Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 05:40:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATG vs ATG put a stop to it?  (Read 17530 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: May 19, 2009, 07:21:12 pm »

Am I the only one that thinks ATGs vs ATGs needs to be nerfed even more against each other? Right now it's a 50% chance to miss, but often times I'll see ATGs hit twice in a row. I think it should be raised to 65-75% honestly I hate seeing this, especially with paks cloaking ability.

Or decrease the damage ATGs do to each other. It only takes 2-3 shots to kill an ATG. Or make it so US/brit ATGs do more damage to paks to make up for the paks cloaking.

Also I guess you would have to keep 17 pounders accuracy vs paks since paks will always hit an emplacement most of the time.

Or am I just a fool for thinking ATG vs ATG combat is stupid?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 07:23:24 pm »

The hell are you talking about? There is no ATG combat. It's only a combat if both sides are fighting, which with Paks vs 57mm only the Pak is fighting.

Anonymous 06/19/09(Fri)11:55 No.4931966

Is Akranadas in this thread? Fucker can't stop bragging about his "waifu taldeer" and cosplaying in an eldar farseer costume while shouting "Flithy monkeighs!" interspaced with random eldar gibberish.
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 07:44:07 pm »

Lol, AT guns hit other AT guns more then they hit armored cars. (from what I've noticed)
bfhogues Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 10:00:20 pm »

quick nerf the pak it is uber op.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 10:33:00 pm »

maybe you're not playing the peopel i play, but i see atg fighting whenever people get the chance.
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 10:46:02 pm »

I was making a joke based on the fact that personally I always see paks killing 57mms and never the other way around >_>
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 10:49:02 pm »

I don't see it very often, the only one that gets me is the Move pak up... Get shot at. Cloak. return fire. that one is so far fetched, but thats the reality of CoH. you adapt and find a way around it.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 11:35:06 pm »

rikirude is fucking right, tbfh. paksnipe and 57mm battlefights are still common, in every game I play, expecially if the enemies are considered "pros" i see at least one or two paksnipes.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 12:56:09 am »

i rarely lose pak v at gun battles because i know i can't win it but i've learned that if you put it behind green cover, not so much behind it but some aways behind it, the pak keeps hitting that cover, especailly if it sa tank carcass. I won a fight that way, it kept on shooting and hitting the tank and i was able to kill it without taking a hit.

point blank, if your'e ami and you have a pak shooting at your at gun and you sit there and try to wait to shoot back? You deserve to lose that battle.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 02:03:54 am »

Yeah fine, move the ATG back and now you know where the pak is. So much to "WAHH WHERE IS ZE PAK".

You guys are sure extreme whiners.

BigDick
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 03:55:42 am »

Also I guess you would have to keep 17 pounders accuracy vs paks since paks will always hit an emplacement most of the time.

it is very hard to kill "selfhealing" emplacements that take some time to be mortared
since 17pndr went to royal engies its not that a huge problem anymore but if they are on the field covert by a mortar bit in the back and a bofor it is very difficult to take that mini simcity out

Or am I just a fool for thinking ATG vs ATG combat is stupid?

actually it is stupid that it is possible...but i sniped some pak38 easily with AT57mm
and it is stupid that the AT guns of PE can be easily outranged and outdamaged by AT guns

without that marder getting sniped PE would get some useful AT

Yeah fine, move the ATG back and now you know where the pak is. So much to "WAHH WHERE IS ZE PAK".

You guys are sure extreme whiners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNhhPnoTo0M
baine let it be or they come out of their holes to "team"cry
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 05:26:49 am »

Actually I think the problem is that the accuracy/damage the pak gets from cloack is the cause of this imbalance. Remember 2 shots don't reveal the pak, thus he can wait and destroy the 57mm few seconds later, then again a cloacked pak is always more accurate than a 57mm, I think devs should look into this and reduce atguns vs atguns (probably not the marder) to atgun vs infantry level. US faction is built on their 57mm strenght, and that is why us are becoming boring or "harder" than other factions -as stated in a famous thread-
Take an infantry company, us players not always have two atguns (and most of the times a single ostwind or puma is fast enough to defeat the atgun 1v1, a PIV too) destroyng the atguns so easily with paks, really leaves the us too much exposed to tanks and light vehicles -also considering the scarce at power and longevity of their tanks-
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 06:43:30 am »

don't see it very often, the only one that gets me is the Move pak up... Get shot at. Cloak. return fire. that one is so far fetched, but thats the reality of CoH. you adapt and find a way around it.

Can be fixed by making PaK decloak after one shot and to balance this defficiency reinstate mobility while cloaked.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 09:09:46 am »

Actually I think the problem is that the accuracy/damage the pak gets from cloack is the cause of this imbalance. Remember 2 shots don't reveal the pak, thus he can wait and destroy the 57mm few seconds later, then again a cloacked pak is always more accurate than a 57mm, I think devs should look into this and reduce atguns vs atguns (probably not the marder) to atgun vs infantry level. US faction is built on their 57mm strenght, and that is why us are becoming boring or "harder" than other factions -as stated in a famous thread-
Take an infantry company, us players not always have two atguns (and most of the times a single ostwind or puma is fast enough to defeat the atgun 1v1, a PIV too) destroyng the atguns so easily with paks, really leaves the us too much exposed to tanks and light vehicles -also considering the scarce at power and longevity of their tanks-

Don't the pak and 57 have the same range? And unless I'm totally out of the loop doesn't the pak have to be uncloaked to move now? So wouldn't you see the pak moving up on your 57? And what idiot ever lets an AT gun 1v1 anything? "Support" is the keyword in "support weapon". Not "1v1 weapon". It's a "support weapon". Designed to support and BE supported. It's the same argument as "Waaahhhh!! The airborne fired up and killed my lone MG! NOT FAAIRGJHGT!!"   

AT wars might be lame, but lets at least try to keep the arguments valid.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 09:53:24 am »

And unless I'm totally out of the loop doesn't the pak have to be uncloaked to move now? So wouldn't you see the pak moving up on your 57
You do but it can still uncloak again right in front of your nose to then take 3 shots at your ATG. Of course by then you should've long backed up your ATG but you'll probably still take a hit or 2.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 10:25:26 am »

A pak, can shoot out of its sight range. It just needs a spotter, cloaked or not.

If a pak fires even a single shot, a good player will pin point its location to an accuracy of 8 COH metres (estimated) accurately and instantly. If he doesn't see it, it'll take the first shot to alert him, the 2nd shot to pin point it.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 10:29:31 am »

Quote from: Unknownz
You do but it can still uncloak again right in front of your nose to then take 3 shots at your ATG. Of course by then you should've long backed up your ATG but you'll probably still take a hit or 2.

Making it uncloak while firing its first shot means it can't be cloaked and firing at you.

It'll fix the problems....
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 10:56:43 am »

And unless I'm totally out of the loop doesn't the pak have to be uncloaked to move now? So wouldn't you see the pak moving up on your 57

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesnt a towed at gun (ie when its in motion) suffer from a 100% received accuracy penalty?
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 11:01:41 am »

You got a point sg31Pzgren but knowing where it hides doesn't mean you know where it is, or can target it, unless you have artillery, and i say again, two shots don't uncloack a pak.
bfhogues Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 11:43:26 am »

is this in the correct forum? it is in the related disc forum and it should be in the whine more/allied fanboy forum.

i believe the trick to at v at fights is to fucking pay attention to your units and not just let them sit there. O noes my doom fort line is taking innaccurate fire from a pak. Where could it be? Maybe i should do something.

Oh i feel sorry for the allies tho. only 1 at gun. easy prey for those circle strafing uber axis tanks. Oh wait 1 at gun...FAIL. the allies can flank a pak just as easy. Why shouldnt an at gun be able to shoot another one? its part of the game. Dont duel it out at v at if you dont want your gun to die. it is a roll of the dice whos lucky shots hit. so move it back/mortar it/ charge it/play the game instead of watching it.

Yet another thread that degenerates into quick nerf the op axis becuase it is too hard to adapt my play style to a certain tactic.

MOAR WHINERS.

-Wolfgor
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc