Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 03:25:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where have the 'New' & potential players gone to?  (Read 8869 times)
StaticRogue91 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 12:34:44 pm »

As a new player to the EiR:R game, I'd like to agree with Latios  Lips sealed

When I first joined, the EiR:R metagame and the regular CoH metagame are completely different. As a predominant American player in both, I remember American veterancy being kick ass, and the Americans standing a chance against the Wehrmacht.

However, I learned that this is not always the case, because in EiR, there is no "cheaper re-enforcement cost," and no "early game/Tiers" that the Americans can have an advantage in.

My green, fragile riflemen against Crack stormtroopers/Grenadiers doesn't help in the fighting either, as well as the opponent's overwhelming PP advantage.

It's something I've gotten used to in the.....7? games I've played, and once you get used to it, it's very enjoyable. I guess not every newbie likes getting stomped on to learn lessons though.
Scaevola Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 01:06:43 pm »

Well, when you have virtually no chance against vetted companies there isn't much fun to playing. Players with high pp points can spam so much artilllery, so many of any unit that they want, and all of their units are better/they get more of them. So why bother starting a company if you're new?

A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Scaevola Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 01:07:45 pm »

Oh, not to mention most good players only play with their friends (stack).
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 01:17:19 pm »

IMO the "mentor system" should be implemented by the community itself.

The old players should start sticking with one new player for a while, play a few games with him, show him the ropes, give him the chance to get some vet - make the game enjoyable.

I've currently taken under my wing wickY26 - a nice and friendly player from Turkey, who's suprisingly good for a "newb". Though... My tactics don't exactly allow for a lot of veterancy to be gained and left alive, but he's at least got quite a few wins versus capable opponents, and has been grasping the metagame very well, and has been ENJOYING THE MOD - which is the most important thing.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the good players could do the same - you see a newbie, invite him on vent, take the time to help him with his company set-up, give him the link to the templates page so he can check around : it may take some time before you'll get him into his first game with a proper company, but at least he'll have it a lot easier and more enjoyable, and the more players we have - the better.

Protege/mentor program, gogogo!!!

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 01:26:24 pm »

Its actually much harder on new players with the current system than the old one.

In the old one, even if you didn't have doctrines your men would vet up as they earned XP, meaning you could lose your first 10 games, still get the points and have a bunch of vet units to help you compete.

Now you are a non-vet company till your doctrine is done and units are all purchased, then you can get some vet and/or offmaps.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 01:56:37 pm »

Yes a community run mentor program is good, we don't really have the time to organise it atm :p.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 03:35:45 pm »

Its actually much harder on new players with the current system than the old one.

In the old one, even if you didn't have doctrines your men would vet up as they earned XP, meaning you could lose your first 10 games, still get the points and have a bunch of vet units to help you compete.

Now you are a non-vet company till your doctrine is done and units are all purchased, then you can get some vet and/or offmaps.

again that's your brain telling you that, not an actual guide or rule.

they CAN have vet as fast as anyone else, and vet is WORTH purchasing with the current levels.  The PP rework will adjust some of the thoughts behind how you spend your pps at least.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 03:45:35 pm »

Of course Salan, because that vet is sooo worth getting over advantages and Doctrines....

It comes last right now and you know it.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 03:50:25 pm »

The advantages are free =)
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 04:16:12 pm »

IMO the "mentor system" should be implemented by the community itself.

The old players should start sticking with one new player for a while, play a few games with him, show him the ropes, give him the chance to get some vet - make the game enjoyable.

Yesterday I played with a guy that couldn´t difference a panther from kt.

Trying to mentor a complete ignorant of vCoH is hard, really.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 01:51:33 am »

Yesterday I played with a guy that couldn´t difference a panther from kt.

Trying to mentor a complete ignorant of vCoH is hard, really.

Then let's make a requirement: If you want to sign up for being mentored in an actual mentoree system, then you have to have actually played vcoh at least once before in your life.

Anonymous 06/19/09(Fri)11:55 No.4931966

Is Akranadas in this thread? Fucker can't stop bragging about his "waifu taldeer" and cosplaying in an eldar farseer costume while shouting "Flithy monkeighs!" interspaced with random eldar gibberish.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 05:38:34 am »

noone's telling you to mentor someone that has downs syndrome...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc