Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:24:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB Intereting Maps  (Read 5070 times)
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 07, 2012, 03:00:25 pm »

Hey guys, im kinda wondering if we could have some interesting maps other then just...open fields and small villages but on differant scales? ohh wait people qq at every map that doesnt follow the "stereotype". If you look at one of the more popular maps recently to arrive -City outskirts, its not our map, but its extremely interesting and its a twist on what we normally get, why cannt we get more interesting maps, bring back the good old diverse maps, like dawn and arnem as some good examples, lets break this damn stereotype of these boring ass maps that end up the same way every time.

Even if we add a map and people dont particularly like it, why remove it, i heard theres this amazing thing called being able to pick maps, i dunno if youve heard of it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:02:43 pm by 8thRifleRegiment » Logged

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 03:02:59 pm »

need Neuvile mk.2!
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 03:43:25 pm »

Dude you're retarded, everyone knows only noobs play on maps that dont have open fields and hay bales. Oh, and lots and lots and lots of hedgerows, those are pro.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 03:53:06 pm »

Hey guys, im kinda wondering if we could have some interesting maps other then just...open fields and small villages but on differant scales? ohh wait people qq at every map that doesnt follow the "stereotype". If you look at one of the more popular maps recently to arrive -City outskirts, its not our map, but its extremely interesting and its a twist on what we normally get, why cannt we get more interesting maps, bring back the good old diverse maps, like dawn and arnem as some good examples, lets break this damn stereotype of these boring ass maps that end up the same way every time.

Even if we add a map and people dont particularly like it, why remove it, i heard theres this amazing thing called being able to pick maps, i dunno if youve heard of it.

I wholly agree.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 03:57:01 pm »

I wouldn't mind getting people to play maps like the 8 player Villers Bocage.

People are terrified of urban maps. It's like they think the PIAT or flame boogeymen are out to get them.

Hell, I want urban maps and I'm a damned Pershing commander. Buildings can be a nightmare to people who don't know the explicit ins and outs of pathing around them... But once you do, you can have incredible fun using it against people who don't.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 04:14:44 pm »

Hicks, that map is extremely beneficial to some company builds. So on top of being a very boring map it's also very unbalanced.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 04:24:01 pm »

The same could be said of field and haybale maps, where the advantage goes to the Axis with their generally long-range weapons. What needs to be done is to have a good mix of both.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 04:40:43 pm »

Or you just realize that you may not always have the perfect map for your company. Like currently we've been fighting Axis 88/sniper spam on open maps. Oh well.

Put them on a close in map and they will cry.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 04:50:29 pm »

Hicks, that map is extremely beneficial to some company builds. So on top of being a very boring map it's also very unbalanced.

Every map is beneficial to certain company builds. Support weapons favour open maps. Piats, flamethrowers, riflegrenades, mortars and most infantry favour urban maps. Heavy tanks love hedgerow filled maps where they can bottle neck lighter armour and cut them off at their leisure.

So on and so forth.

Therefore, adapt and win. No need to do the same old shit every game because people have a comfort zone.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 05:03:13 pm »

Could you give an example please.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 05:31:07 pm »

Scorched earth with booby traps, incendiary grenades, mortar halftrack, hotch stuka /w incendiary barrage etc.

Royal Engineers with piats, riflenades, mortars, flamethrower sappers, churchill croc etc.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 06:23:10 pm »

The urban maps take alot more micro skill, you cannt just click on a point of the map and let your tank wander over there, you need to watch its every move to ensure its safe journey, you need to more carefully plan placed MGs and mortars, and theres always fighting going on somwhere, wheather its a tank duel in the streets or some volks running across the street while rifleman hop into a building across the street to put down some covering fire for that mortar, sneakily hidden behind that wall. It makes for more interesting games tbh
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 09:00:17 pm »

i would like more urban maps i hate open fields .

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 09:12:02 pm »

Well what we need is new non fail maps. Maps that offer both city and country fighting with the ability to flank on both sides. That's why I like Neuvile because it's just the best overall 3v3 map. We need more maps to follow a formula like this. I also think that carentan would be 300% better if the sides would be opened up more to allow flanking and fighting outside the main city area. Also, fail pathing on certain maps is a huge issue.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 09:39:12 pm »

what gets people raging (especially axis) is maps with SHORT fire ranges

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
SixFingeredMan Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 10:04:32 pm »

@8thRifle

If you WTB a map, I will make one for you for about 59.99 USD.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 11:07:25 pm »

I want a swamp map that represents holland. No one will play it but it is still there for campaign purposes

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 11:17:10 pm »

put a coffeshoop up there. Troops who visit it,get feel no pain for next 5min,cuz they are to high to fucking care about bullets.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 04:19:52 am »

@8thrifle: i like ur idea

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 04:39:32 am »

I want a swamp map that represents holland. No one will play it but it is still there for campaign purposes

Like Flooded Plains from vCOH? (There was a 2vs2 swamp map and it was awful)

But that does not mean that's impossible to create a awesome swamp map.

9th Armoured Engineers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc