Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 02:24:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wehr  (Read 17415 times)
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2009, 03:53:47 pm »

Devs, please give them their double mg42 or shreks back.. all the whine flowing out of the thread is frying my computer... k thanks.

IIPraeToriaNII Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2009, 03:54:35 pm »

Wow...if this got reverted just because of the amount of whining going on right now..that'd be....well...interesting  Tongue

funny, cause i wondered how it started....

fuck off...
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2009, 04:42:35 pm »

WHINNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE

Cheesy

Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2009, 04:57:42 pm »

I'd like to pretend I care about this, but I've never used double LMGs, and only had one doubel shreck, now a single shreck on 2 grens.  Not a biggy for me,  having two exspensive things on something that dies so fast just was too risky for me.

But um.. oh yea... YOU SUCK< wah? want them back? ect you know you nerfed axis so bad!!!one!!11!eleven...
deal with it.

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
AlcapwneD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2009, 05:20:56 pm »

noob axis, you should rethink your battle planz lawl, ive won all my games without double grenadier weapons, one of each. and this is before this patch was even incorporated - which im sadden because im not unique anymore ;( Its not the end of the world if you can handle getting one extra weapon. Seriously if you want an LMG get some more MG42's if you want some more A.T firepower get another pak or another tank nublets.

CompanyofNubz - Allies
TheGenerals - Axis
Alcapwned - Axis

Armandillo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2009, 05:45:33 pm »

Dont crucify me,  Grin just curious. Whats the judgement and explanation behind double schrek getting doctrinal ?
Lt_Apollo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2009, 05:46:44 pm »

there is none...... imo they want a reasion to buff shreks LOL (sacrasim)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2009, 05:48:13 pm »

I don't even play Wehr, I just think its retarded to nerf something so you don't have to add more doctrine abilities =)

Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2009, 06:30:53 pm »

I'd really like to know the thought process you guys went through when you made these changes:

Quote from: EIRRMod
And now more potent, but you'll see that next patch as it wasnt documented
Allies were bitching that medkits made Wehr stuff enter 'godmode.' So to fix this, you made them more potent? I can still use medkits in the middle of a battle to enter that supposed godmode, albeit a few seconds earlier, but now it'll be even more potent.
Increasing the cooldown time between uses, and reducing the medkit's rate of healing would not only have solved the problem much better, but also made Terror's unlocks seem even better in comparison.

Quote from: EIRRMod
Now in line with ALL other factions.
BS. You can still take 2 BARs, 2 Brens/Rifle nades, 2 Zooks/RRs, 2 PIATs, etc.
This isn't so much a move to bring factions in line, as it is a direct and unnecessary nerf to Axis' AI and AT capabilities.
I always believed that you guys are keeping the best of the mod in mind when making desicions, but I can see nothing but Allied fanaticism in this decision. No one was even complaining about double-LMG/Schreck squads, like they were with medkits, so I fail to see why this change was even made.

So it gets its free use.
So you removed one nerf and replaced it with another nerf. That is not a buff.

Also, where are all the other nerfs / buffs?
Panzerfausts cheaper
Grenades cheaper
Skirts cheaper
I'll have to try the new 'Fausts before I can pas judgment, but the other two..
'Nade price reductions were made to both sides, so while everyone continued to not take the Wehr nade, the Pineapple Nuke became even more abundant. So it was actually a buff to Amis.
And Skirts are useless against everything except Zooks, so unless you're fighting intense Ranger spam, they're a waste.

noob axis, you should rethink your battle planz lawl, ive won all my games without double grenadier weapons, one of each. and this is before this patch was even incorporated - which im sadden because im not unique anymore ;( Its not the end of the world if you can handle getting one extra weapon. Seriously if you want an LMG get some more MG42's if you want some more A.T firepower get another pak or another tank nublets.
Maybe you don't play with double-upgraded squads, but I do. Why the hell should I have to change my entire play style, as well as my entire battalion's composition, to fit with an outrageous change that didn't even have a reason to be made?
And your argument doesn't even work; taking a PaK+Gren or HMG+Gren is so much more expensive than taking a double-gunned squad.
1 LMG Gren, 1 Schreck Gren, 1 HMG and 1 PaK is 1130MP, 355, 17Pop, where as 1 2-Schreck Gren and 1 2-LMG Gren would be 480MP, 400MU, and 10Pop.

Maybe I took double-upgrades squads because it fit my playstyle, maybe it was all I could afford, or maybe I just wanted to take the more efficient upgrades so I could spend more resources elsewhere. Regardless, now I can't. And it's really damn stupid.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 06:55:21 pm by Illegal_Carrot » Logged

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2009, 06:49:19 pm »

I can't comment on the overall impact yet, but light vehicle starts are a bitch to deal with, a pak + a shrek squad doesn't cut it, you have to have a tank to avoid being destroyed. I'll continue to test but ow.

Also did something else change with paks?.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
AlcapwneD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2009, 06:49:52 pm »

Maybe you don't play with double-upgraded squads, but I do. Why the hell should I have to change my entire play style, as well as my entire battalion's composition, to fit with an outrageous change that didn't even have a reason to be made.
And your argument doesn't even work; taking a PaK+Gren or HMG+Gren is so much more expensive than taking a double-gunned squad.
1 LMG Gren, 1 Schreck Gren, 1 HMG and 1 PaK is 1130MP, 355, 17Pop, where as 1 2-Schreck Gren and 12-LMG Gren would be 480MP, 400MU, and 10Pop.

Maybe I took double-upgrades squads because it fit my playstyle, maybe it was all I could afford, or maybe I just wanted to take the more efficient upgrades so I could spend more resources elsewhere. Regardless, now I can't. And it's really damn stupid.

Actually, its quiet efficient if you put the hmg and pak in the back, and your frontline units in the front. But i guess everyone has a different playstyle which i agree anyways because i use volks instead of grens combined with an HMG42 or a tank. But i agree you as i really didn't know there reason on why they made it doctrinal.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 06:52:21 pm by AlcapwneD » Logged
IIPraeToriaNII Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2009, 07:15:52 pm »

so, uh, rangers, piat-eers and airborne can only get one handheld at weapon and have to purchase the doctrine ability to buy two?
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2009, 07:17:49 pm »

naa they get fireup and ambush instead.. sorry you'll have to wait for that nerf.

IIPraeToriaNII Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2009, 07:37:28 pm »

just wondering what the heck is goin on.... Grin
still fun to play  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc