Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 12:32:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] American Officer  (Read 27213 times)
Thepassenger Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 01:13:12 pm »

mabye cause a M1911 cannot shoot in that mannor.

hitting people from 20-30 yards out with 2 or 3 shots is pretty farfetch on several different levels.

And bumping up that weapon 'just cause he is elite captain' is not a definitive reason. but this is an rpg so w/e.

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 01:14:46 pm »

uh..  i never changed anything on the gun but its cooldown i believe.  its base stats for range and damage and what not.

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 01:18:47 pm »

Right now he plays John Wayne dealing headshot crits rapidly from long range.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 01:33:32 pm »

I've played with him quite extensively, he seems to be picking off kills from pretty damaged squads rather then dealing headshots. I believe this is happening due to the fact that he has a relatively rapid rate of fire; combine that with close range for accuracy and he ends up stealing quite a few kills. So although he may end the game with 20 kills, how many of those did he earn on his own. Fact of the mattter is, it appears many of them are either assists or stolen kills.

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 01:39:08 pm »

usually kills charging men (3-4 in a row)

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 01:45:11 pm »

Just make him shoot more slowly. What the super speed firing does is it makes the 10% crit chance weigh in very heavily rather than not so heavily. By increasing the number of trials, the statistics become more significant, to use statistics terms, as they come closer to the actual percentage more often.

Basically he shoots too many bullets too fast.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 01:55:20 pm »

Make him more dangerous in close quarter, and not a semi sniper.

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 01:59:23 pm »

One way to fix that would be to change his aim multiplier at longer ranges so that he takes a longer time to line up his shots before opening up with a ridiculous script-kiddie-scroll-wheel pistol barrage.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 02:17:09 pm »

i always thought he was fine, because i would easily rack up just as many kills with my wher officer if i ran him with some KCHs or LMG grens. the problem isn't the US officer, it's the fact that he's running along with tommy rangers or bar rifles. heck last war i had commando reinforcements and i had a thompson ranger quad and a sten squad running with my officer and they would totally wreck any infantry they came into contact with.

i mean wher officer can get just about as many kills AND he gets an off map. tbh i think all the officers are fine, brit officers are weaker, but they can pick up stuff. LT or capt with lmg or RR or something is awesome

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 02:18:38 pm »

i always thought he was fine, because i would easily rack up just as many kills with my wher officer if i ran him with some KCHs or LMG grens. the problem isn't the US officer, it's the fact that he's running along with tommy rangers or bar rifles. heck last war i had commando reinforcements and i had a thompson ranger quad and a sten squad running with my officer and they would totally wreck any infantry they came into contact with.

i mean wher officer can get just about as many kills AND he gets an off map. tbh i think all the officers are fine, brit officers are weaker, but they can pick up stuff. LT or capt with lmg or RR or something is awesome

Wehr officer can not get that many kills due to his rate of fire, he only gets that amount from the offmap. US officer just goes about crit shotting full health units all the time since he can fire more bullets

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 02:20:55 pm »

Well the US officer was designed to be an offensive officer like the lt or even more so, which is why we had originally designed him to have a thompson smg.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 02:23:03 pm »

someone should post the stats of all these guys so we can do a real comparison. health/cost/rof and such.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 02:29:41 pm »

Well the US officer was designed to be an offensive officer like the lt or even more so, which is why we had originally designed him to have a thompson smg.

He should have the smg atleast then he has to get close and cant crit shot you non stomp from 2 miles away.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009, 05:51:58 pm »

I've played with him quite extensively, he seems to be picking off kills from pretty damaged squads rather then dealing headshots. I believe this is happening due to the fact that he has a relatively rapid rate of fire; combine that with close range for accuracy and he ends up stealing quite a few kills. So although he may end the game with 20 kills, how many of those did he earn on his own. Fact of the mattter is, it appears many of them are either assists or stolen kills.

PQ

Exactly. Because you usually tend to have him with other units unlike the Defensive Officer, he'll still a lot of kills your infantry would normally get.

He should have the smg atleast then he has to get close and cant crit shot you non stomp from 2 miles away.

I believe Salan tried this but I remember him making a post where he said "trying to get american officer to hold his thompson but he keeps wanting to use his colt" thats why he his pistol rof is so high now.

So lets see,

Def officer Mortar off map, gets mp40 at vet 2, mp44 at vet 3, supervises and gives damage increase
Terror Officer - slows units in vicinity which is really powerful and is basically a blob stopper.
LT's and Captains - give nice bonuses to close units and can use foo which can not only take out infantry but take out vehicles as well (ditto mortar light vehicles)

I don't see how its all not balanced against each other. Plus, ami officers are pretty easy to kill.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 07:13:51 pm »

Colt fires roughly once per second taking reload into account.   It has 40 range, .2 acc at long and .6 acc at short range(10).   10% chance to headshot in green health, 20% at yellow.

You're looking at a hit every 5 seconds at long range, with 10% chance to headshot.  Not particularly overpowered.

At short range hes deadly, but its just an officer, so hes extremely vulnerable at short range.

I think he gets many kills due to the rapid rof, killing low health units that are about to die anyways.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 08:28:24 pm »

two is actually wrong, the wehr officer has the same reload as the american... and an offmap.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 09:49:53 pm »

I don't see how its all not balanced against each other. Plus, ami officers are pretty easy to kill.

I think the US Officer is very balanced to existing officers.  Wehr officer gets really tough and an Mp40 at vet 2, while our 'Patton' keeps his rapidfire close defense sidearm to deal with charging troops and to add in his really cool and unique sidearm to allied troops.  I have no problems also with him 'stealing' kills as he kills mainly as many other posters have said low health units that are charging him assisting an allied unit (be it BAR riflemen, rangers, etc) because he's a close support/frontline officer who gives buffs, while the Wehr is primarily a Off-map Observer.

And to those who say he is 'too easy to lose/die', well I have a vet 3 officer myself, and I love the guy!  Just can't treat him as a Knights Cross, he needs to ASSIST, not fight on his own against 4-1 odds!

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 10:50:54 pm »

mp40 & mp44 > Rapid Fire Pistol.

You just wont' see it used much cuz you dont move officers with your infantry like the ami officer, but i've had units gibbed by officers especially snipers and when they get mp40 & mp44, stick 'em in green cover and they're waaaaay better than the ami officer.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 10:54:53 pm »

mp40 & mp44 > Rapid Fire Pistol.

You just wont' see it used much cuz you dont move officers with your infantry like the ami officer, but i've had units gibbed by officers especially snipers and when they get mp40 & mp44, stick 'em in green cover and they're waaaaay better than the ami officer.
Hell no i'd take the 10% headshot over my mp44
I've played with both The terror officer and the Defensive officer and the American officer has a much better gun.

pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 01:01:36 am »

imo, when the pak guys bugged out, just use him. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc