Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 08:59:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Geschutzwagen  (Read 11211 times)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 05:33:39 am »

Don't use it if you think it's shit.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 05:35:54 am »

i tend to use hummels sand priests like ethat. Keep them on roads, try my best to keep m10's on roads. Usually the best strategy, especially for certain units

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 05:36:24 am »

BigDick, you know it's in your power in game to dictate where you fight(or maybe in your case, attempt to) and most major routes of advance, the ones favorable to a PE player or Ges. user are along roads, as roads tend to have longer firing lanes then forests or fields.

Also American tanks travel the same speed in open cover as they do in negative cover so your still better off being on a road
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:39:29 am by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 05:41:42 am »

thats a lie at guns have long range accuracy of 85% and accuracy against geschützwagen of 100% so it depends on the distance but the accuracy against geschützwagen is between 85 and 100%

Uhh, the geschutzwaggen does not have it's own armor type, it uses the marder one.

http://coh-stats.com/Weapon:57mm_AT_Gun

This little bit of internet tells me 57 mm's have a 0.65 long range accuracy modifier, and that GWGs benefit from vehicle cover, which means a 0.75 accuracy modifier from all weapons, if there is any cover at all between the weapon being fired and the target. If the ATG were put on a road, and the marder a bit ahead, the accuracy would be 0.65 at long range - still not even remotely near 85 percent.

Please stop pulling "facts" out of your ass.

Quote from: BigRetard
Marder <...> has a lockdown ability that increase penetration and damage slightly

Quote from: Mysthalin
With lockdown, of course, the marder will be better, but the geschie can pop rapid fire rounds.

Tell me the difference between these two sentences, other than that I didn't hide the fact geschutzwaggens still have access to rapid fire rounds?

penetration of geschützwagen against firefly is under 50%

it's actualy 61.4%, dropping to 49.27% at long range.

Please don't forget to mention the firefly is outragned by the geschutzwaggen
55 vs 60 range.

Ending point, please stop posting before you strain your brain with all those brain farts.
Can we get him banned already?

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 05:45:12 am »

penetration is so shitty---> price decrease.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 05:47:43 am »

The penetration of a marder vs a Sherman is the same as of a 57 mm vs a StuG, rofl.
Price decrease on 57 mm's, please, the penetration is shitty.
I'm thinking something along the lines of 50 MU, since US is so munitions intensive(we gotta spam rangers, don't we now?)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 05:51:35 am »

YOU DONT HAVE TO USE IT
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 05:55:32 am »

^ what he said. I see a lot of people use it just fine. A lot of allied players fear the dang thing and it can lock down an area from tanks if you use it behind your paks and other support units.

Like akra said...you dont gotta use it, dont like it, dont use it.
VariantThirteen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 06:05:42 am »

Remove ToV units please >.>
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 06:05:57 am »

i dont use it, too expensive.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2009, 07:00:12 am »

BigDick, you know it's in your power in game to dictate where you fight(or maybe in your case, attempt to) and most major routes of advance, the ones favorable to a PE player or Ges. user are along roads, as roads tend to have longer firing lanes then forests or fields.

Also American tanks travel the same speed in open cover as they do in negative cover so your still better off being on a road

No, American tanks get the speed boost just like every other tank does...

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2009, 07:14:30 am »

i tend to use hummels sand priests like ethat. Keep them on roads, try my best to keep m10's on roads. Usually the best strategy, especially for certain units

And those are the reasons why you should always have about 4 mines to set them up on the roads hehe..

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 08:38:23 am »

Killer Every PE infantry gets mine detection if they are standing anywhere around a mine, and kettens find them anytime.

And malevolence. American tanks get speed Multiplier 1.5 in open cover and Multiplier 1.5 in negative cover. They are the same
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 08:40:30 am »

Brn, there is no such thing as "open cover" however - it is a relic induced myth. There's only the thing called No Cover (standard grass and shit), Heavy cover, negative cover, water and light cover.
Open cover... doesn't exist.
(compare sherman speed on a field and road, there WILL be a definite difference).
Scyn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 08:54:03 am »

The Geschutzwagen is functioning in gameplay as we originally expected it to. It's fitting in better with EiR than some of the other units thus far.

God is a genetically induced obsession that we interpret in such a way as to maintain our obedience.
31stPzGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 09:58:15 am »

Why are you fighting over the Geshutzwagen? Its like one of the most uber fail tanks I've ever met on the field. I don't even know how you're going to price it properly. A good flank, some AB or Rangers will just blow it up. Its absolutely fragile and can't do nuts.

Its turning is so slow, you'll go circles around it before they can do anything!
BigDick
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 10:08:33 am »

Quote from: My Ass on Today at 12:41:42
thats a lie at guns have long range accuracy of 85% and accuracy against geschützwagen of 100% so it depends on the distance but the accuracy against geschützwagen is between 85 and 100%

Uhh, the geschutzwaggen does not have it's own armor type, it uses the marder one.

http://coh-stats.com/Weapon:57mm_AT_Gun
This little bit of internet tells me 57 mm's have a 0.65 long range accuracy modifier, and that GWGs benefit from vehicle cover, which means a 0.75 accuracy modifier from all weapons, if there is any cover at all between the weapon being fired and the target. If the ATG were put on a road, and the marder a bit ahead, the accuracy would be 0.65 at long range - still not even remotely near 85 percent.

Please stop pulling "facts" out of your ass.

lol you are a retard now you construct the specific case the geschützwagen is behind some green cover...

at gun benefits from cover too

Quote from: My Ass
Quote from: BigRetard
Marder <...> has a lockdown ability that increase penetration and damage slightly

With lockdown, of course, the marder will be better, but the geschie can pop rapid fire rounds.
yeah that makes it not only 33% more expensive in menpower and  pop and 67% more fuel no now its infintite more expensive in munitions too since these upgrade is aditional 75mun

Quote from: My Ass
penetration of geschützwagen against firefly is under 50%
it's actualy 61.4%, dropping to 49.27% at long range.

its acually under 50% because only noobs use the firefly at close range
so below 50% penetration vs 1700%
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 10:41:12 am by BigDick » Logged
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 10:55:43 am »

Brn, there is no such thing as "open cover" however - it is a relic induced myth. There's only the thing called No Cover (standard grass and shit), Heavy cover, negative cover, water and light cover.
Open cover... doesn't exist.
(compare sherman speed on a field and road, there WILL be a definite difference).

Open cover, at least from what I've seen, is commonly defined as basic grass/sand/what have you areas where there are no other cover modifiers.

These regions, no matter what you call them, however, do not give a road-equivalent speed bonus to tanks.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2009, 11:06:42 am »

Mal, the whole point is that there are two forms of cover in the RGD files :
No cover (grass, sand, etc.) and Open Cover(Non-existant form of cover relic must have had in the alphas or something).
It doesn't exist anymore.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2009, 11:07:45 am »

Well, regardless of what it's called as I said, there is no instance besides road terrain that results in a road-like vehicle speed modifier.

Whether open terrain gives speed bonuses and doesn't exist in-game, or whether it doesn't give any bonuses and does exist, there's no road bonus without a road.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc