Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:26:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple Companies?  (Read 3146 times)
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 17, 2009, 12:23:13 pm »

They ever guna comeback?

Back in the day you were allowed 3 and it basically allowed you to have an attacking company and a defending one or let you test stuff out without having to delete your main company but you would keep your doctrine abilities instead of having to relog and remake on a fresh account all the time.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 02:30:18 pm »

I miss that as well. 

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 02:45:25 pm »

With the coming of the war map and encouragement to players to pick and stick to a single company, this feature should return. It let people play with their single company at all times no matter what the situation of the war.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 03:39:31 pm »

i just ask for a log out button. so i dont have to close the launcher then re-open it to switch accounts.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 03:44:10 pm »

i
They ever guna comeback?

Back in the day you were allowed 3 and it basically allowed you to have an attacking company and a defending one or let you test stuff out without having to delete your main company but you would keep your doctrine abilities instead of having to relog and remake on a fresh account all the time.

i faintly remember devs saying they dont want people to base there companies around if there attacking or defending. so no i dont think its gonna come back.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 05:49:27 pm »

i
They ever guna comeback?

i faintly remember devs saying they dont want people to base there companies around if there attacking or defending. so no i dont think its gonna come back.
If the second company was a completely new one (having to re-choose/buy doctrines, doc unlocks, advantages, etc) then it would be fine, and even encourage players to try out different factions/doctrines/strategies/etc.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 06:01:33 pm »

I think twos right, that's why they made modes random. they didnt like people always playing r-mode, because people had gimmicky call ins.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 10:02:19 pm »

I think twos right, that's why they made modes random. they didnt like people always playing r-mode, because people had gimmicky call ins.

They still do have gimmicky companies anyhow having multiple companies is a terrible idea it does encourage gimmicks

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 10:10:24 pm »

its not a terrible idea.  It encourages diversity, and with the uniformity around now, thats not a bad thing.  It also helps people try new things without having to start entirely new companies and re-level, which can be frustrating.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 10:14:18 pm »

its not a terrible idea.  It encourages diversity, and with the uniformity around now, thats not a bad thing.  It also helps people try new things without having to start entirely new companies and re-level, which can be frustrating.

Explain how it would encourage diversity, i can see it now people forming new gimmicky companies to counter everything, i guess sure its nice some players would experiment but not most at least not most who want to win
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 05:43:14 pm »

Explain how it would encourage diversity, i can see it now people forming new gimmicky companies to counter everything, i guess sure its nice some players would experiment but not most at least not most who want to win
Have the new company require new PP to unlock doctrines/advantages/reinforcements. If someone wants to spend all their time on a 'gimmick' company, then that's time away form their main company.
Besides, if someone wants to make a gimmick company, they can just create a new battalion (with a new email) easily enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc