Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:50:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone help plz?  (Read 10579 times)
M1d Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: January 09, 2011, 12:43:27 pm »

Not sure if I'm putting this thread in the right place.. :/ (So Mods feel free to move it, if need be.)

Ok, I'm quite new to EiR:R still atm, I think I have a grand total of around 60 games played between the release of the new launcher and now. I don't actually think I'm THE worst EiR:R player atm, but I doubt I'm even looked upon as a reasonable player either.

This really needs to change because I love this game so much that I'm not willing to quit it, or become one of those unfortunate players that nobody wants to play with. Sadly I have seen this recently, which has helped inspire me to ask for help now before it's too late. >.<

So.. Can any of you Vets take me under your wing for a while?

I have vent and I'm ready and willing to use it. (Most of my wins have come from talking on vent during games.) I can be on most nights after 19:30 UK time, both vent and launcher until early hours.

I'm willing to learn and definitely ready to listen to any advice anyone can give me. critics also welcome. It all helps. xD

M1d. Smiley

Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 01:07:39 pm »

You should ask hicks. He's really pro.

[/snicker]

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 01:16:08 pm »

Haters gonna hate.

On topic, I would help, but I'm a piss poor teacher, and myself and M1d have already had this conversation.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 01:21:59 pm »

Best best lacking someone who agrees to teach you your best bet is to get in games with good player and ask them to be short tempered and critical of your gameplay.

If I could play EiR right Now I'd happily watch your units in game and scream all game long  at you for being slow.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 01:23:27 pm »

M1d, do you have FRAPs or any kind of program that can record you playing?

What Ive always found to help increase skills are:

1. Watch every replay you have of yourself playing and identify why you lost that game
2. Watch replays shoutcasts of other players to see what they do in that situation. Study coy builds etc.
3. Record yourself playing with FRAPs and ask someone who knows what they're doing to review the video, that way they can "see" what you are doing.

You really cant teach reaction timing to anyone but through this someone else can accurately gauge your level of control over unit micro, hotkey usage and, well i guess the time it takes you to process combat situations and enemy strategy.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 01:24:19 pm »

m1d i played with you the other day, you arent that bad. you even supported my pershing etc. look me up when you are online i will try to find some stomp victims for us

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 01:25:53 pm »

just to let you know that nomatter how bad you are you will never be as bad as me at this game, 400 games and counting and i still am one of the worst players on this mod that is not a newb or a noob.  Embarrassed

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 01:29:17 pm »

The answer to the question you seek is a question as well, M1Ds.

Do you have enough volks?

M1d Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 02:37:42 pm »

Thanks for the response guys. <3

Lol @ Mysth.

@ Smokaz: Tyvm dude, logging in now btw. Tongue

@ Ground: I will see if I can get Smokaz to put a few of our games to come in the replay section, so anyone that is interested can criticise my play.

@ Brn: I look forward to your return, as I genuinely believe that would help a lot tbh. xD
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 03:08:21 pm »

Moved to strategy Smiley

Post your replays if you want some specific advice on your playstyle, it usually helps.
I think I can recall playing with you a very long time ago, I didn't think you were all that bad to be honest.
(So I don't see why people would start avoiding you)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 03:15:28 pm »

The people who will avoid you are the same people who avoid anybody not in their special little elitest group. Commonly used to stomp, smurf, grief.  More often than not, these same people think a win lose ratio is more important than life itself.

However, luckily for you, there are people in this community that play for the fun of the mod. We really don't give a shit who we play with and just try to have a good time.
We will usually have terrible win lose ratios because we really don't give a shit about stats and will play with anyone. As long as you have vent, I am always willing to play.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 05:53:23 pm »

People openly dodge one player. One player above all.

Duke von Volk. This name creates fear within the allied players and they wet their pants from wee.

Mysthalin

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 08:07:14 pm »

Hes not unbeatable. I won a game against him with 2 pro players. One of them being ponyslaystation. Dunno if his teammates were noobs lol.

But yh, when mysth arrives you know your either going to deffintly lose, or deffinly win. Depending on the side. Or you bail like a bastard as fast as you can Tongue
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 12:27:09 am »

The people who will avoid you are the same people who avoid anybody not in their special little elitest group. Commonly used to stomp, smurf, grief. 

This.  And watch as many replays as possible paying attention to "good" players.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 12:29:45 am »

M1D is pretty good, better than some people who I"ve seen here a long time, i just played him and i had some issues vs him. He knows how to use his flame engies thats for sure lol. we barely won that game.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 01:34:30 am »

i can back tym up on that.

M1D, is a fair player. Loves his flame engies Tongue
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 01:50:33 am »

People openly dodge one player. One player above all.

Duke von Volk. This name creates fear within the allied players and they wet their pants from wee.

Mysthalin

I'm flattered by that, Speedy - but Lai would probably generate higher ammounts of fear and dodge in the launcher than me.

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 02:59:43 am »

who is this Lai?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 03:09:34 am »

The day when Lai's name reigned with fear over our lands is long gone.

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 03:16:47 am »

was he good enough to scare smokaz and elitegren?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc