Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:02:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] STuG  (Read 9758 times)
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 04:47:40 pm »

I always imagined the stug with insane frontal armour, that almost nothing can penetrate.  But extremely weak on sides and rear.

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 05:48:39 pm »

just increase availability to 6/2/2 and we'll see many 6 stug co's

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 09:10:14 pm »

I don't think you would, pretty much the only match-up that is decent for the stug is head to head vs an un-upgun sherman. That's about the only matchup you should win most the time and also worth the risk vs. reward. Just about any other tank can either circle strafe you (and a sherman can even still do this depending on map and micro) or just out damage you.

With an MG and the terror ability to give it more suppression it does suppress infantry ok, but since it doesn't really do much damage vs infantry it's more of a nuisance then anything most the time.

I'm just not sure where this really fits in the Axis arsenal against the allies.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 09:59:26 pm »

horrible im so anti stug even in coh im anti stug unless i can spam em at vet 3 for mass effect. They are god awful and tend to be penetrated by almost all AT except shermans lol. I can say though that T4s like german steel or heat rounds help em alot....but P4s are just soo much better. Its niche unit with no use other than trying to challenge yourself to see how many you can get to vet 3.....what does it need? relic fucked up its main gun so badly, the mg suppression got nerf batted, skirts were its life line back in EiR now they nothing. I dont know even if they got buffed i wouldnt use em....ill take a upgunned puma anyday over a stug...

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 10:03:44 pm »

shit here we go

upgunned Puma has better

- armor ( plasma shield and great evasion vs tanks )
- penetration ( cuz it gets more shots off and lives longer lol)
- a turret
- mg
- faster
- can beat light armor
- can circle strafe some tanks
- almost the same pop
- cheaper repair kit
- awesome vet bonuses
- cheaper fuel and MP

stug has

- loses to everything but m18s and shermans
- slow as shit
- waste of fuel and mp
- waste of munis

fuck it just remove the stug and give us a donkey with shrecks.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 11:45:39 pm »

Only problem with stug is avability it doesn't needs buffs. People don't like mixing them with p4s, if they want stugs they want only stugs mostly, and noone is going to pay pps for something what they know they wont keep alive for all games.
Thats what Im hoping.

Lets see what the Avail rework does for it.

And as a teaser - The Reinf packages may be formed based on the 4 new Availability pools, and INCREASE them Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
TheDrunkenSmurf Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2009, 01:16:34 am »

relic fucked up its main gun so badly, the mg suppression got nerf batted, skirts were its life line back in EiR now they nothing. I dont know even if they got buffed i wouldnt use em....ill take a upgunned puma anyday over a stug...

It's main gun is very good against armor (because of its damage). The stug is a better tank hunter than a hetzer but there are a couple of things making it hard to use.

- because of its lower range than the hetzer its small firing cone and slow turning is a big disadvantage (most skilled player are able to out maneuver a stug)
- it has low HP and its upgrades (skirts and gunner) are very expensive compared to its price and limited capability (gun is AT only)

One stug in a Company can be very useful if you have to fight many unupgunned shermans but it need to be always supported by an other AT unit.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2009, 01:31:06 am »

relic fucked up its main gun so badly, the mg suppression got nerf batted, skirts were its life line back in EiR now they nothing. I dont know even if they got buffed i wouldnt use em....ill take a upgunned puma anyday over a stug...

It's main gun is very good against armor (because of its damage). The stug is a better tank hunter than a hetzer but there are a couple of things making it hard to use.

- because of its lower range than the hetzer its small firing cone and slow turning is a big disadvantage (most skilled player are able to out maneuver a stug)
- it has low HP and its upgrades (skirts and gunner) are very expensive compared to its price and limited capability (gun is AT only)

One stug in a Company can be very useful if you have to fight many unupgunned shermans but it need to be always supported by an other AT unit.

But who ever uses a unupgunned sherman?
you never see it anymore.

*cough* Skirted P4 Rant *cough*

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2009, 01:51:43 am »

But who ever uses a unupgunned sherman?
you never see it anymore.

*cough* Skirted P4 Rant *cough*

I use un-upgunned Shermans. 2 75mms and 2 76mms. And it's not because I don't have munitions to spare. It's because the 75mm is better at light vehicle and infantry killing.

--

As for StuGs, well, they just had a simpler life back in old EiR. Let me know how stug spam goes ampm, I'm curious. There's a lot more stug predators out there these days.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2009, 02:01:12 am »

Stug spam will never work, Axis have no tank buffs till T4's.

Tank reapers, Nuke RR's, Armor Buffs. List goes ooooon
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 04:06:23 am »

StuG needs some love tbh not in any sort of a buff, Range buff to match M10 and Hellcat was a good idea. its only 5 range increase.

This assault gun somewhat works like a anti tank platform like M10 and M18 (although those two are tank hunters)

StuG's weakness is that it is slow, but has awsome frontal armor that was buffed in VCoH patches. Although StuG is dead when 1 Airborne squad or two ranger squads comes up against it. Even with skirts it is gone.

With availability of 4 no one takes StuGs because P4 do things better. If StuG's were cheaper in fuel and had av of 6 they'd be spammable and thus might be more used.. StuG's accuracy vs infantry is horrible so its like a mobile PAK gun with shorter range ability to get a MG (Luger man in PAK is better) and Skirts to help vs hand held AT.

StuG just isn't worth it at the moment...Puma is far more better and costs less fuel too (50 compared to 165)

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 04:21:06 am »

why increasde availability if u can fix it with a speed increase/ skirts price decrease or something..

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc