Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 07:37:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State of this mod....  (Read 31570 times)
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 02:18:44 am »

Also a minor issue with pe i came accross:
The Marder costs 380MP 120Fuel, which is the same MP as any ATGun.
Why is that so? (considering that the atgun can be remannend endlessly until something actually destroys the atgun)

Because the Marder doesn't HAVE to be recrewed because it CAN'T be decrewed. It just gets its "gun" destroyed and has no vulnerability whatsoever of any appreciable level to small arms. It is also massively faster than an AT gun.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2009, 02:36:53 am »

i had some more ideas:
offmaps can only be used in enemy territory that borders your territory.
or offmaps can be dropped in FOW (only in that territory described above) but it takes like 10 seconds before the smoke falls and arty starts dropping when you use it. (like AB dont instaspawn)

and about fireup: couldnt it be made into a retreat button for your troops like you used retreat in vCoH? if youre in trouble, you press fireup and your AB/rangers automaticly fireup and move to your spawn.
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2009, 07:48:22 am »

Speaking of arty.  I made an AB squad with 4 strafes and 4 bombing runs.  I know its a tier 4, but so is falling fear.  This thing just rapes anything that moves.  I think strafe needs some kinda warning, its just so fast.

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2009, 08:09:56 am »

i had some more ideas:
offmaps can only be used in enemy territory that borders your territory.
or offmaps can be dropped in FOW (only in that territory described above) but it takes like 10 seconds before the smoke falls and arty starts dropping when you use it. (like AB dont instaspawn)

and about fireup: couldnt it be made into a retreat button for your troops like you used retreat in vCoH? if youre in trouble, you press fireup and your AB/rangers automaticly fireup and move to your spawn.

YES YES YES!!!!!

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2009, 09:02:52 am »

YES YES YES!!!!!
+1
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2009, 09:22:08 am »

*as for stormie cloak, make it render the squad immobile, and only usable in cover*

Fire Up is pretty damn useless as it is. Try it out yourself, rather than continuously ranting how powerful it is.

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2009, 09:32:47 am »

+1 for you myst

When Fireup wears off, the unit gets chewed apart. Im gonna take a page from leophones book and say "dont change what isnt necessary."

Airbourne's good, get over it. Dont see me bitchin on the internet about stormies alpha striking my tanks.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2009, 10:17:37 am »

That is because it would take more than 2 squads of stromies to alpha a tank. Oh and if you have infantry around it is pretty hard to get stromies close enough, oh and that is 500 munis for 4 shrecks that are probably being retreated anyways.

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2009, 10:22:59 am »

Should also make it so Assault doesn't break suppression, people use it as an offensive get out of jail free card.

Stormies not being able to move while cloaked would work well with Fire Up retreating to spawn.

Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2009, 12:30:24 pm »

double shrecks are now 280.  Storms also have weakness's.  If they have shrecks, inf kill them, if they don't tanks kill them, they get supressed very easily.  Do not compare that to fire up.  Fire up is awesome, saves you from any situation where you're going to be arty'd or countered.  And it lasts long enough to get back to your lines, and if you fail to do so.  Then its your fault for being stupid with your men, and not that fire up sucks.  Also, airborne snipers, mgs and mortars currently don't have that red aura after... so I'm spamming them and 4 strafe and 4 bombing runs.
BigDick
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2009, 02:00:29 pm »

i have to change my statement a little bit

this mod ist currently completely destroyed by the amount of onmap and offmaps especially royal canadian artillery

using it by yourself maybe fun for one game but playing against that is just no fun and a waste of time
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2009, 02:02:00 pm »

Blitzen - Airborne with fire up = 4 speed.
Tiger = 4 speed.
You want me to list every tank/vehicle that's faster than the AB, so it means fire up is nil?
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2009, 03:01:40 pm »

+1 for you myst

When Fireup wears off, the unit gets chewed apart. Im gonna take a page from leophones book and say "dont change what isnt necessary."
Airbourne's good, get over it. Dont see me bitchin on the internet about stormies alpha striking my tanks.

hihi, i didnt say fireup is OP, i just made the solution  Roll Eyes
Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2009, 04:26:03 pm »

Storms are still my biggest gripe mainly because they can cloak and move and become very powerful with vet. Although I think Snipers should be the only unit able to move and cloak reducing their vision would suit me too.

My worst time they uncloaked (vet 2), killed my firefly which was under MG cover and even though they got suppressed, killed the mg bunker and proceeded to run away taking 0 casualties while being chased by scouts, regular tommies and regular sappers. The scouts made sure they was in full vision the entire time after them cloaking twice and I eventually only got them because they stopped and killed another tank currently fighting a panther..and that was with an FOO...and still only 2 of them.

At first it was them cloaking and moving that bothered me but in actual fact it is because they get no penalty except speed for being cloaked and still allowed to move. They should not be able to see so far while cloaked and I think this would solve a lot of the problems with them. They can spot and shoot at max range from cloak. Allowing them to also spot for cloaked PAKs, they are not a scout unit and should not be able to be used as such with immunity from being invisible.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 04:28:14 pm by Lemures » Logged
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2009, 04:29:59 pm »

Blitzen - Airborne with fire up = 4 speed.
Tiger = 4 speed.
You want me to list every tank/vehicle that's faster than the AB, so it means fire up is nil?
Yes, use a vehicle to counter an anti-vehicle unit.

A comparison between Storms/Cloak and AB/Fire up should not be made, as they are two different units, and their only real similarity is that Schrecks and RRs share the same purpose, and that they're both doctrine-specific units.
However, if comparisons between between the two are to be made, AB are superior in almost every way.

Quote from: Mysthalin
Fire Up is pretty damn useless as it is.
I'm not quite sure how to react to this; shock or laughter.
Are you trolling?

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2009, 06:34:00 pm »

fireup sucks compared to cloaking.

If I could pay 100mu for a cloak on a rifle squad, i'd gladly chip in.
Fire up only gets you away from a MG, but you'll get chased down by any supporting infantry.  Cloaking allows you to get into an optimal firing position (behind mg/tank) and, currently, is also a great gtfo tool. (Just turn on your predator cloak while under fire... and lead the chasing infantry right into that *other* cloaked unit with stg's and a bundle nade)
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2009, 06:55:25 pm »

sigh...

*state of this mod*, everyone is banging their heads trying to learn how to use their units.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2009, 07:00:55 pm »

sigh...

*state of this mod*, everyone is banging their heads trying to learn how to use their units.
lol this
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2009, 08:15:57 pm »

balance is completely fucked.

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2009, 09:04:31 pm »

I agree, I just lost a jagdpanther because 1 of my own teller mines immobilized it when a jeep tried to block it, fix pl0x.

/sarcasm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc