Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 09:25:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3v3 Axis new uncounterable strategy.  (Read 7356 times)
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 21, 2009, 08:43:29 am »

Honestly we are soo pissed off right now....

Attachment: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=496380

Attachment: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=496381

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 08:45:01 am »

Well just try to sticky the KT..

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 08:45:28 am »

Could sum it up as well so I can more easily see what you're talking about in the replay.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 08:47:49 am by Scyn » Logged

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 08:46:33 am »

Why don't you give us some clue about what happened? You're asking people to download and watch a potentially bad replay possibly with no new info to offer.

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 08:47:38 am »

Grenspam + double KT is what happend.
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 08:57:09 am »

That was a really good map for Axis tbh. KT has a lot of cover to get behind and run around. I doubt it's unbeatable, but it sure was effective that time.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 09:08:20 am »

Double KTs are a pain in the ass, I'll give you that. Not really a 'new strategy' though.
Once full doctrines are in it should probably also be easier to deal with them.

The first KT usually sucks up a lot of the allied AT, the second can then just rampage Tongue.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 11:37:01 am »

Medikits should give some kind of handicap while used, and shouldn't be unlimited, so many times those grens actived medikits and nearly out healed all the damage. for 15 munitions that's a bit cheap.
I don't think the kt won the game, it was the gren spam plus medikits tbfh.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 12:03:07 pm by Bubz » Logged
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 12:21:14 pm »

Yes, but since they took out the vet 1 regen for nearly all of the axis infantry, the cheap reusable med kits are needed. Otherwise axis has no way to heal its infantry like the other factions do. That said, I believe grens are one of the infantry that still has it. I think its just grens and sniper.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 12:23:49 pm »

Correct.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 12:25:25 pm »

Medikits should give some kind of handicap while used, and shouldn't be unlimited, so many times those grens actived medikits and nearly out healed all the damage. for 15 munitions that's a bit cheap.

Ever tried to kill allied units next to a Triage Center? Same effect. Except that those units aren't slowed down.

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 12:35:11 pm »

Ever tried to kill allied units next to a Triage Center? Same effect. Except that those units aren't slowed down.

Except the triage can't pack up and follow the riflemen around now can it?  Med kit can be used anywhere on the fly.

Maybe change it to be like vcoh where you can only use med kits in friendly territory.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 12:37:10 pm »

You can use them anywhere once you got to T4 in vCoH.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 12:44:59 pm »

Yes, but since they took out the vet 1 regen for nearly all of the axis infantry, the cheap reusable med kits are needed. Otherwise axis has no way to heal its infantry like the other factions do. That said, I believe grens are one of the infantry that still has it. I think its just grens and sniper.
That's right leafedge and I completly agree axis needs healings like other faction, but actually medikits aren't used like triages or casualty clearing stations, they are just OFFENSIVE weapons that can take on even the best flank of the best player, medikits are just a wc3 temporary buff, that's why I think they should stay 15 or be unlimited -like if it was regeneration- but please give them accuracy/damage penalties because you can just pop medikit, wait 10 seconds of slowdown and then have like 20 seconds of total overbuffed units who out heal nearly all the damage taken. Expecially in infantry engages where for riflemen it is already harder to win or do some real damage. that is what I mean, they should be used like MEDIKITS not to support a push or even win a well executed flank by the opponent. I think EIRR should really look into this because the problem is not with the healing they give but their role as Steroyds.
Or make them usuable only while not in combat or such, just to define better their role as medikits and not as drugs.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 12:49:24 pm by Bubz » Logged
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 12:52:34 pm »

That's right leafedge and I completly agree axis needs healings like other faction, but actually medikits aren't used like triages or casualty clearing stations, they are just OFFENSIVE weapons that can take on even the best flank of the best player, medikits are just a wc3 temporary buff, that's why I think they should stay 15 or be unlimited -like if it was regeneration- but please give them accuracy/damage penalties because you can just pop medikit, wait 10 seconds of slowdown and then have like 20 seconds of total overbuffed units who out heal nearly all the damage taken. Expecially in infantry engages where for riflemen it is already harder to win or do some real damage. that is what I mean, they should be used like MEDIKITS not to support a push or even win a well executed flank by the opponent. I think EIRR should really look into this because the problem is not with the healing they give but their role as Steroyds.
Or make them usuable only while not in combat or such, just to define better their role as medikits and not as drugs.

Expanding on this idea.  For 10 seconds after you turn on a med kit, the squad using it receive the zeal negative penalties of increased incoming accuracy and damage.

If you use it like you're supposed to(ie out of battle), then this will have no effect, but if you pop it in the middle of a battle then expect to get owned.

For far too often I see a stormtrooper or grenadier attack something in plain sight of a MG.   The MG opens fire and suppresses them, the storms just pop med pack and crawl for a bit then cloak/move out of range, taking no damage and losing not even one guy.
TheYaxisOfEvil Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 01:12:29 pm »

So what the heck is that scout car with a ton of HP that I always see Grens huddled around??

AKA donnieDark
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 01:36:01 pm »

That is PE.

Hey, it's not going to happen
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 01:41:28 pm »

Not quite, that's Wehrmacht with a PE reinforcement package Tongue.
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 02:22:50 pm »

So it's PE.
It's one out of 6 possible choices, making the 5 others unavailable.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 06:04:10 pm »

Not sure what all the hub-bub over the med kits is.

They had almost nothing to do with the outcome of this game. The inability to effectively counter and deal with the King Tiger and the Flak 88 did you in. You had poor counter decisions early on and terrible micro near the 88 at others.

The Calliope got I think 2 infantry kills... that is it. It should have been used to help take out the 88, otherwise it wasn't what you needed on the field and was just sitting there eating pop most the time. The sniper or snipers could also have been used in the same manor, that is taking out the 88, and since the KT had cleared the area of cover and LOS issues, it would have turned into a great spot for you to use ATG cover and control part of the map.

The double Pershing push came in far too late, and by that time you had almost no ATG's left to help deal with the KT and panther (along with numerous paks). When you did attack with them only one went in at the time, along with a Sherman. This caused the first one in to take more damage then it should have.

I don't mean to be critical, obviously it's easy to see the mistakes after the fact, but it is what cost you the game, you simple failed to properly counter any of their units, the KT and the flak 88 being the most important.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc