Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:58:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terror Top/Bottom T3s  (Read 4719 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: August 17, 2012, 10:16:56 pm »

This is the most fun I've had with P4s. The stug mg fucking rules, along with the extra sight, makes your P4 a great infantry killing machine, and being able to handle the extra damage helps out a bit when fighting armor. Running 5 P4s with skirts is great, if i want i can switch out a nebel and pumas and get a 6th P4.

This is one of my favorite WM companies I've had, the firestorm nebels do great work on atgs and blobs, prop  I sadly don't have the muni to spend on nades to take advantage of that extra damage and I only have one MG due to my support being used up by a sniper and the nebels.

Anyways, I just want to know what other people have done using this combo, and if I'm missing out on anything. Should I get more MGs and take advantage of the focus fire? Should I take some nades on my grens instead of some prop towers? How much better is that 25% damage? The festung warefare doesnt seem to make using flammen half tracks worth it, I think I'll get more use out of 2x pumas than 3x HTs.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
SophiaT1991 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 05:50:25 am »

Can do anything this most wehr doc selections tbfh. They are the most loved faction for devs.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 09:55:12 am »

Glad you like it. Terror was my love child. He's growing up to be such a good doctrine.  Roll Eyes

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 10:07:56 am »

I like everything but the Sight bonus. It shames Blitzkrieg too much when the Sight is free.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 10:57:13 am »

It's so fail in the AT department, tbh. All of terror is.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 11:16:58 am »

It's so fail in the AT department, tbh. All of terror is.
What would you need AT for? All of allied armour is paper.

Especially when you pull a KT out.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:18:49 am by DarkSoldierX » Logged

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 12:47:23 pm »

U serious?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 02:22:14 pm »

I think he was countering your stupid statement with a stupid statement of his own tbh.

Considering this is the EiRR forums, I'm more inclined to think that you're both as thick as pig shit though lol.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 03:12:38 pm »

Whats stupid about it? Most allied armour isnt even a threat to terror. Especially when your elite infantry has a 50% chance of surviving what would be a kill shot to nearly every other infantry unit out there. The only 2 weapons that will get past that are the croc flamer, and churchill flamer.

One of which is incredibly slow.

And the other has crap armour.

Then one would say, what about the allied TDs, arnt they a threat to my tanks?

M10s? KT eats M10s for breakfast. All geschutes needs is sight on the fucker and you cant go wrong.

M18s? KT can fight back easily. Not to mention I wouldnt be surprized if M18s got a nerf pretty soon. Geschutes are easily a cost effective counter. All you need is sight.

Jumbos? too slow uses tank gun rather than flamethrower therefore ineffective against my KCH. Can be a threat to geschutes in urban environments. Though your speed should still get you out of there.

Churchills? LOL. NOM NOM NOM KT/Geschutes food. Only time I lost geschutes to them was in super urban map when I was half asleep and havn't played EiR in a long time.

Fireflies? Finaly something that can actually be a threat to the KT and can be a diceroll for geschutes is worth it against it or not. But thats why you have elite infantry that eats up all its support to make it run like a little bitch. With this tanks sub-normal HP, a single faust/shrek puts on some serious hurt.

Pershings? You outrange them with geschutes/KT anyway. He also uses tank gun which is ineffective against KCH.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 03:41:43 pm »

For the most part you are right.

However, M18's can pull apart a KT with it's speed combined with external assistance (Pop alone means you've got a 57mm alongside your Hellcat for the pop worth of the KT).

Pershings are extremely effective against KCH due to dealing 137.5 damage per round, bypassing the extensive health of the KCH with sheer damage. Even if the Heroic Crits save you at 5% health... A single burst of the hull or coaxial turret will solve that problem. Not only that, Geschitz penetration against the Pershing is a huge coin-toss. Should the Pershing close ranks, the Geschitz is utterly screwed. Closing the distance isn't unthinkable when the pathing of the Geschitz is taken into account.

Also, Ablative Armour Fireflies are to be treated with caution considering they have 750 health.

A lot of the Terror battle methodology relies on keeping your enemy's armour at arms length, and deterring their infantry with souped up KCH/lolwut Scoped MP44's. If the Allies get close and keep a contingency for the KCH, they can be a real threat.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 04:04:13 pm »

The issue becomes that if the Terror player is good, you won't get a chance to close the distance. Then Le Brick (aka KT) closes in and your AT goes away. The thing with terror is, your handheld AT can't do bupkis to help out with the Geshitz, because KCH and wtfscoped 44s EAT all allied units (rangers included) for breakfast.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 04:18:27 pm »

For the most part you are right.

However, M18's can pull apart a KT with it's speed combined with external assistance (Pop alone means you've got a 57mm alongside your Hellcat for the pop worth of the KT).

Pershings are extremely effective against KCH due to dealing 137.5 damage per round, bypassing the extensive health of the KCH with sheer damage. Even if the Heroic Crits save you at 5% health... A single burst of the hull or coaxial turret will solve that problem. Not only that, Geschitz penetration against the Pershing is a huge coin-toss. Should the Pershing close ranks, the Geschitz is utterly screwed. Closing the distance isn't unthinkable when the pathing of the Geschitz is taken into account.

Also, Ablative Armour Fireflies are to be treated with caution considering they have 750 health.
Well I guess your right about the M18, but I hardly think the pershings are a real threat. The coaxial and hull have crap range and acc, so they are hardly used against the KCH due to how close they have to be to get them. And the hull MG isnt even faced towards the KCH the majority of the time, For good reasons though. But one must still give merit to how powerful it is to be able to win the attrition battle by eating a pershing peak shot and still go back to the ambulance and get back to 100% HP.

Ok ablative armour fireflies yeah thats pretty dangerious il admit that. Ablative should have been a % health increase rather than a flat addition.... but that is irrelevent.

The issue becomes that if the Terror player is good, you won't get a chance to close the distance. Then Le Brick (aka KT) closes in and your AT goes away. The thing with terror is, your handheld AT can't do bupkis to help out with the Geshitz, because KCH and wtfscoped 44s EAT all allied units (rangers included) for breakfast.
Which brings me to say, Terror is the "Do everything" On the axis side. The allied equivelent would be infantry. But I still think terror is still slightly too strong in comparison to infantry. Although there are a few things infantry has that terror doesnt, like hard arty and a nice semi-long range AI vehicle.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 04:35:26 pm »

yep, to beat terror you need to be more agressive than he is, and you win.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 05:13:23 pm »

But one must still give merit to how powerful it is to be able to win the attrition battle by eating a pershing peak shot and still go back to the ambulance and get back to 100% HP.

It should be noted that the crit is 50% chance to live or become chunky. If the statistics gods give you the finger (Believe me, I'm sick of them giving me the finger), your attrition battle becomes a shallow dream.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 05:43:33 pm »

50% of the time is better than 0% of the time, which is what pretty much every other infantry unit out there gets.

Which is why you give it some credit. Because thats a pretty goddamn nice bonus.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 06:04:13 pm »

It's good, but it's not something that I'd personally rely on. Too much of a gamble.

70%-80% is a good percentage to put faith in as far as I'm concerned at any rate.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 03:59:49 am »

tbh, the sight buff needs to go to the bottom so you can have sight and the wtfever its called T4 at the bottom that increases aoe damage

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 06:09:55 pm »

I do agree it's light in the AT category, that is exactly what I have a problem with, but I easily solve it by capping or destroying enemy at so my P4s can do the work. Or you rely on your team mates a little bit.

Other than that I think it's great, pershing, ff will give you some trouble, jumbos are too bad, but its very important to keep your AT alive as long as possible.

But if terror wasn't threatened by it's lack of AT (depending on how you build your company) it wouldn't have an inherent weakness.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 08:26:18 pm »

Bot T4 becomes too good easily if it was made competitive. It should be redone into something else.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc