Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:11:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] [terror] Marksmen shot  (Read 8077 times)
BigDick
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 09:20:37 am »

?

i meant its free according to doctrine unlocks while the gren marksmen is a T3

People wake up. Marksman shoot is combat ability, so it is much better on more powerfull unit than on scouting unit with very low combat performance. You rarely buy recons for combat (unless spam), you buy them for scouting or sniper hunting.

I usually buy recon tommis for "combat"
in many of my brit companies each of the double inf callins are 1 recon tommy + 1 (bren or vanilla) tommy

e.g. if i detect a 300MP 320mun doubleschreck storm squad and sniped one guy that tommy quad hit hard and killed 25% of the squad instantly (i call that combat) if it had vet its even 33% of the acceptable squad loses until need for retreat
if i need to recrew some support weapons i can use the 5 men recon squad and got a recrewed support weapon and a 2 men low pop recon squad with still all its abilities
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 02:17:19 pm »

i used to run a bunch of tommys on my old brit company and they are great, id have them in twos, bring them on recrew some atgs or what have you, and just bring them up for their sniper shot, heck, they pick up an lmg you'll be getting them to vet two and three no problem. by the end of it i had like 4 vet 3 recons, bring them on, recrew weapons and i had a sniper shot every like 200 seconds or something like that.

also the thing with grens having sniper shot is give them fearless and they can snipe and mg, then proceed to kill it before it even starts to do any amount of damage.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 02:56:32 pm »

i used to run a bunch of tommys on my old brit company and they are great, id have them in twos, bring them on recrew some atgs or what have you, and just bring them up for their sniper shot, heck, they pick up an lmg you'll be getting them to vet two and three no problem. by the end of it i had like 4 vet 3 recons, bring them on, recrew weapons and i had a sniper shot every like 200 seconds or something like that.

also the thing with grens having sniper shot is give them fearless and they can snipe and mg, then proceed to kill it before it even starts to do any amount of damage.

Recons are doing this too. Where is the issue? Snipe the gunner and run up to the mg andk ill it. Plus you can see that MG from far away (Recon has better LoS than a Gren squad). So T3 35 mun ability disables 20 mun non tier MG. I ask again, where is the issue? :p

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 04:27:15 pm »

The thing is that Recons are very limted as to what they can do. 

I see both sides.

Side 1.
An LMG Squad can stay in cover, dmg inf, and snipe a guy immediatly reducing combat infantry and creating more chances to crit the squad and kill it off and force it to retreat. 
-- Also, A shrek Squad now has a very powerful Anti infantry platform to make some anti in contributions as well, Making it a ver well rouded support wepon, more effective overall then any inf at platform, especially with a nade on it as well. 

Side 2.
They are a 4 man squad, main line inf, that is not overly powerful, and it cost 35 MU to field that upgrade and it has PP teir cost so only High levels can get it and since nothing else has the upgrades they have listed, this should not either... 

My counter to Side 1
ITs not to bad to deal with it in that situation, you can kill off the squads you have generally 5-6 men, just have to be more carfule i guess.

I agree with Side 2... 
Snipers and Tommy Squads all represen the upgrade, either in the unit, or with the symbol.  This should be for them as well.  Why?  The sniper shot is that powerful.

If a sniper is 7 pop cap, and cost 200 Mu, Granted it has its own inate benefits, but also many more draw backs,  Why should this unit be alowed to run around without detection of any kind? 

So every gren squad for a terror account you fear has it?  Stikies, You know you don;t go near rifles, especially vet 2 because if you do you know the stiki will come, but it still does nto completly cripple the unit, A sniper shot can cripple the unit.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 04:37:19 pm »

So every gren squad for a terror account you fear has it?  Stikies, You know you don;t go near rifles, especially vet 2 because if you do you know the stiki will come, but it still does nto completly cripple the unit, A sniper shot can cripple the unit.

do you even know what you are saying? A eng dmg tank is completely crippled piece of metal that needs to repair imidiately,or he will just die...1 man down from 5/6 man squad is not crippled squad...

Snipers and Tommy Squads all represen the upgrade, either in the unit, or with the symbol.  This should be for them as well.  Why?  The sniper shot is that powerful.

and what when you have lmg or schreck too on grens? which symbol will it be seen?

Also, A shrek Squad now has a very powerful Anti infantry platform to make some anti in contributions as well, Making it a ver well rouded support wepon, more effective overall then any inf at platform, especially with a nade on it as well.

and now costs 190mun on 4man squad with all those upgrades,yes,OP!!!!

If a sniper is 7 pop cap, and cost 200 Mu, Granted it has its own inate benefits, but also many more draw backs,
if snipers had more drawback than benefits,no one would use them,period.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 07:47:05 pm »

Not a completely crippled tank, Because engine dmg does not mean it can;t fight back... It just means its slower... 

Isn;t brit recons hard capped as well???  So isn't the argument should be so should this upgrade? 

Again 35 mu upgrade to kill a guy in a squad, when grens are probably the most used inf int he game already... 

Its like adding Vet sgts into quads, IF you don;t take this it would be idiotic.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 11:44:00 pm »

Not a completely crippled tank, Because engine dmg does not mean it can;t fight back... It just means its slower... 

Isn;t brit recons hard capped as well???  So isn't the argument should be so should this upgrade? 

Again 35 mu upgrade to kill a guy in a squad, when grens are probably the most used inf int he game already... 

Its like adding Vet sgts into quads, IF you don;t take this it would be idiotic.

Recons are not capped they are just more expensive poolwise (MYYYYSTHALIIIN! >=( ).
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 11:48:46 pm »

Not a completely crippled tank, Because engine dmg does not mean it can;t fight back... It just means its slower..

ok,next time you get eng dmg please dont repair your tank untill it's low on health,only then retreat to safety and repair...see how it goes for you...
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 11:32:48 am »

and what when you have lmg or schreck too on grens? which symbol will it be seen?

Hmm, I think it is possible, you have upgrade icon up the squad one, and it is possible to put over it. I was doing it on tanks, but there was a one problem- icon over squad one was visible only when you selected it
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc