Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:29:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Board Mechanics.  (Read 33343 times)
Spitfire92 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: January 05, 2009, 08:23:41 pm »

It is a little too high, the rate it repairs. Someone did a test on it, here's the link to the post regarding it. http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=6611.0

In short. It repairs 1.33 hp per second. Shorter, 7 and a half minutes to fully repair a to-the-brink-of-extinction sherman. And that's by itself. With the specced engies (comes with the t4), it's about 4 minutes.

To compare with the axis repair bunker- .66hp per second for one bunker. Full 600 hp repair of a P4 is 15 minutes. two repair bunkers with a pio is about 5 minutes.

On board mechanics is a really good t4, but it's repair rate is WAY too fast. Honostly it needs to be more passive and subtle, if anything the rate should be lowered to the standard pio/engie repair rate of .66hp per second. Perferably lower. I know that axis tanks were harder to repair, historically, but americans couldn't just rub magic juice on their armor either.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 08:25:17 pm by Spitfire92 » Logged
Bodybag2224-Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 08:47:26 pm »

Has been left totally untouched for a bunch of wars, and is really only as good as ones micro. Yet it is now OP. If onboard is made more passive and subtle I want the same done to heavy support, German Steal, HEAT rounds, Tank Reapers, Weapon Surplus, Stacked.

And how rare is it to see 2 repair bunkers and a pio in a game compared to onboard? There are definently more repair bunker duos then there are onboard players. The T4 is fine in the hands of a good player it is godly, in the hands of a noob it is worthless.

Profiles: BoDyBaG2224
M26ArmedCav
ThinTag by TripleTags.com" border="0
http://bodybag2224.myminicity.com/
AmPmAllied Offline
509th Airborne
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 08:58:48 pm »

While true, 2 RBs and a Pio will not repair 4 tanks at a time =)

OB + Tank Command = win.

509th Airborne
Bodybag2224-Armor Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 09:00:57 pm »

Once tank command is fixed that is. Currently you need to be a person with no life to get the amount of CPs for that T3 and OB.

But again, it is only as good as the person using it. It doesn't make the tanks or anything stronger, just makes them last, which is great in itself but compared to things like HEAT rounds which makes any tank just outright stronger or GS which makes any tank just outright unable to be killed unless the player falls asleep.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 09:01:48 pm »

what does it matter? an axis player can still bring out an early pather, get it knocked down to low heath, retreat it to a repair bunker and then bring it back in later to wreck havoc Every axis side gets repair bunkers, while OBM is a t4 in the armour doctrine and hell, AB dont get anything to repair or heal anything while all axis infantry and support weapons gets med packs and at vet 1 get a heal rate, so quit it.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
AmPmAllied Offline
509th Airborne
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 09:49:54 pm »

Ab don't need to, AB with a Triage is godlike. If you think Repair bunkers are a problem, then kill them. I have 2 AB squads setup with satchels for that reason.

GS and HEAT are both scary if used well. But please, anyone that brings an early Panther is just asking to get outcapped.
Deterrence Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 11:55:19 pm »

Axis repair bunkers arent even tier abilities, but in mass + pios they can easily be just as good.  I personally think axis just arent used to losing tank battles vs tanks, but lets take away the onboards so everyone will just play airborn next.
Mysthalin_Terror Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 06:33:59 am »

Noone's asking for a removal of OBM, or a replacement for it.
It's only a NERF that's being asked.
it repairs at 1,33 HP/s on a sherman. At 1,98 HP/s(!) - a Pershing. It repairs multiple tanks/vehicles at once.
It can not be negated by killing a defenseless building/two man squad. It does not cost 160 munitions or 110 manpower + 2 pop per repairer to use.
It is simply overpowered.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 07:05:01 am »

I think Onboard Mechanics simply repairs too fast...you can just retreat the sherman and then return it after a moment or two to shoot again. It could be lower than its orginal for now...I don't ask it to be lower than Bunker repair but I don't ask it to be higher than that either.

Its not the über OP or a game turner. But neither is Repair Bunker. It might repair a tank that was dmged close to death but it takes long time in minutes to field it back if there is only one left xD

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
HighVelocity Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 07:45:44 am »

It is so good cos it repairs constantly all the time, while axis have to stand on same spot out of combat waiting for repair.
UnLimiTeD2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 07:47:28 am »

I vote for either disabling it while fighting or making it a T3 with half strengh and having a Field Repairs T4 with extended duration and more uses.
;/

this threads will obviously never die, and I dumb guy even contribute... -.-
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 08:38:59 am »

It does repair too fast, and in conditions which are far superior to the axis repairs.

Repair bunkers aren't easy to kill but if you have an AB player as an ally you can easily do so. Many weapons the allies have can easily circumvent defences and destroy repair bunkers, artillery included.

2 pop is a pain to use, as a result I often abstain from using repair bunkers to be honest as 2 pop can seriously hurt when one can bring units out.

Engineers and onboard means shermans can be back in the fight quite rapidly.

Good skill required for OB? I don't think the skill required to use it well is above half, reverse backwards when hurt and repair up. With a pershing even less skill is required, rush in heedlessly, take damage and then fall back and slowly 'repair' = victory.

Before people claim it's because I get owned in tank v tank battles, it isn't. Do I think it should be removed? No. Do I think it should be depowered slightly? Yes. Same with tank reapers, move it down, it doesn't need to be removed, even 50% would be very powerful and I'm guessing still used often and very useful.

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 09:03:25 am »

Good skill required for OB? I don't think the skill required to use it well is above half, reverse backwards when hurt and repair up. With a pershing even less skill is required, rush in heedlessly, take damage and then fall back and slowly 'repair' = victory.

Rofl.. hahahah obviously you havenīt fucking played with allied armor companies never lol....

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 09:10:36 am »

Rofl.. hahahah obviously you havenīt fucking played with allied armor companies never lol....

Agree it looks easy, but it isn't
martin_the_monkey1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 09:12:33 am »

i play allied armour im happy for On Board Mechanics to get a nerf or even be replaced just as soon as my upgun Shermans with Tungsten Tipping (20% penetration)  can win a fight vs a standard p4 more the 50% of the time when it come down to a slugging match and when most there shots stop bouncing of a panthers side armour
MannfredvonRitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 09:16:00 am »

It's a slight exageration, but never the less, pershings are easier to use than a KT. Due to the 'sticky dynamic' (and tank reapers). Make a mistake with a KT and it gets stickied and killed. Make a mistake with the pershing and get hurt, unless it's a huge mistake. Their higher speed also helps them in terms of retreating from battle and getting away in order to repair. Whilst my tiger needs to survive and get to a repair bunker your pershing can sit just back from the battle and support whilst repairing or even skirmish lightly whilst repairing.

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 09:29:08 am »

but you can get heat rounds with a tiger or conviction......
UnLimiTeD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 09:39:10 am »

Or heavy support on the paks to drive tanks off so far you can break through their lines as it's still 16 pop.
Also stickies fail a third of the time against KTs, just as mines do(well, of course a mine can immobilise a fullhealth KT, but it's rare).
Getting a HEAT Blitz Tiger or conviction Panther will likely kill a Pershing, but thats use based.
Which is why I would like onboard and Field Rep switched Cheesy.

Hey, it's not going to happen
PrydainAllies Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 09:47:56 am »

OBM YOUR MUM.

On July 25, 1909 Louis Blériot was the first man to fly from France, across the English Channel to Britain in a monoplane aircraft and on July 26, 1909 work on the anti-aircraft gun began. - Al Murry talking about necessity.
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 09:50:15 am »

I vote for either disabling it while fighting

When Tales of Valor comes out, AFAIK Relic is adding in an 'in-combat' (probably whether the squad is firing/is being fired upon) check.  This would be doable then, but not now.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc