Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:19:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meeting summary  (Read 8678 times)
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 27, 2015, 02:32:07 pm »

Thank you for all who participated. Great being able to talk everything through and making some lovely progress and guidance for the future.

Basic summary as i'm back off to bed.

AB and Mando Docs to be used either in full and /or as a baseline. AB to be supplemented in parts with Aeros and Tachibanas. Mandos doc is to be supplemented by Alphas and a few bits from Tach's.

Grens and Shocks were designed around the strongest current doctrine, that being Blitz. Using the Blitz doctrine as guideline for more doctrines in the future.

Shock and Gren super kickass AB doctrine

Shock and Gren super badass Mando doctrine

Docs that don't need to be touched:
Blitz

So doctrines that need a simple tweaking in places:
Terror
Infantry
Armour
RCA
SE
Luftwaffe

Overhaul of most/all:
Defensive
Tank Destroyers
RSE

Repairs: Repairs shall be moving back to engineers with limited useability. Balance discussion on this is pending

If everyone who turned up for the meeting who were invited could pm me, with a few reward units that they would like, i'll see that you get them. As a thanks for spending your own personal time to help me and the mod.

Thanks guys, more threads shall be up when i get up later on.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 03:41:51 pm by Mister Schmidt » Logged
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 02:40:05 pm »

Could you guys link the gren/david drafts? Didn't save from ts >.>

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 03:41:28 pm »

Shock and Gren super kickass AB doctrine

Shock and Gren super badass Mando doctrine

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
rolcsika0128 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 03:52:47 pm »

Repairs: Repairs shall be moving back to engineers with limited useability. Balance discussion on this is pending

A big, Big, BIG NO. What makes you think it is necessary to change one of the key features / fundamentals of the game?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your effort (I really do), but some things just don't need to change. Repair system is one of them imo.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 04:23:49 pm »

Haha, extra range on Airborne.....
Who wouldve thought of that

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
105TigerHunters Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 04:35:58 pm »

A big, Big, BIG NO. What makes you think it is necessary to change one of the key features / fundamentals of the game?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your effort (I really do), but some things just don't need to change. Repair system is one of them imo.

The engineer system has always been better personally I think its a good call.

SnoOp: Hey Undead No one likes you k?

omgNiko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 05:17:29 pm »

Entirely agree with Rolc, just tweak units and doc's.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 06:21:50 pm »

I would actually like to personally say thank you to everyone who took the time to work on and submit a draft, I know how much work goes into doing them and it is truly appreciated that you care enough about the mod to take the time to help out.

Although unfortunately we couldn't pick them all, every single one that we didn't pick had at least one really cool idea that I think we will be putting into whatever the final outcome happens to be, so well done on your innovations.

Another thing to remember is that although the doctrines linked above are a 'final draft' if you like, they will most likely be changed before implementation, so please don't get too up in arms about them as they currently stand.

It seems like we're going through another transitional period as players of this mod, I know a lot of you guys have seen all this before, and I know some of you haven't, and I know some of you just don't care and want to play.

Unfortunately we have been stagnant for a while, any old-timer will tell you we've had those periods on and off for years, but I'm confident that we can pick the pace up again, and hopefully return our player base to a higher level. Maybe one day EiR2 really will become a reality Smiley

And a final thanks to Scotzmen for stepping in and getting things done, we've never had such quick progression around here and it's really refreshing, so guys please don't take that for granted.

Final note - this is not a balance or arguing thread, it's just an announcement for you guys that didn't catch the meeting.

If you want to discuss the outcomes of the doctrines, that needs to be done in a separate balance thread.

I know we're a small, splintered and sometimes downright nasty community, but you guys are the heart of the mod. Thanks for sticking around.

- Schmidt
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:32:03 pm by Mister Schmidt » Logged
koimn6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 06:33:53 pm »

is this final coy for mando?..

HOPE FOR MANDO! GLORIOUS!

Quote from: Mister Schmidt link=topic=28726.msg494081;#msg49408
50mm has always been fine exactly as it is, nothing is happening to it.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 07:30:18 pm »

is this final coy for mando?..

Another thing to remember is that although the doctrines linked above are a 'final draft' if you like, they will most likely be changed before implementation, so please don't get too up in arms about them as they currently stand.

sigh............

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
koimn6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 07:31:34 pm »

sigh............

ic
AlphaTIG Offline
The actual account of AlphaTIG
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 09:51:32 am »

Do you realise what this means? it basicly means the unlimited use of a single or multiple strong (most likely high vet) tanks, such as tiger ace, king tiger, super pershing, crusader aa, panzer 2 etc. in one game, since it will become much harder to force those tanks off the field by dealing damage in the defensive. So you'll basicly have to hunt them, to get them off. This will result in extreme gameplay and company build changes, which will make a lot of units almost useless and the strongest vehicles even stronger.
So:

p.s. just imagine a vet 5 crusader aa with unlimited repairs...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:05:44 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged
Hobomancer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 11:35:58 am »

Blitz is hardly the strongest doctrine in the game, Though these are certainly up there.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 11:56:55 am »

Blitz is hardly the strongest doctrine in the game, Though these are certainly up there.

this is probably why no one takes you very seriously herrpants.

it was general agreement in the meeting that blitz was the strongest it was not just one person who decided it was the strongest.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 12:04:00 pm »

We agreed specifically that Lightning War was the best T4 in the game, which was what EG and ShockCoils doctrines were based on in terms of strength
Hobomancer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 12:11:46 pm »

We agreed specifically that Lightning War was the best T4 in the game, which was what EG and ShockCoils doctrines were based on in terms of strength

Man i wish i had some of what you guys were smoking while discussing this.
Hobomancer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 12:12:34 pm »

this is probably why no one takes you very seriously herrpants.

it was general agreement in the meeting that blitz was the strongest it was not just one person who decided it was the strongest.

Explain to me then why blitz is the strongest? Because as far as i see right now you either go PE or you go home.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 12:14:25 pm »

Lightning War is by far and away the most powerful T4 in the game, it always has been for near enough as long as I've been here.

People don't realise this because they think it's 'boring', or they'd rather play with Elite Armour Grens or buffed Tigers, but the no call in timer on Lightning War is absolutely insane, it allows you to put so much pressure on your opponent it's unreal. Go and try it out!
Hobomancer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 12:18:51 pm »

Lightning War is by far and away the most powerful T4 in the game, it always has been for near enough as long as I've been here.

People don't realise this because they think it's 'boring', or they'd rather play with Elite Armour Grens or buffed Tigers, but the no call in timer on Lightning War is absolutely insane, it allows you to put so much pressure on your opponent it's unreal. Go and try it out!

If it actually did reduce call in to 0 seconds i could agree but it does not so i cant.
koimn6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 05:52:41 pm »

If it actually did reduce call in to 0 seconds i could agree but it does not so i cant.

The man dont wanna lose his candy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc