Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:38:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BotB Mod > EIR  (Read 17650 times)
Generic Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2008, 12:31:11 am »

Botb is shit compared to EiR it is completely unbalanced (3 shotting king tigers FTW) The allies once they get a final tier callin its pretty much and instant win. For example i was dominating mikehalo having him bottled up in his base i had 2 shreks and a flak for AT and then boom Patton's army he over runs the flaks and kills my falshimejager. so i get to call in a King tiger as my final tier... witch is worthless it gets its FRONT ARMOR PENETRATED by almost ANYTHING and it costs only 200 mp less then pattons wtfpwnzmachine Theres nothing balanced about the battle of the bulge the novelty wares off after a few games.

NevyenTLS Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2008, 01:00:08 am »

the opportunity would be with the balance expriance that EIR brings it would enhance the BOTB mod with all the people who play the game here who have a very very good perspective on balance besides all the bitching!!!
Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2008, 01:22:57 am »

Some people like fancy explosions.
Some like presitend gameplay, direct action with building and useing there own Tactic´s.

So some play BotB. I did. I enjoyed the explosions, then i uninstalled it.

BoDyBaG2224TLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2008, 09:34:19 pm »

They went for the realism, and I think they missed it with this mod.

Lolto Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2008, 02:35:57 am »

I find the thread title to be blasphemous in a forum where EIR is the norm.  Tongue

Life or Lack There Of
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2008, 01:59:59 pm »

Hi guys, I'm Tskross from the BOTB mod team, just wanted to introduce myself here
I wouldn't presume to say one mod is better than the other, for one because I have yet to play EiR, not because it doesn't sound awesome to me, but simply because with my schedule I hardly ever have the time to sit down and play a game all the way through without having to save and return to it sometimes even weeks later (career, family, all that!) But also because I know the amount of work that goes into a mod the size of EiR and even BotB and wouldn't dream of insulting one team or the other.
But from what I gather they are completely different games, and can't be judged side by side. What I can say about BotB is that it is not meant to be played like VCoH, it is its own thing...I won't go on and on about the whats and the whys (feel free to visit our forums to find out more about that!) but just a couple of issues that have been brought up that I feel could be addressed

1. The M36...this is something that has been a very hotly debated topic at our forum, it is powerful yes, but in real life it had a 9omm gun (the same as the pershing) and was a deadly tank hunter. Howeverm it is extremely vulnerable to infantry and AT of all types.
2. BotB was designed to encourage combined arms tactics, armor needs infantry just as much as infantry needs armor. You have to help your tanks see the enemy as sightlines for armor are reduced to reflect the limited lines of sight of armor in combat, and if you are in an urban setting you have to be extra careful as  units can now use their special abilities while inside buildings (and trenches) now
3. Balance vs. Realism It is our view that balance is not as simple as heavy tank=heavy tank, on heavy tank will have very different capabilities as well as pluses and minuses as compared to another and the same is true of all the units in the game, everything has an effective counter based on historical accuracy (and if you have a question about accuracy, I again ask you to come to our forum as Halftrack the mod leader is quite the historical scholar and has done alot of additional research over the past 2 years on this mod)

In short you have to give it a chance, because a lot of the gameplay is totally different you have to get used to the new system and play it a few times to learn all of the subtle details halftrack has changed.

Thanks for taking a moment to listen! And hopefully I'll get a chance to try out EiR someday...(hmm my wife is going on a trip in a few weeks lol!)
Cheers guys

p.s. we are finally getting rid of the base buildings in the next version!!
userstupidname Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2008, 02:04:59 pm »

DUDE STOP COMPLAININ ABOUT THE ONE SHOOT

i mean allies had tank destroyers to how fun would it be whit uber king tigas runnin around it even stand that it is tacticly worse then other tanks get some p4s instead mate dont try to spam kts

its unfair when even a brilliant mind cant win over full veted army whit only crap its yust unfair
Krazytym
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2008, 02:20:09 pm »

Quote from: tskross link=topic=6255.msg117560#msg117560

p.s. we are finally getting rid of the base buildings in the next version!!

w00t! loving that idea. I play ur mod a lot and I love it as much as EiR and if ur gettin rid of base-building, that's even better.

can't wait!

Mod Action: You forgot a bracket there  Wink

....thanks
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 05:25:56 pm by Tymathee0 » Logged
Migi3 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2008, 11:44:04 am »

New units are generally just the same units with a diff skin or diff stats unfortunately.
That being said, BoTB is a great mod but was lacking in the original versions, I have yet to play the new version but to be honest it's hard to compare either way. It's only normal that BoTB seems better at first, it's a total conversion and adds so much more where as EIR is just vCOH with a twist and persistency. Once the BotB novelty wears off you'll probably go back to playing EIR Wink.

I think both are great mods regardless, EIR having persistence and BoTb being an actual mod with an actual dev team.

Well  since EiR has had half its persistancy removed with the removal of RBs.............
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2008, 03:45:40 pm »

actually the mod has at least 3 totally new units, the tiger sturmmorser, the jagdpanzer IV L70, and the maultier panzerwerfer, sure they were made by model mixing, but they are completely new units for the game.... Grin
Tym
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2008, 04:56:20 pm »

Unknown, the new version is very different from the last one. Especially with the new capture territory system. You can't lock down resources anymore so you actually have to watch your territories. It's a lil like EiR, except w/ Fu & Mu cap points.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2008, 04:51:42 am »

Unknown, the new version is very different from the last one. Especially with the new capture territory system. You can't lock down resources anymore so you actually have to watch your territories. It's a lil like EiR, except w/ Fu & Mu cap points.

I dunno why you put my name in there, I never said anything like that.
Stay off drugs mkay...
tskross Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2008, 06:06:49 am »

unknown, I think he was trying to tell you that the new version is out, and yeah, it has lots of major changes!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2008, 06:09:36 am »

I know that Smiley.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc