Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:50:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Veterancy Recommendations  (Read 8734 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« on: August 16, 2009, 11:55:35 am »

Just a heads up on some of the changes we will be making soon.

Veterancy is being reworked: basically what we'll be doing is toning down the existing veterancy, altering some values and removing others to (hopefully) reduce the vast advantage veteran units have in the current game. Some unit types are getting hit more than others but all will be affected in one way or another. (Ranging from minor nerfs to significant ones) Mind you, before you light your torches, that despite the nerfs we are ensuring that overall veterancy is still going to be very much worth the PP investment.

Another thing we will be reviewing are unit XP modifiers. These are the values found between () in the vet list, this value determines how fast a unit gains veterancy. The current vet levels are 10, 40, 80. An engineer squad for example has a modifier of (2.0), this means that their vet requirements are 5, 20, 40.

For this we would appreciate your input. What units do you think gain veterancy too fast and which ones are too hard (or even impossible) to vet up? We'll definitely be using the community's perception and experience with veterancy when making the changes. Just keep in mind that design wise all units are intended to vet up 'fairly' fast in the current game but there's no doubt some units are going too fast while others are far too slow.

Thanks,
Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 12:05:27 pm »

Sherman Firefly takes way too long to get it considering it's survivability imo.

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 12:12:44 pm »

Fireflys taking too long as all i can really think of atm. Sure inf hts and the such but they just die to quickly to vet up and arent worth it.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 12:17:23 pm »

commando jeep is impossible, LOL

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
bristiler Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 12:46:07 pm »

commando sniper is extremely easy to vet to vet 3
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 01:03:19 pm »

i think it would be cool if some units always had reroll chances. like jeeps/bikes and things of that nature which are really hard to first vet up, and second, keep alive multiple games. that way if your vet 1 jeep dies you have a chance of it coming back after the game.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 01:05:31 pm »

ok..but only for units which are veryvery hard to vet up.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 01:18:33 pm »

ok..but only for units which are veryvery hard to vet up.

naw man i want AB to have 85% chance to survive =P

i was thinking just scouting units, IHT, maybe ATGs? the thing is there are some units that perform well in the game, they just never ever last more then one or two games. engs/pios, MGs, ive seen plenty of axis vetted mortars, (not lately) but never allied ones.

of course who knows how hard it would be to put in some kind of reroll code for only certain units.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 01:22:09 pm »

jeeps, bikes, brens, IHTs.
maybe axis and ami HT but im not sure about this because its easier to kill an axis HT than the ami one.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 01:24:30 pm »

MGs are too hard to vet up.
Fireflies are too hard to vet up.
Panzergrenadiers are too easy to vet up(you can get 4-5 vet 2s in one game if you play alright).
Engineers/pioneers are too hard to keep alive, even if they're easy to vet up. Remove insta-die flame explosion critical.
Hotchkiss is slightly too hard to vet up.
HTs are too hard to vet up and keep alive.
Kettenkrad/WM Schwim are impossible ;P.
Mortar is too easy to vet up.
Hotch Stuka is horribly too hard to vet up.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 01:34:22 pm »

Light Vehicles are hard to vet up.

Normally any Carrier is hard to vet up since they get chased down and destroyed or destroyed pretty quickly.

Everything that focuses on ANTI TANK is easy to vet up since killing a tank gives more XP than killing 1 Squad...

Engineer infantry is hard to vet up (except Sapper squad that gets PIATS but non-piat Sappers)
Recon units with no weaponry are impossible to vet up unless they get ability to bumrush a sniper that walks on an egative cover.

Mun HT is hard to vet up? Or does it gets its veterancy from giving mun and assisting in killing?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 01:44:03 pm »

jeeps, bike shwimms, and especially kettens.
-Give the ketten a LT like vet gain aura (also maybe muni ht and vamp HT)
-just reduce vet requirements and make vet 2 free and vet 3 1 sp

Engineers/Pios are hard to vet up
-just reduce vet requirements and make vet 2 1sp and vet 3 2 sp
-remove flamer critical at vet 2. the worst thing is when they vet up and then blow up.

halftracks are troublesome to vet

mgs dont live enough to keep their vet.

I would say it would be nice to have free vet 2 on m10 and hellcat but sometimes they aren't used as kamikazees so it would be an unfair request.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:47:02 pm by Ununoctium » Logged

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 02:03:25 pm »

My opinion on the hardest units to vet and whose requirements must be lower:

M10s (Needs lower vet requirement)
- They tend to not live very long and I can't ever imagine trying to save a M10 to vet 3.  A hellcat can easily get vet 3 due to it having much longer range.

57mm AT Guns (US) - Getting outsniped by Marders, bombed by long range mortars and mortar halftracks, wouldn't be a problem if we could buy cloak like the Brits, their crews rarely live long enough to make use of their vets, and the annoying thing I noticed last game was an ally AT gun using AP round and missing twice.... really, we're suppose to use this?  It should counter tanks! Heh.

Halftracks (US) - Slow but powerful firing gun, low life/armor compared to tanks, only on occassion have I ever had a vet 1 and he died XD

Engineers - Vet 1 is all I have, never ever would vet them up due to instant death explosion of flamethrowers

Carriers for Brits - Kangaroo and Bren Carrier.. how the heck are they suppose to earn vet to get any of those cool bonuses? Bump into a house and collapse it?

Sherman Crocodile - Okay, no one uses it, it sucks and is too short ranged, limited to 1 avail normally, is anyone actually suppose to be able to vet this thing?

I think everything else (at least from the US Infantry side, can't comment on airborne or armor doctrine units) is just fine in being just tolerable and requiring work to get like rangers and riflemen.  Maybe lower ranger vet requirement but that's not like a must, just a nice thing to have.  The above though needs to be done/addressed.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 02:13:46 pm by lionel23 » Logged

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 02:10:41 pm »

Sherman Crocodile - Okay, no one uses it, it sucks and is too short ranged, limited to 1 avail normally, is anyone actually suppose to be able to vet this thing?

It uses a flamethrower, what do you expect?

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 02:15:17 pm »

So does the Churchill Croc, and that thing owns.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 02:19:00 pm »

i disagree with you lionel. not every unit is meant to be vet3. thats how it sounds to me :/

*Snip.  Leave personal attack out or else. ~Das.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 02:45:14 pm by DasNoob » Logged
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 02:49:17 pm »

It's a T3 unlock, what do you expect?

Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 03:27:41 pm »

It's a T3 unlock, what do you expect?
Instead of the silly m10 and m18 buff why not give armour a supercroc with churchill flamers stats?
GeneralGlacko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 04:10:35 pm »

I say get rid of the pp cost on the hotchkiss stuka and give it a considerable damage buff yet keeping the cooldown vet bonuses.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 04:17:44 pm »

make the veterancy level of all units the same

25xp - vet 1

125xp - vet 2

350 - vet 3

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print