Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 02:21:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bravery vs. Code Loyalty  (Read 5473 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: September 08, 2009, 12:59:55 pm »

[US] Infantry, Bravery T1 - Rifles and Rangers are 10% more resistant to suppression.
[WM] Blitz, Code Loyalty T1 - Volks and Grens are 10% harder to suppress.

Now I'm going to assume that even though the wording is different, it means the same thing. Now first off, do rangers really need this help? They have fire up.

Second is this, rifles and rangers by default vs. and MG42 are easier to suppress than volks and grens vs a .30 cal. So right off the bat I have to say, why do they both get the same % of suppression resistance?

here is my suggestion.

Add in engs to the list, and push it up to 15% more suppression resistant. Engs could really use the help, it would make people want to use flamer engs a little bit more.

A similar discussion could be had comparing zeal and other doctrine infantry buffing abilities. I'm going to have to look into it more to make a good comparison.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 01:02:17 pm »

My suggestion would be, instead of granting engineers supp. resistance through doctrine, fix their suppresion thresh-hold, instead....

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 02:31:21 pm »

this has been fine for the longest and you barely notice the 10% and yes rangers need it because you dont want ot HAVE to use fireup to get away, it can be almost a death sentence now with the cooldown after use.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 02:51:28 pm »

No allies dont need it get rid of that T1, Axis do need it = Bar supression.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 02:57:36 pm »

Jesus Christ Deamon, could you be any more of a fanboy?!

Rifles get suppressed by anything under the sun, while Grens both PE and Wehr walk through 30.cal long range fire like it's a BB gun.

Unless you got access to tankshock, Suppression Fire is the only sure fire way to suppress axis troops, and not to mention the suppressing squad loses DPS while the ability is active.

Just... wow...

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Sixpack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 03:08:40 pm »

Rifles get suppressed by anything under the sun, while Grens both PE and Wehr walk through 30.cal long range fire like it's a BB gun.

Funny it never happens to me.
We all know that MG42 suppression is better but do not make the 30 cal look like a flyswater.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 04:23:20 pm »

Funny it never happens to me.
We all know that MG42 suppression is better but do not make the 30 cal look like a flyswater.

So you've never had a single gren wander into the long range of a 30.cal, mull around for a second or so, and walk straight back out?

And im not talking about multiple units where MGs get acc. bonuses

Yeah, you can sometimes walk riflemen out of a Mg42 before they're suppresseed, but Oh my god do grens get away with it more.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 04:25:44 pm »

i was agreeing with RikiRude that rangers dont need it because of fireup, and Rifles dont need it because they get supressed quick anyways even with it selected. makes way for a more benefiting T1

Axis do need it more because of a Mobile supression = Bar, Expensive less manned squads, no fireup squads in there companies.

Maybe you should get the idea out that anyone suggesting is biased towards what they play more.

And for anyone who doesnt know, Buy armor piercing bullets on the 30'cal than get back to me and tell me how it acts exactly like a Mg42 supressing then pinning 10 seconds after
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 04:28:43 pm »

so we're supposed to use AP rounds on infantry?  One would think regular bullets would work just fine...

and seriously, i've watched gren squads walk right into my mg's and then promptly right past them as they proceed to shoot them.  Usually its 2 squads, not one...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:30:31 pm by CrazyWR » Logged

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 04:39:52 pm »

Demon, you're such a bias lil something. The fact is, with the 10% resistance, you dont alwyas HAVE to use fireup. Just because they have access to it, doesn't mean that you want to use it all the time. Plus, the resistance is mainly against tank .50 cals and lmgs thats where it helps. Code loyalty doesn't help against bar suppression, it's impossible to get away from
BigDick
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 05:05:07 pm »

[US] Infantry, Bravery T1 - Rifles and Rangers are 10% more resistant to suppression.

yes why not making it grens and storms are 10% harder to suppress?

the mg42 maybe deal more suppression but storms have a huge weakness to all kinds of suppression like bar, quad, m18 mg, sherman mg, .cal
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 05:28:55 pm »

yes why not making it grens and storms are 10% harder to suppress?

the mg42 maybe deal more suppression but storms have a huge weakness to all kinds of suppression like bar, quad, m18 mg, sherman mg, .cal

thats because they're ambush troops. If they weren't so susceptible to being suppressed, they'd be way too good.

But at the same time, why would you even include bar and quad suppression, they're supposed to suppress fast, they're not really damaging weapons. 
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 05:30:31 pm »

My suggestion would be, instead of granting engineers supp. resistance through doctrine, fix their suppresion thresh-hold, instead....

Engineer suppression resistance is same as normal infantry.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 05:30:59 pm »

It was fixed a while back after much whining from me

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BigDick
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 05:31:44 pm »

same to mg42 it suppresses rifles good but it need at least more time to kill a half rifle squad using an mg42 than to kill a half grensquad using a .cal
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 07:01:16 pm »

same to mg42 it suppresses rifles good but it need at least more time to kill a half rifle squad using an mg42 than to kill a half grensquad using a .cal

thats because when a weapon suppresses, it does less damage than a weapon that doesn't suppress its target. both the mg42 and .30 cal do the same damage but the .30 cal is a bit more accurate but the mg42 will suppress in a wider area and since allied infantry usually have lower health than most axis units, then any unit you have near the mg42 will rape those rifles or rangers or ab.

I dunno about you but i'd rather make a unit useless and run off than kill some of it and it can hit me back. Why do you think most axis players hate bar suppression? Its basically a mobile mg42 the bar does no damage at all basically.
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 07:13:35 pm »

I skimmed through this thread, so sorry if I restate some things.

Without Bravery, my riflemen get suppressed pretty much right when they walk into the range of an mg42.  After I got Bravery, I am able to walk to the edge of an mg42's range and walk back out without getting suppressed.  This might have something to do with my rifles being more vetted, or maybe my reaction time has gotten better, but nowadays my rifles rarely get suppressed by an mg42.  10% suppression resistance is small and it won't let you walk through an mg42, but it definitely helps you avoid getting suppressed RIGHT as you walk into the firing arc.  I'm not sure, maybe someone else has different experiences or maybe the stats say otherwise, but I post from my own experiences and my 17 riflesquads in my company rarely get suppressed unless I want them to get suppressed for a flank.

Personally, I think these abilities make your opponents have to think more about their mg placement.  With these abilities, you can walk into the range of any type of mg and walk back out without getting suppressed, as long as you don't linger in the LoF too long.  Setting up an mg in the middle of a battle is already a great tactic, and these t1's make it almost necessary to do it.

I think those players that don't notice the difference from these t1's are either too rambo with their riflemen or they don't use hotkeys and therefore are unable to run their riflemen back once they run into an mg.

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 09:13:12 pm »

BAR's supression is so high that Code Loyalty is negligible against them, so saying that Code Loyalty is needed to be able get away from BARs.. is just fail.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 11:27:42 pm »

---Killer344:Nop, the "I'm right you are wrong rant" doesn't work here anymore, try harder.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:04:52 am by Killer344 » Logged
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 12:02:35 am »

Jesus christ Demon767, if you don't know that a BAR supresses more than an HMG42 with SF, which means 10% harder to supress is absolutely negligible, then you may need to stop posting here tbh.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc