Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:31:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patch 007 D Preivew  (Read 11966 times)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« on: September 04, 2009, 09:50:08 pm »

Hello All!

I'm here to share with you a small video preivew of our up and coming patch for Europe in Ruins, 007 D. There will be some exciting changes coming in 007 D, and I thought that it would be a great idea to share it with our wonderful community to get you all excited about 007 D.

There are some other things coming in 007 D, but for the sake of the video I'll only be showcasing 3 of them, depending on how well this video is received and your behaviour within thi thread, we'll see if there is room to continue to show case of changes this way.

Just to let you all know before you watch the video: everything you see is still work in progress and this video isn't to be considered fact until 007 D is out. We're constantly changing numbers and other variables within 007 D, so what you see in the video may not be what comes in 007 D. Also please do not have balance Arguments based on this video; its silly to try.

Europe in Ruins Patch 007D Preview
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 09:56:30 pm »

crocs with skirts!! crocs will be makin a comeback!

and that priest arty was sweet!

question: will a future patch be limiting super heavies any time soon? or is multiple kt/jagd/tiger and triple pershing not perceived as a problem anymore?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:07:36 pm by wildsolus » Logged

Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 10:09:24 pm »

Bulldozer looks good on the croc. Airburst on the priest doesn't seem all that fair at the moment. I'm still at a lose as to why the brits get a tank shock and the germans don't. Looking forward to seeing what else is going to be changed before making too many judgements  Wink
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 10:13:27 pm »

Airburst on the priest doesn't seem all that fair at the moment.

Well, it won't be as simple to gain Airburst on a Priest as you think; its a secret ability for Royal Artillery to requires the player to have a bought a certain selection of Doctrine abilities, which I won't be telling you what they are. Oh, I'm that evil Wink

question: will a future patch be limiting super heavies any time soon? or is multiple kt/jagd/tiger and triple pershing not perceived as a problem anymore?

Not to sure on that at the moment, we're still assessing the situation regarding super heavies at this time. 
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 10:14:33 pm »

Bulldozer looks good on the croc. Airburst on the priest doesn't seem all that fair at the moment. I'm still at a lose as to why the brits get a tank shock and the germans don't. Looking forward to seeing what else is going to be changed before making too many judgements  Wink

because tank shock is a brit ability and not a german?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 10:15:07 pm »

Airburst on the priest doesn't seem all that fair at the moment.

Well, it won't be as simple to gain Airburst on a Priest as you think; its a secret ability for Royal Artillery to requires the player to have a bought a certain selection of Doctrine abilities, which I won't be telling you what they are. Oh, I'm that evil Wink

Thats pretty cool. You guys going to be doing other stuff like that for other docs?
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:22:56 pm »

There's no plans to do this for every doctrines; this one is more of an experiment at this stage. Although it would be cool to have this type of thing in implemented in the future; it doesn't fit with out revision of the doctrines. Think of this as more along the lines as something just purely for fun.
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 10:55:43 pm »

Couldn't really see the skirts in action, only 1 hit and 3 schreck shots missed Shocked unless...the skirts give reduced accuracy incoming?!?! Shocked

Ooo secret combination to unlock airburst...

So on ghost town we need to get sappers to harvest green flowering shrubs, mix with a cooking pot taken from a house on bastion, forge them together in the chateau on chateau, to get 1 airburst round! Rinse and repeat for extra ammunition :p

Yeh to tank shock change. Wasn't this change in previously, but the MGs did so little suppression it was worthless? At least this is better, whee.
GeneralGlacko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 10:58:10 pm »

"if it hits."  LOL  Tongue

anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 11:25:43 pm »

Great more arty!  Ill keep waiting...

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 11:30:12 pm »

Great more arty!  Ill keep waiting...

Don't worry anthony, the Air burst rounds run on the same timer as the Priests Howitzer Barrage; Air burst is only usable on priests. So it's only going to be one one expensive platform and players will have to make a choice over normal barrage and air burst barrage, it's also only unlockable to players who correctly buy 3 Artillery doctrine abilities, which I am not going to say what they are.

So the chances of you fighting this, is quite low. Its just a little fun thing I've added.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 11:31:43 pm »

Those airburst rounds seemed pretty lack-luster to me - yeah, the splash is quite large, but the covered area resembles that of a cali barrage, rather that of a howitzer barrage, and the ROF is quite slow, meaning it won't really hit a moving target all that well.

Perhaps add a suppression effect?

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2009, 12:12:17 am »

Airburst rounds look like overwatch barrage, seems fine to me.   The speed of the projectile and the accuracy seems fairly high.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 12:36:52 am »

airburst looks cool and wont be as good vs tanks as a regular barrage. So basically its for units out in the open and it'll suck vs units in buildings.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 12:48:40 am »

airburst looks cool and wont be as good vs tanks as a regular barrage. So basically its for units out in the open and it'll suck vs units in buildings.

AFAIK the "airburst" animation of an overwatch barrage is just that, an animation.

Its not intuitive I know, but overwatch barrage rapes tanks and garrisoned harder than the regular one because of the bigger AOE.   
BigDick
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 01:39:18 am »

more artillery that is very precise and able to instagib complete (vet) squads

as there isn't enough artillery in RCA currently (op mortar pit, 25pounder with op creep, priest with op creep, mortar saturation, earthshaker....)
played yesterday such a game with one RCA was just zero fun even when we won....

we will see about the others

wasnt a croc with bulldozer more health anyways?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 01:43:03 am by BigDick » Logged
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 01:42:04 am »

Ya pretty much.  RCA is silly to play against tbh.  If I wanted simcity8000 I'd play vcoh.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 02:04:09 am »

10% more health, which is nothing against the shrek's damage, in regards to the dozer upgrade.  Definitely needs 'skirts' to survive and do its job for a bit.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 02:33:24 am »

Yay! I'd love to start using the croc again ^_^

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Osprey Offline
Maj. Osprey, Royal Lincolnshire Regiment

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 04:27:05 am »

I'm not so excited by the arty options for RCA to be honest. I'm much more interested in the possibility of a good T4 for non-arty RCA players (i.e. something infantry/infantry support based to support the T1s and T2s).

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc