Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:50:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two things about the mod  (Read 5499 times)
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« on: March 09, 2011, 12:18:18 pm »

I'm posting a thread where I'm asking everyone in the community to post two things about the mod.
I would like for everyone to post something that you enjoy about the mod, but also something that you would like to improve the mod. Do not mention the development team. Do not mention people leaving or "doing their job" or anything like that. If there's something that you would like to see done BY the development team, then put it under your "something to improve" comment.

Example: Instead of saying (I'll pick on brn4meplz) burn needs to fix the color of the ranger uniforms (or whatever), say "I would like for the ranger uniform color to be fixed" under your something to improve comment.

This is meant to be constructive, and also to allow for people to voice their opinions in a friendly manor. Please don't forget to post something that you like about the mod first, because if there's something that you don't want to lose when changes are made... you might want to mention those things.

I'll start....

1) What I like about the mod is the ability to customize my own unique faction. A faction that can be used in conjunction with other team member's factions to defeat enemy players. I enjoy the persistent gameplay, and the "rpg" elements, which can make the game fun enough to play over and over again.

2) What I would like to improve about the mod is the implementation process. I would like for all of the doctrines to be released at the same time instead of two or so at a time. There are two reasons why I would like this: It would allow for players to get to enjoy every doctrine all at once, and it would allow for the development/balance teams to focus on balance after the doctrines are released... instead of during the time when doctrines are being implemented.  

Yes this has to do with the development team thread. I'm not picking on anyone in particular, but I am allowing for people with strong opinions to post in this thread... without pissing anybody off. Pissing devs off doesn't work. I know you care about the mod, and I know that's why you're posting passionate comments in other threads. Please post your concerns responsibly here. Thank you.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 12:23:14 pm »

Yes! Picked first!

1) I enjoy the constantly changing and evolving challenge and enjoy fighting stacks.(I have never bought a single player only game)

2) The colour of ranger uniforms... No seriously, Tank Hunters fully working. I've been trying to push to get the Bergetiger fixed for a solid year now. I'd love to see that doctrine all fleshed out and working properly

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 12:49:51 pm »

Alright, my two pence.

1) I enjoy the gameplay. It's not about build orders or routines, it's about how well you build your company, and how well you can use it. It's quite a refined form of skill, and I still haven't mastered it after 2 years, and I doubt I ever will due to the constantly changing meta game.

2) The balance needs work; the doctrines specifically. All of the doctrines suffer from a lack of direction, or an excess of ridiculous abilities. A key example of two clashing doctrine abilities in the same doctrine... HVAP and HE Rounds.

HVAP is my idea of a nicely built doctrine choice. The penetration increase allows you to effectively stand your ground against Panthers and Tigers, even taking them on if you remain in range; you can also do some damage to a KT, but not hope to win. Jagdpanthers will still make a meal of you. This is good, as a Panther can still win if he micro's better than you, and a Tiger still has it's decent chance to penetrate you anyhow, so if luck is on their side, they can potentially still win. Your effective counters, being Pak's, 88's, Marder's, 50mm HT's, etc... All still viable counters to you.

HE Rounds on the other hand... This ability will remove infantry based counters from being a threat entirely. Two shreck squads? No problem. Pak? One shot it. 50mm or Marder? You lose no effectiveness against them by keeping HE Rounds in the breach, while still retaining your ability to kill their support.

TL;DR Version: Make doctrines more subtle in their application.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Piotrskivich Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 01:06:06 pm »

1. I like the absence of base building, I have always loved to see units coming on the edge of the map.

2. I don't think there should be any units that have a radius which benefits neighboring units. Officers are fine if they can only help one thing at a time. Helping multiple just encourages blobs which are ugly and make the game feel less World War 2.

WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 01:59:01 pm »

1. I love the amount of randomness that happens in a game (Ie: 3v3 all Axis start with an Ostwind and together they shoot down a recon plane into the Axis units.)

2. I would like to see the American Officer fixed, sometimes I cant tell if his Aura is working or not because it doesn't show a glow underneath the unit and the Smole Barrage should be called Smoke barrage.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:23:20 pm by WildZontar » Logged

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 02:06:23 pm »

1. I love having unique units that are only in my doctrine, even if i don't like using them all the time, it gives me something that i can build a company around which makes things really fun and interesting.

2. Would like some more unique units, i really like having things no one else has.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 03:17:22 pm »

1. EIRR is unique as its the only game of its kind which keeps me coming back because there is literally nothing elsr out in the world.. yet.

2. i wish Blitz got its old spark back by having 1 doctrine tree specifically for buffing tanks

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 03:48:18 pm »

The whole reason I came to love EIR in general is they took the best part of an RTS and got rid of the worst part, then have made the whole experience simply amazing. I don't have to sit there and get resources or figure out which order i have to build stuff. If it weren't for EIR, I would of stopped playing CoH ages ago. I get to build an entire company and see how it plays out and hope I have the proper counters for my opponents. With no buildings, or upgrades, or resources on the battlefield it lets you focus on what's most fun, combat!

The only thing that I think needs a little improvement is it would be great if US could get more diversity, ie more non-doctrinal units. Look at PE, that have undergone a huge change from what they started off as with all sorts of new units. The same goes for brits, but to a lesser extent, and wher has always had lots of diversity. I feel there are niches that could be filled in the US with some new units.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 07:25:27 pm »

This is a good thread to read Wink

The two things I like:

1.  The ability to 'challenge' other players to a sort of rock, paper, scissors competition (in company composition) that can be influenced by the players / teams skills.

2.  Persistancy.  Which I hope to really bring out in the Warmap beta patch (not Alpha btw guys)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 08:35:54 pm »

1.)  The Pure Creativity i can have with company builds that can work, and doctrines that can make those companies shine... Especially niche companies in 3v3 or 4v4 games where they make the combined might of an entire team play right into my hands and I mold the battle field as if it were puddy in my hands.

2.)  Uniqueness of the factions, Right now the Doctrines make certain Factions Unique... But without those the flavor of the Faction is lost....  There should be 4 distinctive and separate Factions.   Not many games have ever been able to accomplish this and it is a lofty goal, mainly because within 4 Completely Unique Factions, there is suppose to be 3 doctrine trees that can change the face of of those factions... 

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 09:13:24 pm »

1) Mudafaking tactics/gameplay! The most important thing ever. Your micro vs My Micro

Who is faster? Who brought up the better plan? Who is about to get muthafucking ambushed?!?!?!?!?

2)Persistancy

Should I increase the offencive power of my vet 3 jagdpanther or should I increase the strength of the units supporting it?

Oh the options....

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 09:17:33 pm »

My two things about the mod.

1.) I used to play tabletop warhammer, which functions alot like our company building and how our armies work. It's something im very comfortable with. I also like large RTS games with overworlds and moving armies around like they are on a table board, like the Total war series. (what I play outside of CoH)

EIRR takes both these interests and mashes them together into my favorite competitive RTS. The thought that we are going to have an overworld, with competitive game play and macro army management excites the fuck out of me.

2.) One thing I would change is to have a robot that does all the PR work for me. Cheesy

P.S., I think that we shall be adopting this "two things" format for future discussion about patches and other content.

What does everyone think about this? Saying something that you like about the patch before you can say what you do not like about the patch would be a great way to convey constructive criticism and praise at the same time and the Devs would really like it if we could make this kind of thread "official" for future change discussion.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:21:20 pm by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

pandaExpress Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 10:17:42 pm »

1~i like to have epic fun with so called under powered units or that no one uses

2~i want to add a accept changes pop up after you click delete company(like doctrine deselecting)

they tell me i'm weird i tell them their normal
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 11:24:33 pm »

1. Persistency - When I bought CoH last April it was for the sole intention of playing this mod.  A couple months earlier I had gone back to playing iterations of the Close Combat series which models realism and persistency and decided to look for another game that offered similar aspects with more dynamic gameplay.  Found out about EiRR on google, bought CoH and never looked back.

2. Company design - I like to design my own machine of death   
VanOwen Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 08:40:30 am »

1. The fact that losing units is important.  You can't just make more, you have only the units that you brought with you and nothing more.  It forces you to care for your units which should be important in any RTS.

2. Random option for game creation.  Meaning it might be a meeting engagement, it might be re-enforcments, etc...  No one knows until they get there.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 11:42:37 am »

1. I love the community ^^ The reason i stayed, and have stayed, is the community, to know the people you played with, to have the jokes and discussions, over vent comradeship ^^ Now I know some of you may think this seems as brown nosing, but this is my main reason, sure other than this the warhammer and total war influences that Ground talks about are the same for me. But the big reason is the consistensy in people ^^

2. I would like the vet system to be improved to the level that when a units hits a certain degree it becomes a "legend" or similar, so you get to name it or alike ^^

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 12:37:03 pm »

1: Community, I hang around to play with people I like.

2: Factions are rather similar at the moment, more defining t3 and t4 options, remove the idea that 2 t3 = t3 + t4, does not function well, usually end up with either OP t3's or UP t4's.

AND

3: MORE GAME MODES
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:38:47 pm by AmPM » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc