Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:32:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok after some exploratory stuff I believe that the 57 needs some work..  (Read 4838 times)
NCOIC Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: July 12, 2009, 02:14:54 am »

It seems that the paks get this cloaking device that enables them to get the bennies of AP rounds on the first shot. While one may have to reset the cloak after it's cool down time it in effect the pak gets unlimited AP rounds if you do this.... Also I understand that this is a passive thing in that you can set it and leave it alone until something triggers it. So ya get a gun that requires fairly less baby sitting than an 57, uses the AP ability a lot more than the few measly times that the 57 does thru the cloaking ability.

So how about evening things up a little bit here? Mebbe after you buy the AP rounds (that an AT gun should have by default!) You don't have to babysit the damm gun? Set it and let it loose. Now ya might keep it limited to 2 or so uses or charge more but i think that it's a bit unfair that the .57 has this limtation.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 02:25:43 am »

57 vs Pak *AGAIN*

I thought after removing move from cloak this might go away Wink

Still, interested what peoples thoughts are.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 02:27:53 am »

its fine. pak does 115 damage and the "ap round" makes it do better penetration and i think 140 or so damage one thing i'm still waiting for is the hold fire on at guns

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 03:04:50 am »

Agree with the hold fire thing (personally I'd prefer it to never fire at infantry unless told to).

Again, personally, I think AP rounds should be single shot then timer single shot, would alleviate a few of the problems people have trying to get an effective use of Ap rounds, plus you could remount the gun and still have the benefit of what you paid for (like Pak Cloak is).

I wouldn't mind a slight damage reduction on normal rounds if it had to be price balanced. (prefer not to mess with base costs, as it fits a company well with what it is now).

Right now, I take British reinforcements and use their AT-guns, as they get cloak for free.
I used to take 2 ATG and 2 Airborne ATG, but it annoyed me there was a higher price on airborne ATG's AP rounds, especially as it's hard to keep them long enough to even get the full use.

I always thought the doctrine choice that gave cheaper airborne grenades should reduce the cost inline with ground based ATG-AP rounds (the name of the unlock escapes me now).

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 04:19:22 am »

Increase cost of 57s by 20 munitions, make AP round an ability on a cooldown like treadbreaker is - click it, use it against an enemy tank(treadbreaker style), fire normaly, after 2 minutes(and possibly 1987520 recrews), fire another AP round.

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 05:20:07 am »

Make PaK decloak after one shot. Done.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 06:35:52 am »

Doesn't it do that already?

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 06:42:34 am »

No, the gun decloaks after 2, the crew after 3. Except the third guy, but he doesn't actually appear uncloaked until the third shot to your opponent.

Unless they changed it and I haven't noticed, that could've happened, too.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 06:45:20 am »

Pak decloaks after the first shot, no matter what.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 06:53:50 am »

However, it goes like this :
Cloak shot - decloak shot - decloak shot - cloak shot - decloak shot - decloak shot - infinite loop.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 06:56:32 am »

Paks are fine, 57mm and 6pnds NEED a hold fire button though, badly.
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 07:35:44 am »

By the way, has anybody noticed that at guns seem to be hitting each other most of the time again?  Was the accuracy nerf removed at some point?
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 07:57:02 am »

I've been noticing PaKs getting anal raped by 57mm and 6 lber all of the time, otherwise no.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 08:11:57 am »

Paks seem to get destroyed by 57mm.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 04:03:08 am »

paks have a higher muni cost to make up for their "free AP rounds" but this doesn't matter because AP rounds I believe make the 57 more expensive anyways, also a pak will get it's free AP rounds as long as it is on the field. a 57 could lose its AP rounds before it even gets a chance to use it on something, this of course carries over to the MG. which in my opinion is a good reason why there shoudl be a cost decrease on both of these. you assume the AP rounds would be left at the gun, not carried by the soldiers (not that realism really has a foot in here). I have all 4 MGs and all 4 ATGs in my infantry company, i win most games and I have AP rounds on every one of them. some games i am very thankful i have them, i pop AP rounds as soon as i see even a bike because i fear i won't be able to get all my uses out of them, same with sticky bombs, ill toss a sticky on a fucking ketten grad if it gets close enough. but that's just a liability of playing allies, one of the benefits of playing axis imo.

lets look at the sticky, 80 muni, same as an lmg, imagine if you bring out a lmg gren squad and you never even fire the lmg on them before they get killed. anyways im going off topic, ill stop haha.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
tankspirit666 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 05:49:28 am »

So how about evening things up a little bit here? Mebbe after you buy the AP rounds (that an AT gun should have by default!) You don't have to babysit the damm gun? Set it and let it loose. Now ya might keep it limited to 2 or so uses or charge more but i think that it's a bit unfair that the .57 has this limtation.

sarcasm on
Let's make an uniform army. Every faction can do the same as the other factions can at the same price of course.
sarcasm off

Pak40 was nerfed by not being able to move while being cloaked. An AT Gun deals more damage than a Pak40. Buffing the AT Guns makes the PE even less attractive, that they currently are.

Nuff said.....
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 06:24:43 am »

An AT Gun deals more damage than a Pak40

First of all, it's a pak38.
Secondly, an AT gun deals as much damage on each shot as a pak deals on it's first, and even if a pak and a 57 are put together, without either AP rounds OR cloak being used, the pak does more damage per second than the 57.
Actualy, it is not even WORTH USING the semi-auto ATG bug on a pak, due to how fast it shoots.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc