Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:29:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: um, AB mortar still OP  (Read 11645 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2013, 07:03:09 pm »

It doesnt fit in with other mortars.

Why would we want to make every thing the same?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2013, 07:24:34 pm »

I come up against superior minds.

Why would we want to make every thing the same?

You wouldn't want that, it would be no fun.

Difference invites comparison however. The ability is on a 4 pop unit and that certainly makes its AOE  look impressive for a ability limitless on a cooldown.

Nebel ability is a add-on barrage competing with normal barrage on cooldown which.. suck balls is sort of a mediocre tactical alternative (up and away vs low curveball), airburst doesn't suck and if normal barrage is available too you always choose the airburst.. Firestorm hasn't been changed, airburst have. Terror mortar gas was nerfed to suckage afaik and wasn't changed last patch. Or perhaps it wasn't nerfed, the poor abilitiy just never raised any fuzz.

Maybe thats how one could arrive at airburst being out of line? (looking at all indirect fire units targeting soft targets..presumably targeting soft stuff as all aoe are good at delvering the final 5% blow to anything)

I think groundfire has a better idea tbh. 2 uses and maybe a t4 that gave +1 would make it less stupid. And I'm not sure if the "only deals 50 dmg" thing is correct, the least i am sure of is whether or not this actually is right since ive seen full health paks decrewed in one shot, alternatively its a bit misleading to say 50 dmg if this includes the chance of a infantry critical.

Packup time imo compounds a problem  of airburst being too good (not mentioned in the thread so far)

But i'd rather keep the short packup time because you know what, this buff is inventive.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:33:17 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2013, 07:29:01 pm »

i haven't used a Airburst mortar. why not increase cooldown? increase drop time. so people have  chance to at least move without evaporating.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 08:01:40 pm by aeroblade56 » Logged

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2013, 07:31:45 pm »

i have used a Airburst mortar. but i probably wouldnt puchase it if only 2 uses :p. why not increase cooldown? increase drop time. so people have  chance to at least move without evaporating.

depends on price, i dont mind the american mortar in ab shape being good really. there's a middleground where you'd pick it for those cases where you .. actually use supression to ensure your attack hits home (good way to balance offmap-like abilities and offmaps..) + even with a slower drop time

right now it's telling that its slightly too awesome, people are milking it for all its worth

you also get other nice stuff with the t2 (zooks on ab is pretty good)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:34:45 pm by Smokaz » Logged
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2013, 10:00:59 pm »

Im not saying it's not a problem, but we are not going to "remove it" cause its too powerful. When have we ever just "removed" an ability from public opinion alone?

white phosphorous rounds for T17s?  PE vcoh slow? Weapons cache?

And I don't see why this ability is even necessary, the t2 is full of plenty of other goodness.  I'll let Mysthalin look at the stats, but what you say it does versus what I see it doing are two very different things...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2013, 12:43:36 am »

RCA Airburst is just flat out terrible, lol.. Why would you want to ever buy it?

I think it may have been improved recently, it fires a lot of shells now, very powerful.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2013, 03:54:15 am »

I'm propably one of the most AB fanboys here but to be honest, the Airburst Mortar is completly missplaced and the stats of all are a bit weird. Take a look
at the strafing run. It is a completly fail offmap and when you compare it with the Auxellery Equipment you can easily say that "balance" is not existent.

It was a cool idea to add the airburst barrage into the AB doctrine, but it's so overpowered that I never used that thing because it's completly retarded to play
against. I've seen enough replays/livestreams to judge that thing is not balanced at all. Restrictive usage or a complete remove from the game might be the way
to go. I agree to the main intention that AB needed a strong tool to be able to deal with strong infantry (And the middle T3 with the extra suppression for the HMG or the extra damage for the mortar is awesome!) but I don't agree that there is a power tool needed which just has it all to wipe out infantry.

a).Reason why a lot of stuff gets killed:
I think a lot of stuff gets wiped out since there is a 1.5x Damage Modifier for targets in negative cover. Moving infantry in the field will mostly get wiped
out ALL the time.

b).Reason why sniper get snap killed from Airburst hit:
WTF - Why the hell has the Airburst a 4x Damage Modifier in the target table against a Sniper? No wonder that you can reliable snap kill a sniper every time.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:02:23 am by Ahnungsloser » Logged

9th Armoured Engineers
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2013, 04:04:29 am »

I'm propably one of the most AB fanboys here but to be honest, the Airburst Mortar is completly missplaced and the stats of all are a bit weird. Take a look
at the strafing run. It is a completly fail offmap and when you compare it with the Auxellery Equipment you can easily say that "balance" is not existent.

It was a cool idea to add the airburst barrage into the AB doctrine, but it's so overpowered that I never used that thing because it's completly retarded to play
against. I've seen enough replays/livestreams to judge that thing is not balanced at all. Restrictive usage or a complete remove from the game might be the way
to go. I agree to the main intention that AB needed a strong tool to be able to deal with strong infantry (And the middle T3 with the extra suppression for the HMG or the extra damage for the mortar is awesome!) but I don't agree that there is a power tool needed which just has it all to wipe out infantry.

a).Reason why a lot of stuff gets killed:
I think a lot of stuff gets wiped out since there is a 1.5x Damage Modifier for targets in negative cover. Moving infantry in the field will mostly get wiped
out ALL the time.

b).Reason why sniper get snap killed from Airburst hit:
WTF - Why the hell has the Airburst a 4x Damage Modifier in the target table against a Sniper? No wonder that you can reliable snap kill a sniper every time.

good post,

i think it should just be removed. even a normal mortarshell with double AoE is just nuts

I don't know Wind, that whole 21 virgins thing kinda peaked my interest a little .......
From fucking kids to fucking christ, jesus heartmann. Just stop already you filthy monster, you are only making it worse
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2013, 11:12:43 am »

good post,

i think it should just be removed. even a normal mortarshell with double AoE is just nuts

You mean like the Axis mortar with a defensive officer buffing it and  20% increased damage?.

Cool
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2013, 03:50:37 pm »

You mean like the Axis mortar with a defensive officer buffing it and  20% increased damage?.

Cool
Defensive officer sucks mayne, go use it and tell me you see some monumental difference.

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2013, 03:58:11 pm »

Axis mortar is already tank damage wise, 20% extra wouldn't change much.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2013, 06:37:40 pm »

Axis mortar is already tank damage wise, 20% extra wouldn't change much.

Except push it's damage from 36 to 43.2, which means it will push Rangers and Airborne into the yellow health threshold on a direct hit instead of leaving them in green, resulting in a 50/50 chance of killing anything in the short range splash outright. Same for Tommies.

That 20% means that Axis Mortars can have a 50/50 chance to kill any Allied mainline infantry on a direct hit, where it'd previously take 2 rounds to have anything near that chance.

So yes, 20% extra would change much lol.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2013, 12:37:58 am »

Defensive officer sucks mayne, go use it and tell me you see some monumental difference.

u dont take defensive officer for Infantry n tanks silly.allabout that support spam.
ick312 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2013, 03:02:50 am »

u dont take defensive officer for Infantry n tanks silly.allabout that support spam.

well go use it and post if you see any great difference. cause i didnt
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc