Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:19:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading and Bounties  (Read 10060 times)
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« on: June 09, 2009, 12:43:02 pm »

Two things that came up when we were talking about alternate ways to get PP were trading of units and unit bounties.  After giving it some thought, I think these would be easy ways to get the community involved and provide some healthy competition (for bounties anyways).

Trading:

- Units to be traded must be Vet2 or Vet3.
- You can trade units for PP, units for units, or any combination of the two.

For example, if EIRRMod has a Vet3 Sherman that I'd like to have and he'd like my Vet3 Riflemen squad + a little PP, that would be fine.

- You can only trade units to players who have the ability to use those units.

For example, if EIRRMod has a Vet3 Pershing to sell, the only player that could purchase that from him is another US Armor player with the ability to buy Pershings.

- If a traded unit would cost you PP for being 'In Supply' or 'Oversupply' that cost will be added along to the cost of the unit.

For example, if EIRRMod has a Vet3 Crocodile to sell for 15 PP and I already have one Crocodile in my company (putting me 'In Supply' with a cost of 3 PP) I would pay 15 PP to EIRRMod to purchase it and 3 PP for the 'In Supply'.

- Only the account the unit is being traded to and the account the unit is being traded from can be given the PP/unit.

For example, if I have two American companies (airborne and armor) I cannot purchase a Vet3 Sherman for my airborne company using PP from my armor company.  Likewise, if my armor company was selling a unit, the PP earned from it cannot go towards my airborne company.

- All sales are final.  If you purchase a Vet3 unit only to have it die in the very next game, shit sucks.

- All sales and trades will have to be Moderator approved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bounties

- To place a bounty on a unit it must be either vet 2 or vet 3 or in the top 20 of the respective unit leaderboard.

- A player can place a bounty on any unit or number of units.

For example, if EiRRMod placed a 5 PP bounty for the death of any of Bonker's Commandos and a player killed two squads, that player would get 10 PP from EiRRMod.

- Bounties cannot be redeemed if a unit is killed by friendly fire.  Don't be dicks.

- The player placing the bounty will be forced to pay the bounty, even if they don't have the full bounty at the time of death.  For instance, if you have 5 PP but place a 10 PP bounty on a unit, as soon as you had 5 more PP that would go towards whoever killed the unit.

- Replays showing the death of the unit MUST be provided.

- Players can stack bounties on a single unit.

For example, EiRRMod and I both put a 10 PP bounty on AmPm's Vet 3 Marder.  If a player killed that unit, they would get 10 PP from both of us.

Would you guys like to have the ability to trade/sell units and place bounties?  Questions or comments?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:58:15 pm by stumpster » Logged

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 12:45:32 pm »

I am against the notion of trading units as it somewhat mitigates the feeling that you are the one building your company, but at the same time somebody who has played long enough should be able to request transfers by using their prestigious status. I don't really dig it but I could see it working.

Bounties would be cool.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:49:09 pm »

I find it very realistic, and a very fun fun fun concept!

I'm a grizzled field commander that's earned respect across the ranks, and there is an up and coming talent in another division. Using my respect, and by prommising a favor to the commander of the talented sherman crew, I could probably get him transfered to my company. Seems realistic.
I know my vet 3 units don't stick around for long, so I could sell them to people that can actualy keep them alive, hell yeah!

Bounties would also be awesome, I'm ALL into this!!!

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 12:52:14 pm »

what about making a test version of it? to see if it works as intented and stuff?
i actually like both ideas

ppl who are 'good' at vetting up units might profit most from a trading system...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:54:55 pm by aloha622 » Logged

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 12:52:44 pm »

Oh god that would be awesome. I also think it would put a new twist on vet hunting. But I almost think the person who has the bounty on their head should get something. Like 5% of the PP people are putting up for it's death for every day the unit stays alive. So if there are 20PP for that marder, and that marder stays alive for two days, they would get 2 PPs just for keeping that unit alive. Or maybe for every game that unit is brought out in, but I can see people abusing these, bring it out only to retreat it or something.

Either way, I'm all for bounty!

For trading, I can imagine if there is one player who's really good at vet a certain unit, they could almost make a "day job" out of vetting them then selling them to people. Which could be a good or bad thing. Maybe I would get all the rifle buffs from infantry, max out my rifles, give them all some upgrades, vet them up, then sell them and make more PPs from selling them then playing. Of course the inf bonuses wouldn't carry over, but they would make it easy for me to vet up. Same goes for shermans for someone with tungsten tipping and field repairs and stuff.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
BigDick
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 12:53:07 pm »

the bounties should be limited onto the top 10 or top 20 units of leaderbord and they should stack...means

player a set 10pp bounty to first leaderboard unit (e.g. a rangersquad) and 3 others set bounty for that unit to... e.g. 5 each

than the bounty of 25pp should be shown behind that unit on leaderboard
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 12:56:59 pm »

Realize that this would probably go through a test phase where everything is done on the forum manually by a moderator like myself, then if it works as intended, we could go into automating it.  (Ex. showing unit bounties on the leaderboard and whatnot).
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 01:16:50 pm »

we will need separate forums for each of these.

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 01:23:55 pm »

Actually i would like trading cross doctrines/army, im sure the brits could have lent the yanks some commandos or a pershing for the brits.
Course im sure it wont happen Sad

I love how im an example Tongue And i like the idea.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 01:29:18 pm »

Giving any PP benefit to players with a targeted bounty unit is a bad idea. You'll have people putting out fake bounties on each other's unit to increase PP gain.

However - implementing a XP bonus from the unit's kills could help making the bounty system work properly and incite players to deploy the unit in mention in hopes of pushing it farther up the leaderboard.

Trading units sounds okay as long as you are unable to gain any units which you can't normally gain.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 01:31:22 pm »

Actually i would like trading cross doctrines/army, im sure the brits could have lent the yanks some commandos or a pershing for the brits.
Course im sure it wont happen Sad

I love how im an example Tongue And i like the idea.

It's impossible to trade a unit that a person cannot use, because it will make their launcher crash.  Tongue
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 01:40:30 pm »

I don't really like the idea of trading units, but the bounties seem like a good idea.  I'd be ok with limiting it to units on the top 20 leaderboard though.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 01:41:31 pm »

Will be able to swap allied units for axis units (for your axis company)?
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 01:49:51 pm »

Will be able to swap allied units for axis units (for your axis company)?

Hmm, I'll have to ask.  I would lean towards no just so that we keep it as simple as possible and reduce any potential abuse or confusion.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 02:00:01 pm »

it will be between the buyer and seller only.. They both must be able to use the unit in order for the transaction to work.

no 3rd party involvement.
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 02:07:38 pm »

Would a player be able to redeem a bounty from one of their own alts?

Example: Salan (AB) has 100 PP and places a 50 PP bounty on Unkn0wn's P4.  Salan2 (Inf) kills the P4 and gets 50 PP from Salan.

I guess by limiting the bounties to vet 2/3 or leaderboard units you limit the ability to abuse the mechanic to transfer PP between accounts.  But the possibility is still there.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
Pak75mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 02:10:47 pm »

Trading units would be uber gay lol. Pretty much encouraging farming lol. No thanks good on paper but horrid execution.

Bounties....now that my friend is where its at! I love vet hunting and encouraging it more is better. I hate seeing people run around with huge amount of vet that was babied. Nothing more rewarding than blasting that shit into the sun, laughing at them and to tack on getting PPs hahaha. Im all for that. Even tacking on extra bonuses for taking out multiple leaderboard units in 1 game or taking out the grand daddy of XP for the war. Shit like would make the vet lovers piss their pants everytime they even slide the mouse across their vet 3 unit to call in? huge what if? omg do i call it in? lose it? save it? lol
stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 02:12:02 pm »

Would a player be able to redeem a bounty from one of their own alts?

Example: Salan (AB) has 100 PP and places a 50 PP bounty on Unkn0wn's P4.  Salan2 (Inf) kills the P4 and gets 50 PP from Salan.

I guess by limiting the bounties to vet 2/3 or leaderboard units you limit the ability to abuse the mechanic to transfer PP between accounts.  But the possibility is still there.

That is a good point.  Bounty definitely shouldn't go to the same player on a different account.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 02:15:04 pm »

SomaliaNationalArmy has 3 vet 3 KCH...  they must die...

stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 02:16:29 pm »

Alright, well it seems like everyone likes the idea of bounties, so I'm going to go ahead and open a forum for that.  Trading/selling on the other hand seemed lukewarm, so I guess we'll wait and see what the long term response is to the idea.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc