Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:23:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boys AT  (Read 30756 times)
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2009, 01:20:53 pm »

The AT Rifle already only hits 25 percent of the time, with a 0.25 damage modifier(15 damage).

How much more do you want to nerf it?

I'm surprised people are actualy complaining about it, considering just how much better brens are. Anything between 5-30 kills, including units like KCH and LMG grens.
What I suggested was not a nerf but a buff against tanks. All i was saying was decreasing its chance of hitting inf. to the same as a schreck hitting inf., THEN increase its penetration and damage versus armor. Afterall, it is an anti-armor weapons so a bigger nerf against its anti infantry capabilities shouldnt even be much of a deal to any brit player. Who uses BoysAT rifles to fight infantry anyways?

Keeps uses his boys blob against pretty much any target :X

Exactly what i wanted to say. And god knows what new kind of monster core he has now, using against EliteGren.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2009, 01:25:48 pm »

Previous two games I played against him the 1-2 last days(which he both lost) he had bangbus + croc as a core.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2009, 01:48:03 pm »

No, that is the modified version that EiR is supposed to be using in the weapon folder.

Then why exactly is the modified version the one under
weapon\allies_cw\ballistic_weapon\anti_tank_gun\
Whereas the one in just weapon is completely unchanged?
The game THINKS it's supposed to use the one in weapon due to what is writen under slot_item\commonwealth_boys_at_rifle, and it tells for the game to use the unmodded, 100 of base accuracy and damage vs infantry version of the AT rifle, whichweapon\boys_at_rifle, when the version that had been modified is the weapon\allies_cw\ballistic_weapon\anti_tank_gun\boys_at_rifle one.

Very interesting. Because that entry does not exist.

Something is fishy, and it's either you or the archive structure.

The fuck? what version of corsix are you using exactly?

What I suggested was not a nerf but a buff against tanks. All i was saying was decreasing its chance of hitting inf. to the same as a schreck hitting inf., THEN increase its penetration and damage versus armor. Afterall, it is an anti-armor weapons so a bigger nerf against its anti infantry capabilities shouldnt even be much of a deal to any brit player. Who uses BoysAT rifles to fight infantry anyways?

Read the discussion of a few posts now. Basicaly, the version of the AT rifle being used in EiR is one that has never been moded, and does 60 damage to infantry.

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2009, 02:43:33 pm »

No, that is the modified version that EiR is supposed to be using in the weapon folder.

Then why exactly is the modified version the one under
weapon\allies_cw\ballistic_weapon\anti_tank_gun\
Whereas the one in just weapon is completely unchanged?
The game THINKS it's supposed to use the one in weapon due to what is writen under slot_item\commonwealth_boys_at_rifle, and it tells for the game to use the unmodded, 100 of base accuracy and damage vs infantry version of the AT rifle, whichweapon\boys_at_rifle, when the version that had been modified is the weapon\allies_cw\ballistic_weapon\anti_tank_gun\boys_at_rifle one.

Because you are opening the wrong file.  I bet you followed the instructions on the site and made a new mod, opening all the files, including the default coh ones.

Very interesting. Because that entry does not exist.

Something is fishy, and it's either you or the archive structure.

The fuck? what version of corsix are you using exactly?

Mal is correct, you are opening the entire coh archive, there's gonna be all sorts of shit thats not in EIR when you do that.  Tell me, does it have three folders called atrib, movies, and data when you first open the mod with corsix?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2009, 03:49:32 pm »

Yes it does, gamesguy.

However, corsix has a nice way of showing which files are modded, and which are not. The boys at rifle that's being given to the tommies is an unmodded ToV version - if you have disabled non-modded files in your view, it would be why it does not show up for you. For me, it does, and the modded slot_item ability does indeed point to the unmodded ToV version of the boys AT rifle. If you do not believe me, you may ask the axis just what exactly do they feel about the AT rifle having a 0.15 accuracy and damage modifier against their infantry, the allies that use the boys AT how much they penetrate rear P4 armor after the "fix" against it, and finaly - field test it yourself.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2009, 05:14:19 pm »

Yes it does, gamesguy.

However, corsix has a nice way of showing which files are modded, and which are not. The boys at rifle that's being given to the tommies is an unmodded ToV version - if you have disabled non-modded files in your view, it would be why it does not show up for you. For me, it does, and the modded slot_item ability does indeed point to the unmodded ToV version of the boys AT rifle. If you do not believe me, you may ask the axis just what exactly do they feel about the AT rifle having a 0.15 accuracy and damage modifier against their infantry, the allies that use the boys AT how much they penetrate rear P4 armor after the "fix" against it, and finaly - field test it yourself.

Ok I just got home and checked.  

It appears the upgrade itself links to a vcoh item.   So either the entry under slot_item needs to change the path to weapons/cw/blah blah/boysat instead of just weapons/boysat, or a new entry needs to be created(probably the best way) under slot_item and have the upgrade point to that new entry.

I'll go tell a dev about it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:29:35 pm by gamesguy2 » Logged
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2009, 05:21:16 pm »

And that's how I wasted 50 pps...
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2009, 05:30:17 pm »

Considering the vCoH boysat is the one thats like a semi-auto sniper rifle against infantry...
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2009, 06:15:22 pm »

Ok I just got home and checked.  

It appears the upgrade itself links to a vcoh item.   So either the entry under slot_item needs to change the path to weapons/cw/blah blah/boysat instead of just weapons/boysat, or a new entry needs to be created(probably the best way) under slot_item and have the upgrade point to that new entry.

I'll go tell a dev about it.

So I was indeed right. Don't forget to tell them that I found the bug, and thusly should get all the glory for it Tongue.

To Baine : who got double pwned now, bitch? BURN!
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2009, 03:34:19 am »

Considering the vCoH boysat is the one thats like a semi-auto sniper rifle against infantry...

That was ironic, I wasted it thanks you, cuz it's gonna be nerfed now, and I told Mysthalin to check it's stats... fail
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2009, 04:25:18 am »

FYI Mysthalin, you should reference when you're going between two separate SGA files.

Also bugged is that it has an unnecessary entry as "item_boys_at_rifle.rgd" in the upgrades menu, I believe, when that specific entry should instead be under slot_item, thus resulting in our problem.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 04:28:14 am by Malevolence » Logged

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2009, 05:03:23 am »

If there is no upgrade ability, it can't point to slot_item, therefore it can't point to the weapon with which the unit is upgraded. It's all necessary, mal.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2009, 05:24:35 am »

No it already has an upgrade ability under commonwealth_boys_at_rifle.rgd

There is also item_boys_at_rifle.rgd, which should not be present in the upgrade folder unless the team has been deviating from basic Relic upgrade designations quite significantly.

And by quite significantly, I mean "there is no file path that uses upgrade/item_boys_at_rifle.rgd".
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2009, 05:29:24 am »

Ah, you mean that. I don't think that one affects the game in any way, as the tommie section points to the commonwealth_boys_at_rifle.lua file
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2009, 05:36:51 am »

Yes, given its prefix of "item_", my guess is that it was a misplaced entry from slot_item by some dev in need of coffee resultin in this bug.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2009, 07:42:19 am »

Boys AT is useless now.

It was nerfed too hard. I believe its a downgrade for tommies to buy that thing. Give it higher damage on hit or make it better against infantry again. At the moment it can't really hurt anything besides bikes.

Or higher the penetration to make it a light version of the recoiless.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 07:44:26 am by Baine » Logged
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2009, 07:45:58 am »

Boys AT is useless now.

It was nerfed too hard. I believe its a downgrade for tommies to buy that thing. Give it higher damage on hit or make it better against infantry again. At the moment it can't really hurt anything besides bikes.

Or higher the penetration to make it a light version of the recoiless.

+ I sold all of them on my tommies, it's useless shit now, it can't kill pumas, it can't kill even hts, noone complained so hard about old at rifles.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 07:48:56 am by Draken » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2009, 08:15:42 am »

We'll definitely have to look at buffing it statwise so that it can actually take on vehicles like it's supposed to.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2009, 09:09:52 am »

It was barely worth the 50 munitions when it was the OP rigged boys AT rifle, why would it still be worth 50 munitions with its effective vs infantry quartered?

Make better vs vehicles, please. They are its intended target after all...
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2009, 09:12:51 am »

It was barely worth the 50 munitions when it was the OP rigged boys AT rifle, why would it still be worth 50 munitions with its effective vs infantry quartered?

Make better vs vehicles, please. They are its intended target after all...

Actually i thought it was fine before the patch, but then again it would pwn infantry hard.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc