Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:59:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM]Blitzkrieg]Precision Strike  (Read 18076 times)
Smokaz4
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2009, 03:00:06 pm »

The real blitzkrieg would be stugs/p4s/stuh's hugged by volks and flamers with conviction, battle hardened, assault grenades and keep it moving. What a sexy ass company and playstyle that would be.
Caarnus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2009, 03:03:36 pm »

Im not saying that this needs to be a 3 wave attack where a shit ton of off map units rolls onto the field and kills everything. What I am saying is that it would be a lot more useful to have a dive bomber attack that drops 1 or 2 bombs with a little scatter, rather than one single arty round that misses 90% of the time.

Evil incarnate, devourer of sensitive n00bs, scourge of battlefield, crusader of sanity
speigas

anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2009, 03:18:23 pm »

Im not saying that this needs to be a 3 wave attack where a shit ton of off map units rolls onto the field and kills everything. What I am saying is that it would be a lot more useful to have a dive bomber attack that drops 1 or 2 bombs with a little scatter, rather than one single arty round that misses 90% of the time.

I agree.  The single arty round is definatly hit or miss.  I mean come on the ability is called "Precision Strike".  It doesnt live up to his name very well.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2009, 03:19:35 pm »

Meh, have you seen the 105 offmap in action these days? You are lucky to take out a mortar or a pak with it.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2009, 03:26:20 pm »

even rocket arty can be pretty bogus, i dropped it on 3 tommies squads, put it in the middle, they didn't move and only one squad was hurt enough to get called off field. if it didn't have drift it would of knocked out all 3 no problem. drift can really hurt an offmap =/ no matter how wide it is, well maybe not firestorm so much.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Caarnus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2009, 03:26:57 pm »

Maybe we need to look at the big picture then, and revisit drift? Personally I don't like off maps at all, but they are a necessary evil.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2009, 03:33:41 pm »

if you want to fix precision strike, just remove the red smoke. its just a t2
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 03:39:13 pm »

i like the idea that off maps are less common than they once were, with their reduced numbers. but reduced numbers and drift. i mean with drift, that takes out any skill there was using an off map. but if you increase the drop time, which we could say would help balance it, it would take far too long. its a tricky thing, but hopefully they will figure out how to balance it.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2009, 03:48:02 pm »

Imo all offmaps should be added as individual(and tweaked) barrage abilities to onmap units.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Caarnus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2009, 03:51:34 pm »

I like the idea of less off maps in general. Make someone really think about using your 1 or 2 off maps that you have available. That way you can buff your off maps back to what they were before they were changed. Maybe precision strike will be decent then.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2009, 03:53:43 pm »

Blitz are no forced to only use the offmap when alot of support weapons are bunched up, yet i find it so hilarious that i see offmaps being used on just 1 of my mortars, hitting nothing else but one mortar that they aimed for, abit ironic right?

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Caarnus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2009, 04:02:18 pm »

Thats kind of funny, mine miss about 90% of the time. It doesn't matter if I am firing at 1 unit, or a blob.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2009, 04:33:27 pm »

but caarnus could offmap uses be put to anything less than they are now? right now WM rocket arty is 1 free use and 1 extra use at 5pps. So would it really be worth getting a T3 of rocket arty if you only have 1 use of it? I don't think anyone would get any kind of arty with less uses.

also making off maps connected to units would be a really cool idea. I mean we already have some that are. but the beauty of an off map is it's used to take out support, and you usually can't get close to support units to use it.
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2009, 04:44:37 pm »

drift kinda makes this thing fail pretty badly, though there is a random chance of it helping.  I like the no smoke idea.  BUT, sometimes I use the smoke to scare away suppress troops.... who knows these things!

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
Caarnus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2009, 05:06:29 pm »

@ RikiRude that is kind of my point. Why not limit the uses even further and improve the efficiency of the strikes. If you only have one use of an off map it could be real devistating. The only thing is you would have to really think about using your one strike that you have. Offmaps shouldn't be spammed, they should be something that you really have to think about using. Should I use it now or should I save it for the superblob later?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2009, 06:29:31 pm »

@ RikiRude that is kind of my point. Why not limit the uses even further and improve the efficiency of the strikes. If you only have one use of an off map it could be real devistating. The only thing is you would have to really think about using your one strike that you have. Offmaps shouldn't be spammed, they should be something that you really have to think about using. Should I use it now or should I save it for the superblob later?

Ah quite true. If something like rocket arty which is T3 was scary enough to make the person consider hitting the retreat button as soon as they see the smoke, than I could see how powerful that could be. Or if smoke was removed as soon as a shell lands it scares them into a retreat (thinking of vetted units that people wouldn't want to lose).
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2009, 11:18:01 am »

Thye smoke is just as usefull if not more than the strike, Pop a strike, and move in, theya re scattering, and worried firestorm, or rocket arty, mainly firestorm. 

If you want to make it better, MAke it able to buy a 3rd use or a 4th.  LEave it as it is at this point.  ITs not an I win button, there is a chance otf accomplishign your off map oal but its not going to gib anything. 

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2009, 02:36:34 pm »

start with removing the t4 offmaps. and if you want a replacement for that t4, either buff the offmaps you have right now, or get all uses for free
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2009, 04:09:17 pm »

were trying to balance what is essentialy a doctrine muni advantage in FOO->OFF form.

we cant say "free units are OP"
but we can buff  units to make it as if you had more of them.

but a unit buff, or different units requires micro and spreads its payoff over time. an offmap is like owning a KT anywhere on the map for 10 seconds. you can't compare it to say having a KT the whole game.

No pop, limited control, no retreat+heal+reinforce makes these too difficult to balance. our best bet is to live with it the way it is now. drift was now a nessesary change to eveyrthing and since only planes are unaffected its unfair.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2009, 08:34:30 pm »

Drift should be indicated and constant in the game.

If you reduce the number of actual off maps you hurt the smaller games, especially with larger maps. As was pointed out, an off map usually does not compare to a constant powerful unit that is on field for a long time but if can be used properly (much harder with drift now) it can change the battle at a critical moment, like making support weapons move before pushing. Much like a Heavy Tank late game.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:37:45 pm by Lemures » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc