Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 04:17:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sten commandos  (Read 7940 times)
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 11:35:11 pm »

Nothing wrong with mandos themselfes. Stens are good DPS, mandos are survivable, and smoke cloak is useful.

Not to mention Mando Lt. is arguably OP like def officer.

The only problem is mando doctrine is sort of weak other than lower T4. See everything, know everything, and its hard to not have the upperhand the majority of the battle.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 11:46:11 pm »

Stens have an abnormaly long reload compared to other SMGs (afaik). Removing it might go a long way to making Stens more viable.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 12:38:44 am »

only thing Mandos really need is pool buffs. Too high.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 04:26:45 am »

all isee if QQ in this thread, get top t4 and mando officer, spam vanilla mandos, they crush most infantry, stack the buffs yourself, see wutchu get Wink
Same with sten mandos, the accuracy buffs are bonkers, try em out

they dont though. they dont rape at all even with commando officer and t4 :/

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 09:17:12 am »

Yea they do, they start getting scary its only 60% bonus accuracy i think

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 09:28:09 am »

Nothing wrong with mandos themselfes. Stens are good DPS, mandos are survivable, and smoke cloak is useful.

Not to mention Mando Lt. is arguably OP like def officer.

The only problem is mando doctrine is sort of weak other than lower T4. See everything, know everything, and its hard to not have the upperhand the majority of the battle.

Commandos are survivable at stand-off range. As an assault platform, they are pretty terrible due to being a one-trick pony by using the smoke which usually results in half a dead squad if you attack any infantry with the ability to deal damage back.

Rangers are durable enough to engage infantry at point blank and their Thompsons don't have any specific weaknesses like Stens do (Can't use Stens against Heroic armour for shit, so engaging KCH is a no-no).

FSJ with FG42's can set up an ambush and deal enough raw DPS at mid-close range to simply tear up a target before return fire becomes an issue so long as they are used properly.

Both variants of KCH can just lolwut run through enemy fire and hit their desired target.

Finally, the reason that the Defensive Officer is ridiculously OP is down to the fact it gives damage buffs. Giving damage buffs to an infantry platform in anything other than veterancy is usually a very big no-no as infantry damages are a very fine-tuned balance when compared to vehicles/tanks. You can buff accuracy and cooldown to a fair margin, but unless you throw it up to levels where it can almost hit every single round when outside of cover, they are inevitably still just volks rifles, still enfields, etc.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 11:16:09 am »

Commandos are survivable at stand-off range. As an assault platform, they are pretty terrible due to being a one-trick pony by using the smoke which usually results in half a dead squad if you attack any infantry with the ability to deal damage back.

Rangers are durable enough to engage infantry at point blank and their Thompsons don't have any specific weaknesses like Stens do (Can't use Stens against Heroic armour for shit, so engaging KCH is a no-no).

FSJ with FG42's can set up an ambush and deal enough raw DPS at mid-close range to simply tear up a target before return fire becomes an issue so long as they are used properly.

Both variants of KCH can just lolwut run through enemy fire and hit their desired target.

Finally, the reason that the Defensive Officer is ridiculously OP is down to the fact it gives damage buffs. Giving damage buffs to an infantry platform in anything other than veterancy is usually a very big no-no as infantry damages are a very fine-tuned balance when compared to vehicles/tanks. You can buff accuracy and cooldown to a fair margin, but unless you throw it up to levels where it can almost hit every single round when outside of cover, they are inevitably still just volks rifles, still enfields, etc.

That's because Mando's are not heavy assault infantry in any way, they are like Brit AI Airborne, they are hit and run. Flank, throw nade, smoke, run away.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 11:45:38 am »

Fine, let me buy more than 2 grenades on them then..?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 11:47:23 am »

I don't know either way how good or bad mandos are, but it seems the people who are in their favor say this:

"Commandos are good if you use this exact formula, this doctrine choice, and this unit combination together"

that doesn't prove they are good. that proves they CAN be good, but if there's only one way to make a unit good, then it probably needs some balancing. Vanilla rangers are good even with out buffs, if you make a brand new infantry company and have no doctrine choices, your rangers will still fill a roll.

But it sounds like mandos don't do that. What if storms were only good if you used a certain T4, in combination with only certain units, and only used one single tactic with them?

Sounds like mandos are in the same spot that the nebel is in. The nebel sucks unless you are either using terror firestorm on them or dual t3 with officer bonus, which still doesn't even compare to the fs ability.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
PrinceOfScotland Offline
EIR Launcher Demigod

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 01:09:54 pm »

i agree with rick, i have only seem mandos work with mid t4 demo spam or enigma decoded mg and sniper spam

Fixing the launcher, one mistake at a time.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2012, 02:05:28 pm »

As I said earlier in this thread, the units themselves are fine, the DOCTRINE just like Airborne, sucks.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 01:08:56 am »

speaking of AB.... Undecided
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 11:50:23 am »

if only one or 2 choices will make a doctrine useful, then it's a fail doctrine.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc