Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 08:36:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Retards  (Read 5653 times)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« on: January 09, 2013, 09:29:53 pm »

Seeing as you guys keep getting my threads locked by derailing it with needless dribble on how superior your intellects are, i thought heres the perfect thread to discuss the bofors.

I have labelled it differently to try and weed out those of you whose mental strength is the equivilent of a elderly mans erection.

Now can we please get back to the original topic, the bofors and its place in EIR or even Emplacements in general.

Cheers

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 09:31:43 pm »

Seeing as you guys keep getting my threads locked by derailing it with needless dribble on how superior your intellects are, i thought heres the perfect thread to discuss the bofors.

I have labelled it differently to try and weed out those of you whose mental strength is the equivilent of a elderly mans erection.

Now can we please get back to the original topic, the bofors and its place in EIR or even Emplacements in general.

Cheers

eirr suggestions > retards? hmmmmmmm

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 09:35:14 pm »

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=25639.0

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=25625.0
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:11:04 pm »

Thread fail in 5...4...3...

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 11:14:24 pm »

Few vet buffs gives increased range because it's not balanced. Leo also said it was impossible or very difficult to do coding wise. The only units that get range buffs are artillery and the puma because they have by default very long or short range. This way they won't out-range anything they don't already out-range.

Why don't you suggest something plausible and maybe the discussion won't get derailed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:26:08 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 12:12:46 am »

That's why  a puma at vet 3 get's 10+ range  Roll Eyes

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 12:40:04 am »

Thread fail in 5...4...3...
I made another thread for that Sad

Leo also said it was imposs... = Missinformation
For fucking crikes sake Pony, your memor... *Sigh*

"I tried giving the bofors survivability buffs as vet and ran into problems. Assume that it is not going to happen. A range increase can be discussed."

Seen that sentence before? Please at least try checking your facts for once.

The Flakverling gets +10 range at vet 3 and it's positively devastating, seems fair enough to me that both sides get it but then again the verling is doctrinal, so maybe the bofors would have to go that way to.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:04:26 am by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 05:43:58 am »

I'm sure it's possible to add this buffs but I think Leo has a different point of view on that and says pre-emtive that this is not codeable. (Maybe afraid
of bringing back sim city)

The Flakvierling gets a received damage buff and veterancy one which is a increased survivability, and a extended range of ten at veterancy three. The flakvierling
gets build by a offmap crew and isn't different from a british emplacement.

Additionally there is no reason to not talk about the bofors. The flakvierling gets everything and chopps a lot of stuff into pieces (Espacially it doesn't have a moving accuracy malus in the target table). The bofors has a slow rate of fire and a slow rotation and it can't really incomming infantry. Also British infantry are ultimate fucked because the Flakvierling gets a x1.25Acc/Dmg against soldier armour.

At least change the Acc. tables and make it more reliable the x0.1 - x0.2 Acc. on Infantry target types and the x0.5 Acc. on moving infantry combined with the
basic 5/5/1.5/1 Acc. table combines a big variance on this unit, while the flakvierling is more reliable. (higher rate of fire, quad-gunned, better acc. tables with less variance). At midrange (25 range) it's impossible to hit any infantry (for exmaple tp_infantry := x0.3Acc on the move := x0.15Acc while the flakvierling has x0.5 Acc on longrange and x0.75 Acc on midrange) with the bofors. And when you start roll the enviroment cover types in you will see how bad that wapeon is. (Accuracy wise which goes with damage output)

9th Armoured Engineers
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 06:44:00 am »

People complain about it's AI. Rightfully? The bofors is great at denying light vehicles for its population. It penetrates most of the PE arsenal and pesky wehr pumas (which are popular). The gun is okay for 4 pop.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 06:59:04 am »

-
Pretty sure that the flakverling is not an "Emplacement" but just a stationary support weapon.

Someone can be free to correct me, but I'm pretty sure the problems with emplacements reefer to the British ones alone, as flaks are just constructed and crewed weapons rather than full on emplacements.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 07:20:01 am »

Pretty sure that the flakverling is not an "Emplacement" but just a stationary support weapon.

Someone can be free to correct me, but I'm pretty sure the problems with emplacements reefer to the British ones alone, as flaks are just constructed and crewed weapons rather than full on emplacements.

This is pretty accurate. I wouldn't consider the Flakvierling to be an emplacement purely because it doesn't suffer from the bullshit that is emplacement armour tbh.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 07:59:41 am »

a BCMMG with AP rounds preforms that job much better, while also being mobile, and has better Ai (supressive fire).
Pretty sure supressive fire is doctrinal
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 08:17:04 am »

Give it the abillity to heal over time tbh. Logic: (soldiers gradually replacing/rebuilding the sandbags around the gun when not busy)

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 09:30:40 am »

+1 to wind's suggestion, for once.

Why all this wtfQQ about the Bofors (from the nay-sayers)? Is it a gamebreaking weapon already? Yeesh, it used to be one of the least regarded things you could spend resources on.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 04:37:29 pm »

Health regen would a be much welcomed addition. For something that takes 30+ seconds to pack and move.

I'm just curious to the coding of said regen if it would be broken By packing the weapon.

And alpha tig alot of units out perform others in certain roles, but said units may also have severe weakness like say brenmmg health or the fact it handles like a  antank without clutch breaking and thus is easily out ran and manouvered by lv's
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 06:19:34 pm »

I was expecting so much more from this thread...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc