Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 03:57:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repair + Retreat  (Read 12811 times)
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 12:47:10 am »

At the same time, infantry retreat should have a 10 second timer, so you can't run squads up to kill tanks and get them back out safely with retreat.

Also remove speed buff from the retreat.

That would make it fair on vehicles and infantry, neither could run away from a bad situation.

Want to buy infantry with Sherman armor and road bonus, speed of six.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2009, 12:59:04 am »

Can we stick to the OP content please.

Personally, I agree tanks should not be able to retreat while repairing.
I'd also be in favour of a timer on *anything* retreating, as this would alleviate the tank thing anyway.
OR removing the speed buff for infantry retreating (but allowing them to instantly start fleeing)

As for the buffs on freshly spawned units, make a new thread. Roll Eyes
But I agree with a ten minute timer on it Smokaz, after that you shouldn't get it, but can it be coded that way.

Umm no.  You would never see tanks repair if this were the case.  Its way to easy to airborne/ranger rush a tank and take it out because it cant move or fire.  Having it at the spawn atleast gives us the option to remove it from the map to save the vet.

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2009, 01:28:51 am »

They can do that anyway gamesguy.

The difference is if the vehicle was parked at spawn you can take it off to save the vet/pp cost.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2009, 01:39:45 am »

Vet Hunter Paradise

Remove retreat on all units so that you have to manually move them to spawn and withdraw them this way there would be no vetunits since you can easily vet hunt them and only vet units would be artillery units.

How cool is that?

This is one of the most idiotic ideas I've ever heard around EIR Forums. Retreat ability nullified when tank is repairing in its spawn? Rush it. It has no protection in mid game when enemy has around 30 secs to call in something to protect that unit that is unable to do anything. The offmap spamage on tanks that are in repair (especially if vet tank) would make tanks basically 1 use vehicles...no.

I'd srsly love if a Vet 3 Pershing would be MI'ed because it was repairing and unable to retreat. Or even more Half dead Vet 3 KT.

Are people whining because tank killing isn't as easy as it was with older Repair systems? Repair bunker and half dead tank sitting there under repairs? Now it sits in spawn and repairs and you can't vet hunt it because simple click will save the Cost, Vet, PP of that vehicle once it is gone. If you want tanks gone destroy them while in low health that answers to everyone's problem.

Retreat should stay as it is.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2009, 02:03:39 am »

Static arty is basically one use, bunkers are one use, infantry are one use, everything besides tanks are one use.

Vet Hunter Paradise? You don't keep a vet 3 squad on the field with a single man left in the squad... why would you leave a vet 3 tank unprotected while it's healing?

All the arugments boil down to, I want to be able to fix my tank without supporting it at all. Infantry don't get that pelasure, why should tanks?

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2009, 02:07:59 am »

Static arty is basically one use, bunkers are one use, infantry are one use, everything besides tanks are one use.

Vet Hunter Paradise? You don't keep a vet 3 squad on the field with a single man left in the squad... why would you leave a vet 3 tank unprotected while it's healing?

All the arugments boil down to, I want to be able to fix my tank without supporting it at all. Infantry don't get that pelasure, why should tanks?

Alright.

Tell me how the hell can I protect a tank that  is repairing and basically immobile thing without any sort of weaponry from a Offmap? Any possible way? No matter how many infantry units PAKs and other stuff I have around it that won't help the unit. Was it my Hellcat, Sherman Ostwind or a Panther. NOTHING protects it from Recon run/Military Intelligence and Offmap
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2009, 03:19:34 am »

One clowncar with Piats/Schrecks will at least get that thing offmap. Victory for you.

Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2009, 03:33:51 am »

NightRain, the same can be said for infantry blobs healing at a Triage or Scout car.

The difference is, you never see people put those things at the end of the map.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2009, 04:08:07 am »

NightRain, the same can be said for infantry blobs healing at a Triage or Scout car.

The difference is, you never see people put those things at the end of the map.

Because they can Move away when Infantry says "Krauts are tossing artillery on us!" or "Achtung Artillery!" other than immobile tank...that can't move out of the way you don't get the point- do you?
Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2009, 04:13:51 am »

Yes, sure do.

You expect impunity for tanks, because you want to use it twice, which other units don't get to do. Tongue
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2009, 04:43:04 am »

Yes, sure do.

You expect impunity for tanks, because you want to use it twice, which other units don't get to do. Tongue

So basically you want all tanks to be 1 use only?

No tank repair and ability to retreat is fine.

Then whoever repairs his tank is like "Insert Offmap here Plz"
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2009, 05:09:31 am »

What about arty in the spawn? Many players leave their Priest/Callie in the spawn, ready to retreat at any sign of threat; it makes it near impossible to kill arty, that can come out to hit the enemy an infinite amount of times, vs repairing only once.

Priests/Callies/Hummels aren't that difficult to kill in spawn.   Wait till the player is microing something and rocket arty it or use storms to one volley it.

For the hummel, I generally used M10s or airborne drops when it leaves spawn to fire.

Does the captan give the retreat to ability? as then you could easily do glider dropped inpiat commandos - rape the vehicl, smoke and then retreattothe captan

Eir customer support staff.
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2009, 05:23:13 am »

Does the captan give the retreat to ability? as then you could easily do glider dropped inpiat commandos - rape the vehicl, smoke and then retreattothe captan

Nope theres no retreat to captain

aka UckY  Wink
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2009, 06:52:31 am »

******** i play to little eir lately
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc