Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 07:15:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new Faust  (Read 45218 times)
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2009, 10:09:49 pm »

Immobilized is too powerful from Green.  Damaged engine, maybe gunner, but not immobilized.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2009, 10:13:04 pm »

Well if it's just going to be engine I think the % needs to go up and it needs a price increase to compensate.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2009, 10:40:13 pm »

Engine Damage, Engine Destroy, in green
Engine Damage, Engine Destroy, Immobile in yellow

Just raise the % chance so its more along the lines of 50% chance of Engine Damage

jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2009, 10:49:23 pm »

Smokaz and I just played a game where two of our Shermans had main gun destroyed at about 50% health.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2009, 11:11:34 pm »

2 Fausts slam into the front of a 100% hp sherman, main gun destroyed.

1 Faust slams into a 75% hp sherman, engine damaged.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2009, 11:37:41 pm »

all i can see is allies are not used to "not being able to run there tanks straight into infantry anymore"

they are finding it hard to adapt? or dont want to change the playing style that they always has used?

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2009, 11:42:38 pm »

I had an m10 attempt to carmageddon me today, it got fausted, engine damage, took 2 hits.
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2009, 11:44:34 pm »

I had an m10 attempt to carmageddon me today, it got fausted, engine damage, took 2 hits.

yeah most people use m10 to hunt down vet tanks or run over infantry.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2009, 11:56:16 pm »

The issue is not only the critical, but the range of the weapon, the damage it deals, and the cost. One of these needs to be adjusted, it just happens the cost is the easiest of the three. A faust is not a sticky, and it should never have been designed as one. Heaven forbid the axis have to use a tank in their starting call in, or worse yet, use two gren squads with one shrek each. I play axis as well, and I have no problem with AT whatsoever.

I am not providing a bias point of view, many of you are. The fact of the matter is, its just too cost efficient. It will be nerfed, one way or the other. They have already recongize that the criticals are incorrect, which is a good start. Hopefully they realize the range, damage, or criticals are also an issue and ought to be adjusted as well.

As I said previously, if you are having problems dealing with light vehicles just learn how to use other parts of your company. Try putting 1 mine, 15 munitions, behind or near your pak and watch those light vehicles fail trying to flank it. You'll find one shrek + pak with proper support (mines or even dragons teeth) works wonders. Again, if you play a rigid game and find yourself being countered often do not bring your poor skills and bias opinions into these forums. Theres no way a logical person could argue that current faust is balanced by any means. If you persist in doing so, then you only prove my point that your opinion is bias.

PQ  

Common sense is not so common after all.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2009, 11:58:18 pm »

my fausts dont do these criticals that all these people speak of.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2009, 12:04:46 am »

The ONLY time light vehicles are a problem is the three M8 or 2 T17 throwaway start, though sometimes its a late game throwaway greifing attempt. 

Try setting up that 15 munition mine in a usefull spot when most of your callin is running up to the front.  Let alone when your PE, and only get mines in a Munitions half track (which should probubly just generate mines slowly over time.

Fix the crits and the Faust will be fine.  60-70% of axis infantry don't even carry them, its just that now people are and they are kicking ass that people are noticing.  I think there are only 4 units that get them any way.

Volks and KCH, Tank Hunters Assault Grens and Falls. 

Fix the crits and It'll be alright. 

Allies thought they had it good when The Axis lost their double everything, really the faust makes up for it.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2009, 12:12:35 am »

The ONLY time light vehicles are a problem is the three M8 or 2 T17 throwaway start, though sometimes its a late game throwaway greifing attempt. 

Try setting up that 15 munition mine in a usefull spot when most of your callin is running up to the front.  Let alone when your PE, and only get mines in a Munitions half track (which should probubly just generate mines slowly over time.

Fix the crits and the Faust will be fine.  60-70% of axis infantry don't even carry them, its just that now people are and they are kicking ass that people are noticing.  I think there are only 4 units that get them any way.

Volks and KCH, Tank Hunters Assault Grens and Falls. 

Fix the crits and It'll be alright. 

Allies thought they had it good when The Axis lost their double everything, really the faust makes up for it.

+1
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2009, 12:26:31 am »

Seriously, stuff a sock in it. The current faust is half-price stickie, hell sometimes it even completely takes out a tank on its own in one hit (weapon destroyed).The faust originally was a emergency AT option for units normally vulnerable to tanks (volks, schirms, kch) not a great AT option on its own, like its now.

Axis handheld AT are superior to the allied ones already, they don't need a half-price stickie to "make up" for the lack of double-shreks, as bad a change as a lot of people might consider this to have been. Whats better, the 30 second recharging sprinting tank buster blob or rangers/airborne? I honestly think tank busters are the best AT infantry in the game now with the allied infantry's exhaustion. Rangers would be a close call if it wasn't for the fact that they are more expensive, more inaccurate, have exhaustion and worse penetration.

Also, what kind of units are now impossible to counter with a single shrek and a Pak? I'd like to hear the theory on this. Secondarily, this faust change downplays the axis mine options and the ATHT which tbh are underutilized by the vast majority of players in my experience. Who wants to buy mines/ATHT who takes skill and foresight to use when you can just buy a faust which is now far deadlier for cost? Just pop a faust in it's face, I dont need no mines, atht or munitions halftrack..

The munitions halftrack is also negatively impacted by this for the vast majority of the Luftwaffe players who now put fausts on all their schirms. 1 Mine from this can blow up an entire riflesquad in one hit. It's quite good and you can always benefit from having a goliath as well. But who cares about those when you have the current fausts.

Remove the critical tables from the faust and give it a decent damage, like little under a single shrek hit or something.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:38:50 am by Smokaz » Logged
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2009, 12:50:53 am »

What kind of units are now impossible to counter with a single shrek and a Pak? I'd like to hear the theory on this. Also, this faust change downplays the axis mine options and the ATHT which tbh are underutilized by the vast majority of players in my experience. Who wants to buy mines/ATHT who takes skill and foresight to use when you can just buy a faust which is now far deadlier for cost?

Remove the critical tables from the faust and give it a decent damage, like little under a single shrek hit or something.

Individualy, No unit (is uncounterable), its the fact that allies spam three Tongue

I disagree with it discounting the mines.  One mine for 15, two fuasts for 30, though the advantage of the faust is you can carry it to then enemy, the disadvantage being the pershing will still blow up you fausting squad in one shot, and a t17 will supress them faster than you can click the button (well just about).

Mines and ATHTs have problems that the faust, pathing and fragilness makes the ATHT unfavorable, even if it can rolfrape Infantry.  As I said in the previous paragraph mines are a luck weapon, shot of M8s that drop them on top of units in their suicied runs.  And for the cost of the Munitions halftrack you can get something that is actualy more useful than two mines and a goliath.  For the Muni-halftrack to be useful it'd need to do something for vehicles like the captain does for the brit infantry.  As it is I'm not even sure what it does.

Once again, fix the crit and it solves the problem.

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2009, 12:54:04 am »

what smokaz said...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2009, 01:09:27 am »

The munitions halftrack is also negatively impacted by this for the vast majority of the Luftwaffe players who now put fausts on all their schirms. 1 Mine from this can blow up an entire riflesquad in one hit. It's quite good and you can always benefit from having a goliath as well. But who cares about those when you have the current fausts.

Cause I always have time to find a good spot to put mines...

What happened, Bangbus got immobilized?
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2009, 01:22:42 am »

Basically a sticky on vet 2 but half the cost that can destroy the main gun of a tank from such a range on more than 1 single unit is completly balanced for you, because PE has little antitank power?
RubixCubed Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2009, 01:29:27 am »

Just make the % to receive engine destroyed, imobilized, main gun destroyed  A LOT LOWER. I played smokaz gibbed 2 of his tanks main guns and in the following game with 2 fausts imobilized a FIREFLY and destroyed its main gun(it had full health). Its cool and all but its overpowered.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #158 on: June 22, 2009, 01:42:08 am »

Damage + Stun
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #159 on: June 22, 2009, 01:43:46 am »

Try that, it's an interesting idea. Axis Button.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc