Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:28:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boys AT  (Read 30764 times)
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2009, 09:33:08 pm »

Its not a supplemental AT weapon though, nobody else has a random extra light AI/AT weapon.

Hello my name is Panzerfaust, I am a light supplemental AT weapon which can also snipe weapon teams.

It was specifically put in to allow Brits to more easily deal with ACs and HTs.

Too bad about phase through then huh, kind of defeats the point. Also it can bounce on a puma.

That is what it should be good against.

Can't hit, can still bounce when it does.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2009, 03:25:56 am »

The Boys AT rifle... shouldn't ever bounce a puma.

The more I look at this thread, the more it seems that the Boyz AT rifle being used in-game is different from the one that's supposed to be :S...

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2009, 03:59:10 am »

MAJOR BUG!!!!

The Boys AT rifle given to the tommie sections in the game is weapon\boys_at_rifle - which is the unmodded, 100 percent accuracy/dmg vs infantry version of the rifle.

The actualy modded version that's been under fine_tuning is :
weapon\allies_cw\ballistic_weapon\anti_tank_gun\boys_at_rifle

And it's not used!

To fix it, go to slot_item, and change the weapon given from
weapon\boys_at_rifle
to
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2009, 04:05:43 am »

Are you people really that retarded to don't see ironic in my post?

In coh V1 works like JDAM, it hits exactly where you point with delay of 10 seconds maybe...
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2009, 04:07:26 am »

MAJOR BUG!!!!

The Boys AT rifle given to the tommie sections in the game is weapon\boys_at_rifle - which is the unmodded, 100 percent accuracy/dmg vs infantry version of the rifle.

And it's not used!

weapon\boys_at_rifle
to

I've seen it in play and I've seen it miss frequently. Hence the 100% accuracy is not in effect.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2009, 04:13:35 am »

I've seen it in play as well, and I saw it snipe KCH squads, unknown. The reason you saw it miss is because it has 0.35 accuracy at long range and 0.55 at medium range (0.75 at long).
And I know it's the 100 percent acc/dmg version of it, because I just checked the rgd's, and now I know why people keep whining about it - it's true. You can ask the all-powerful gamesguy to look it up as well Tongue.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2009, 05:22:26 am »

I've seen it in play and I've seen it miss frequently. Hence the 100% accuracy is not in effect.

100% is not referring to it being 100% accurate, but being 100% of the original accuracy, rather than the supposed reduced accuracy and/or damage version, I believe.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2009, 05:49:02 am »

I knew that it was placebo effect, don't change anything and say that we changed something so people stop whining lol.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2009, 05:50:31 am »

I knew that it was placebo effect, don't change anything and say that we changed something so people stop whining lol.

Yeah it really worked as you can see Tongue

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2009, 06:22:49 am »

MAJOR BUG!!!!

And it's not used!

weapon\boys_at_rifle
to

Mysthalin I'm not really sure what you're talking about. It all seems in order to me, and there is nothing in slot_item in regards to a boys at rifle.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2009, 08:22:45 am »

Click on slot item, find commonwealth_boys_at_rifle (something like that) and then find the weapon line in it. You'll see it uses weapon\boys_at_rifle, which is the vanilla version of it, and not weapon\allies_cw\ballistic_weapon\anti_tank_gun\boys_at_rifle, which is the version of the weapon that's actualy been modded to not be OP.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2009, 08:30:39 am »

Click on slot item, find commonwealth_boys_at_rifle (something like that) and then find the weapon line in it. You'll see it uses weapon\boys_at_rifle, which is the vanilla version of it, and not weapon\allies_cw\ballistic_weapon\anti_tank_gun\boys_at_rifle, which is the version of the weapon that's actualy been modded to not be OP.

hmm...by golly he's right. i think...trying to make sure.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:36:30 am by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2009, 08:39:15 am »

trying to find what the heck he's talking about, I can't find any entries like that.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2009, 09:00:03 am »

Go to attrib\attrib\weapon - you'll see an unmodified version of boys_at_rifle under the subfolders, which EiR currently uses in practice. From there, go to allies_cw\ballistic_weapon\anti_tank_gun\ and you'll see another boys_at_rifle, that is the "theorethical should be there" weapon that we're supposed to have for EiR.

Now go to attrib\attrib\upgrade\_europeinruins\cw\items, and find commonwealth_boys_at_rifle.
Open it, and look at actions\action_01. You will see that it uses slot_item\commonwealth_boys_at_rifle.lua

Now go to attrib\attrib\slot_item\
Scroll down till you find commonwealth_boys_at_rifle. This is what the upgrade checks when it wants to put an item in a slot(in this case, a boys at rifle).
Open commonwealth_boys_at_rifle. Open slot_item_bag, you will see "weapon" a bit further down. This is the weapon that the slot_item command gives to the unit that uses the upgrade ability.
Click on weapon, and you will see that it says weapon\boys_at_rifle.lua

Which means, that the upgrade gives the first, unmodified version of the boys_at_rifle, not the one that is intended for EiR.
Larslolapa Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2009, 09:22:12 am »

What is Boys AT??  Huh

British unit?   Lips sealed
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2009, 09:31:04 am »

actually myst i'm not seeing weapon under it. I guess i have to open up the whole module but i'm not seeing the weapon slot for it. So they may not have changed it it seems.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2009, 09:36:28 am »

You may be using an older version of corsix?

At any rate, on my corsix it's all pretty clear(that is, with having some modding experience with it).
However, believe me when I tell you I know what I'm saying, I had to fuck with upgrades and slot items for quite some time before I found out exactly and fully how it works to make upgrades work the way I want in my mod ^^.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2009, 09:57:21 am »

Go to attrib\attrib\weapon - you'll see an unmodified version of boys_at_rifle under the subfolders, which EiR currently uses in practice. From there, go to allies_cw\ballistic_weapon\anti_tank_gun\ and you'll see another boys_at_rifle, that is the "theorethical should be there" weapon that we're supposed to have for EiR

No, that is the modified version that EiR is supposed to be using in the weapon folder.

Now go to attrib\attrib\upgrade\_europeinruins\cw\items, and find commonwealth_boys_at_rifle.
Open it, and look at actions\action_01. You will see that it uses slot_item\commonwealth_boys_at_rifle.lua

That it does.

Which then makes this -

Now go to attrib\attrib\slot_item\
Scroll down till you find commonwealth_boys_at_rifle. This is what the upgrade checks when it wants to put an item in a slot(in this case, a boys at rifle).
Open commonwealth_boys_at_rifle. Open slot_item_bag, you will see "weapon" a bit further down. This is the weapon that the slot_item command gives to the unit that uses the upgrade ability.
Click on weapon, and you will see that it says weapon\boys_at_rifle.lu

Very interesting. Because that entry does not exist.

Something is fishy, and it's either you or the archive structure.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:59:35 am by Malevolence » Logged
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2009, 12:20:33 pm »

The AT Rifle already only hits 25 percent of the time, with a 0.25 damage modifier(15 damage).

How much more do you want to nerf it?

I'm surprised people are actualy complaining about it, considering just how much better brens are. Anything between 5-30 kills, including units like KCH and LMG grens.
What I suggested was not a nerf but a buff against tanks. All i was saying was decreasing its chance of hitting inf. to the same as a schreck hitting inf., THEN increase its penetration and damage versus armor. Afterall, it is an anti-armor weapons so a bigger nerf against its anti infantry capabilities shouldnt even be much of a deal to any brit player. Who uses BoysAT rifles to fight infantry anyways?

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2009, 01:04:24 pm »

The AT Rifle already only hits 25 percent of the time, with a 0.25 damage modifier(15 damage).

How much more do you want to nerf it?

I'm surprised people are actualy complaining about it, considering just how much better brens are. Anything between 5-30 kills, including units like KCH and LMG grens.
What I suggested was not a nerf but a buff against tanks. All i was saying was decreasing its chance of hitting inf. to the same as a schreck hitting inf., THEN increase its penetration and damage versus armor. Afterall, it is an anti-armor weapons so a bigger nerf against its anti infantry capabilities shouldnt even be much of a deal to any brit player. Who uses BoysAT rifles to fight infantry anyways?

Keeps uses his boys blob against pretty much any target :X

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc