHY

WHY there's always SS troops around?

Every skinpack I've mainly found contains SS logo. How come can't we fight vs basic Wehrmacht troops and not Waffen SS? xD Srsly it becomes boring to see SS logos everywhere xD
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2009, 06:28:31 am »

The guy on the right hand side isn't SS. And that was just a random picture I was able to find. The creator does have an odd 'obsession' with slapping SS symbols on everything. There is a another one, I just can't find it Tongue
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2009, 06:59:49 am »

Aye but has an SS Uniform Cheesy you can recognize the Camoflage. Anyhow, the one in the left looks more like a Penalty Soldier than a SS man. Only the skull and bones.

Although most Skinpacks (ok every skinpack) I've seen has SS stuff...every xD
EliteGrens Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2009, 07:02:18 am »

Aslong as it looks fucking badass its ok.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2009, 07:08:58 am »

If you're going to have a tank crew which can abandon vehicles you'll have to make the tank uncapturable afterwards, or else automatically do what is explained below to the tank:

in WWII tank crews would generally have a prodedure when abandoning a vehicle, especially the germans towards the end of the war when tanks (mostly tigers and heavy tanks) would run out of fuel literally and therefore they would have to abandon it.  They always destroyed their tank deliberately by sabotage, rendering the main gun and Engine useless to say the least.

So if you want, you could put a destroyed main gun and engine on the field from the tank crew abandoning it, which would then make the enemy able to repair it (if it wants to take that long) and steal it.  a 30 second timer should be sufficcient. 

Otherwise, how the hell would an american be able to understand how to use a german tank???  You could just add some awesome explosion effect and make it like an artillery explosion or something cool
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2009, 07:16:05 am »

The censored version of my skinpack v2.0 contains some SS camoflage but no actual SS symbols, I believe.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2009, 07:55:46 am »

If you're going to have a tank crew which can abandon vehicles you'll have to make the tank uncapturable afterwards, or else automatically do what is explained below to the tank:

in WWII tank crews would generally have a prodedure when abandoning a vehicle, especially the germans towards the end of the war when tanks (mostly tigers and heavy tanks) would run out of fuel literally and therefore they would have to abandon it.  They always destroyed their tank deliberately by sabotage, rendering the main gun and Engine useless to say the least.

So if you want, you could put a destroyed main gun and engine on the field from the tank crew abandoning it, which would then make the enemy able to repair it (if it wants to take that long) and steal it.  a 30 second timer should be sufficcient. 

Otherwise, how the hell would an american be able to understand how to use a german tank???  You could just add some awesome explosion effect and make it like an artillery explosion or something cool

I asked once but afterwards I shut my mouth when I was explained why tanks are uncapturable.

I can imaginate some American player sending his Tiger at a Wehrmacht player...capturing German tanks would be like a wet dream for Allies players...if that wasp ossible I'd join immidiately. Special Heavy tanks and Super elite Infantry anyone?
Sever5 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2009, 08:24:09 am »

I think it would be like 20 second timer till crew fully abandons the tank. Then the tank will explode in 10 seconds. Which will give the chance for enemy to destroy it and gain XP from it. If they fail to destroy it in that time they don't get any. The crew should simply run offmap.
sign
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2009, 09:50:00 am »

The guy on the right hand side isn't SS. And that was just a random picture I was able to find. The creator does have an odd 'obsession' with slapping SS symbols on everything. There is a another one, I just can't find it Tongue

Actually, they're ALL SS, the guy on the right hand side his the skull & bones symbol on his cap:

That was only worn by SS, not to mention the camouflage Tongue.

Anyway, personally I don't have a problem with SS symbols on uniforms in my game but I can understand some people may find it offensive. So letting the player decide what he wants is usually the best bet.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:57:40 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2009, 09:55:33 am »

no Unkn0wn I don't find it offensive- not me at least that is. I find it boring. When you see something over 20 times it gets boring, right?

SS wasn't the only division that had a skull and bones. Penalty army as well had ones. Z.b.v or then I've read too many Sven Hassels... xD
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2009, 09:58:42 am »

The "Penalty Army"?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:02:08 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc